Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands 3

Options

Comments

Got a Butcher finally not shock like I wanted but hey I'll take it , decided to try it out forgot to check the mods and of course there was the reflect one on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,404 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Farmed Graveward again a few times and sometimes no legendaries, sometimes 3 or 4. I'll keep the relic active just for farming him I suppose.

Finally got a brainstormer and funnily enough, a legendary incendiary assault rifle. Bank is now well and truly refilled too (for now) to the point where I had to take stuff out of it and sell it to put better stuff in.

Incendiary Conference Call is pretty much shredding through Graveward regardless of modifiers on Mayhem 3. Have my Hyperfocus SMG for backup which does great damage too. Just need to get some Rowan/Lucians Calls and Crossroads SMGs. Think I have everything else I need.

Penn wrote: »
    Farmed Graveward again a few times and sometimes no legendaries, sometimes 3 or 4. I'll keep the relic active just for farming him I suppose.

Finally got a brainstormer and funnily enough, a legendary incendiary assault rifle. Bank is now well and truly refilled too (for now) to the point where I had to take stuff out of it and sell it to put better stuff in.

Incendiary Conference Call is pretty much shredding through Graveward regardless of modifiers on Mayhem 3. Have my Hyperfocus SMG for backup which does great damage too. Just need to get some Rowan/Lucians Calls and Crossroads SMGs. Think I have everything else I need.

Got Rowan's Call thankfully. Can imagine having a good bit of fun with that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

best gum I have is an anointed huntsman. on action skill end (which is every 5 seconds) it does bonus fire damage for 2 mags, so it always does bonus damage and it is a fire gun.
    Mod is a phasezerker with +31% AR damage and the huntsman does at least twice the damage of my best AR
    modifiers make no difference, 2 manned slaughterstar earlier and it was ridiculously easy (opened the chest)
    going to matchmake with randoms now so people can watch me in awe

Got a radiation Crossroads. Hell of a gun. Decided to try Slaughterstar and got absolutely creamed in the third round. I think between the Brainstormer, Rowans Call and AAA, I was probably using too many shock weapons. Might switch shotgun to fire Conference Call at least, and although the Re-Charger shield is great, I think the Transformer might be the better pick for some of those earlier round, especially when you have the Shock Heavy guys. If I used it, the mod that gives a 183% damage boost for using weapons that match the status effect you're being hit with, and either the Rowan's Call or AAA, that should clear out those rounds in seconds.

Have no decent corrosive weapons though, so might farm Graveward a bit more and hope for something. Once those robots and wardogs come, need to get rid of them quickly.

• Advertisement

I've built Amara the exact same way my buddy has. While we can still come unstuck if the modifiers go against us the main focus is killing stuff before they kill you. Did the slaughterstar with randoms, guys were hopping in getting destroyed and quitting throughout, neither of us went down once. Also the damage even the beastmasters were doing just wasn't enough although they may not have been built right.

I don't know why this big gap is here . I can't seem to fix it either

Went onto the slaughtershaft but got screwed by modifiers. -50% gun damage -45% element damage. We got through the first round (various randoms died in the process) but it took ages. My buddy died in Round 2 and there was just no way I was going to struggle through. Changed modifiers and got 2 enemy projectiles +40% enemy damage. While they were doing horrendous damage the fact we could take them down quick meant it was easy (although I went down in Round 4 and my friend had to solo a few waves) We did a second run then without any issue.

• I've no idea what you are talking about :P

I just completed the main campaign the other day and got to level 37 in the process.
    Loads of side quests left. Am I better of turning on Mayhem mode and finishing those or just drive on to true vault hunter mode :?

I've no idea what you are talking about :P

I just completed the main campaign the other day and got to level 37 in the process.
    Loads of side quests left. Am I better of turning on Mayhem mode and finishing those or just drive on to true vault hunter mode :?

I'd say just turn on Mayhem Mode and start leaning up some of the side missions and crew challenges. As you get better weapons from it, increase up to Mayhem 2, then 3. You'll hit Level 50 in no time and at that point there's not much use in TVHM. Mayhem 3 is a decent enough challenge.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I've built Amara the exact same way my buddy has. While we can still come unstuck if the modifiers go against us the main focus is killing stuff before they kill you. Did the slaughterstar with randoms, guys were hopping in getting destroyed and quitting throughout, neither of us went down once. Also the damage even the beastmasters were doing just wasn't enough although they may not have been built right.

I don't know why this big gap is here . I can't seem to fix it either

Went onto the slaughtershaft but got screwed by modifiers. -50% gun damage -45% element damage. We got through the first round (various randoms died in the process) but it took ages. My buddy died in Round 2 and there was just no way I was going to struggle through. Changed modifiers and got 2 enemy projectiles +40% enemy damage. While they were doing horrendous damage the fact we could take them down quick meant it was easy (although I went down in Round 4 and my friend had to solo a few waves) We did a second run then without any issue.

Yeah I think I wasn't really in the right headspace for it, and I need a bit of practice with the new weapons too. Keep forgetting the Crossroads isn't fully auto, as with the Hyperfocus it was a lot easier to point, shoot and do reams of damage.

I'm really not sure what the reason is for completing TVHM. The xp is greater and assume Mayhem 3 in TVHM gives greater rewards than normal Mayhem 3 but that's the only reason. Having to run through the game again to complete it with no way of skipping cut scenes and dialogue is a real chore.

It's the modifiers that influence the end game. If you have decent ones the games a walk in the park, with the right set up, everywhere.

• Advertisement

The modifiers change when you transition too. Yeah not sure what the point of TVHM was either, I haven't tested to see if there is a difference in difficulty in end game between normal and TVHM. I left nearly all the side quests unfinished in case they raise the cap.

At this point though I'm not playing the game, farming the same boss over and over isn't playing and the reward for doing the other stuff isn't really there.

99% of stuff gates left on the ground and at this point I can tell whats dropping before it hits the ground and I've quit out before it does.

I did get a nice deathless relic last night with health regen which saves me waiting for the shield recharge.

• The campaign in general was a letdown, one of the worst written stuff in a long time and the two bad guys are the quit possibly the most annoying yokes ever created!
    Know way I'm slogging through that again.

Rant over, it's great the gunplay is still decent!
    Out of interest, can you create a new character and avoid a campaign replay and just do the other modes?

the mechanic that you're rewarded for farming offline is ludicrous. not sure what genius came up with that. Spent 2 hours farming Kagwya yesterday, got three okish mods but not ones I'd use. Mate came on and started trading online & within an hour he had everything we needed. Just looking for really specific gear now
    The elemental projector mod I have is fine and can be swapped in when the modifiers go awry but otherwise it's not needed. I'm losing about 80-100ish% damage I reckon but it doesn't matter. I'd like the mod I have to do smg rather than AR damage and that's about it.

If you make a new character you have to do everything again ala 2. It's not pleasant.

The campaign in general was a letdown, one of the worst written stuff in a long time and the two bad guys are the quit possibly the most annoying yokes ever created!
    Know way I'm slogging through that again.

Rant over, it's great the gunplay is still decent!
    Out of interest, can you create a new character and avoid a campaign replay and just do the other modes?

Nah if you create a new character you've to start again. Only real way around it might be if you create your new character (say Moze for example) and play maybe the first area so you get gun, shield etc. Then go back to your previous character (say Amara), bring Moze in via splitscreen with a second controller. Put Moze in a safe place, then play as Amara and Moze should get XP from the kills too (wouldn't even need to be Mayhem mode or anything, in fact probably best if not as enemies will be tougher since there's two of you already).

By then end, Moze should be say Lvl20 or whatever. Then you can mostly just blitz through the story mode with her fairly quickly and easily. Did it a few times in Borderlands 2. Get a new character up to Lvl50 while farming bosses, then run through the story with them very quickly. Only issue is low-level gear.

I did it with an alt farming graveward offline got to 50 in no time, reason for doing it was to exploit the separate loot drops in co-op. I'd have to play through the story if I wanted a playable character though as it's the only way to unlock the additional weapon and coms slots etc.

platinum was pretty easy but few tricky things
    getting all locations - some of these were a couple of yards wide, one was a locked room that only opened after you beat the level
    all side missions - the last one only popped after you beat the game
    eridium writing - after you get them all you have to go back to Sanctuary and read the one in Tanis's room, not sure if this is prompted, someone told me about it

not really spoiler worthy but just in case

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Just rescued Hammerlock. Game is really coming together. I lost 20,000 though is that level trying to get up to one of those messages of a past vault hunter. You had to jump up to a pipe and if you fall which I did you drop completely off the level.

Rare spawn hunt starting tomorrow, all sure to show up in their spawn points. Hopefully the COMS have a better drop rate in this event.

Rakkman – Night Flyer, Legendary Pistol
    El Dragon Jr – Unleash the Dragon, Legendary Artifact
    Road Dog – Redline, Legendary Shotgun
    IndoTyrant – Random Customization
    Force Troopers – Random Legendary class mods
    Demoskaggon – Random Legendary Shield
    The Unstoppable – Band of Sytorak, Legendary Shield
    Thunk & Sloth – It's Piss, Legendary Grenade Mod
    Maxitrillion – The Horizon, Legendary Shotgun
    Borman Nates – Psycho Stabber, Legendary Pistol
    Princess Tarantella II – Hive, Legendary Rocket Launcher
    Mother of Grogans – Random Legendary Artifacts
    Red Jabber – Random Legendary Grenade Mod
    Urist McEnforcer – Masterwork Crossbow, Legendary Sniper Rifle

Well this looks to be as broken as last weeks event, seems they aren't guaranteed spawn ffs :mad:

yup don't know who I'm angrier with Telltale or you for getting my hopes up. All morning in work daydreaming about relic farming.
    I tried that and the the mod farm twice, nada.

edit: just read a couple of threads on reddit. no guaranteed spawn, see comments along the lines of 50 runs, 18 spawns, 1 legendary. Total waste of time tbh. first world problems but that's where I live

• Advertisement

Actually I commented on Reddit in reply to a post , the force troopers are actually spawning for me every run I just wasn't waiting long enough. Use the short cut to jump up to the left near the weapon crate when entering the courtyard. Got nothing so far but did get a better AAA in the chest.

EDIT: And just as I say that they drop a bloody trinket ffs

Rare spawn hunt starting tomorrow, all sure to show up in their spawn points. Hopefully the COMS have a better drop rate in this event.

Rakkman – Night Flyer, Legendary Pistol
    El Dragon Jr – Unleash the Dragon, Legendary Artifact
    Road Dog – Redline, Legendary Shotgun
    IndoTyrant – Random Customization
    Force Troopers – Random Legendary class mods
    Demoskaggon – Random Legendary Shield
    The Unstoppable – Band of Sytorak, Legendary Shield
    Thunk & Sloth – It's Piss, Legendary Grenade Mod
    Maxitrillion – The Horizon, Legendary Shotgun
    Borman Nates – Psycho Stabber, Legendary Pistol
    Princess Tarantella II – Hive, Legendary Rocket Launcher
    Mother of Grogans – Random Legendary Artifacts
    Red Jabber – Random Legendary Grenade Mod
    Urist McEnforcer – Masterwork Crossbow, Legendary Sniper Rifle

Nothing there to make me switch from just farming Graveward repeatedly.

That damn billy the anointed goliath. Took me a while to
    realize you jump his sonar shock.
    I found him the hardest so far anyway.

I thought I was great shooting at him from outside until he managed to squeeze through :pac:

I thought I was great shooting at him from outside until he managed to squeeze through :pac:

Outside where? I stayed in the opposite room at first but he kept telporting beside I would run to the other room and teleport to me again and I would be dead. Done that a few times. Eventually I realized
    that you just jump over the sonar shock
    and when he teleports beside you run to the other side of the room eventually he died.

He also glitched inside a wall on me so was stuck inside. I killed myself hoping he would get free and he didn't so I had to fast travel back to the start of level and go all the way through again and at least he was not stuck any more and then I killed him. It was a chore to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

He first got stuck in the bar like bit before the theatre area main room. Then, after fleeing a bit to recharge my special, he followed/chased me back to the library part :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,487 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

That damn billy the anointed goliath. Took me a while to
    realize you jump his sonar shock.
    I found him the hardest so far anyway.

I didn't even realise he was a boss, went down in seconds to my machine gun shotgun :pac:

Got an incendiary Lucinan's call. It's a beautiful thing with Moze but they need to look at her action skill. It's totally useless end game. Ok you can trigger bonuses by hopping in and out but that takes too long or in the event of you getting near death it's handy to recharge shields and a few seconds immunity which might be handy for a raid boss but totally useless otherwise. I haven pressed LB in a week ffs.

Same here. Then when you die, he's in the damn room you respawn in.

• Advertisement

Penn wrote: »
    Same here. Then when you die, he's in the damn room you respawn in.

You guys got lucky. I tried that and he would teleport behind me without me knowing and sonar shock me and I would try run away and he would teleport to me and sonar shock me again and I would die.

Took me a while but I
    finally figured out to stay in the same room as him and jump the shock
    . Wasn't so bad once I figured that out. Just took me dying many times to realize. :o

Advertisement