Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands 3

Options

Comments

My cutsman is corrosive and my deathless artifact is a face melter one with +25% bonus corrosive damage per kill for 8 seconds for up to 5 stacks. Thats a hell of a lot if I can kill things quickly with the cutsman.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,404 ✭✭✭✭Penn

For Katagawa you have to shoot the generators to stop the clones spawning, but really they are so weak the only consequence is the fight gets dragged out.

Most times I was able to get his shield off and half his health as he runs at you when you drop down.

Ah, I knew the generators could damage him, but most of the time it was just easier and quicker to shoot him and the clones myself. Fight was definitely more of an annoyance than anything, especially when you got rid of the clones but then couldn't find the prick or had to run halfway across the arena to get a decent shot.

I'm enjoying the Phasegrasping Amara build a lot now. Still needs work and re-tuning of mods, guns and relic to properly take advantage of it, but it can do some incredible damage in the right circumstances, particularly when linking the grasped enemies to nearby enemies and chucking out a hex grenade. It means all enemies get the damage from the grenade itself, plus link damage from the grenade and ricocheting bullets from the grasped enemy, plus status spread among enemies. It can absolutely obliterate mobs.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,701 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Penn wrote: »
    Ah, I knew the generators could damage him, but most of the time it was just easier and quicker to shoot him and the clones myself. Fight was definitely more of an annoyance than anything, especially when you got rid of the clones but then couldn't find the prick or had to run halfway across the arena to get a decent shot.

I'm enjoying the Phasegrasping Amara build a lot now. Still needs work and re-tuning of mods, guns and relic to properly take advantage of it, but it can do some incredible damage in the right circumstances, particularly when linking the grasped enemies to nearby enemies and chucking out a hex grenade. It means all enemies get the damage from the grenade itself, plus link damage from the grenade and ricocheting bullets from the grasped enemy, plus status spread among enemies. It can absolutely obliterate mobs.

Get yourself a Lucians call and watch your damage soar even higher thanks to ricocheting from crit shots.
    Combined with Amaras` tethering and ricocheting , ricochet central right there :)

Dcully wrote: »
    Get yourself a Lucians call and watch your damage soar even higher thanks to ricocheting from crit shots.
    Combined with Amaras` tethering and ricocheting , ricochet central right there :)

Is there a difference between the Lucian's Call and Rowan's Call?

Edit: Ah, I see the Lucian is a Vladof one rather than Jakobs. Cheers, will be on the lookout for that one too.

Edit of Edit: Actually, I see from the list posted earlier that it's a quest reward for something I haven't done yet, which means I can go for it and it'll be Level 50. That's my plan for tonight so!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Lucian's Call has a higher mag and when the bullet ricochet procs it can feel like you have infinite ammo. Rowan's does more damage and looks cooler.

• Advertisement

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Lucian's Call has a higher mag and when the bullet ricochet procs it can feel like you have infinite ammo. Rowan's does more damage and looks cooler.

Yeah it's probably the preferred one and was the one featured on the video where I got the Amara Build I'm using, but probably better chances of getting the Lucian's Call through the Loot-o-gram thing than just relying on world drop chances, at least to tide me over for a while.

I picked up a Lucian last night and compared it to the Rowans call. Rowans does 300 more damage but the Lucians has a bigger mag. Other wise the ricochet etc is the exact same.

With my Moze build and gear I have the Rowans call up to a 40 mag.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Sooo..... money.... any purpose of it besides buying ammo or reviving after you max all ammo/bank/backpack slots?

Anything i can sink my money into? i finished with ammo upgrades last night and im already at 20mil :(

I'm sure the money's only there in endgame so you feel bad about yourself when you day
    I genuinely spelled die in a Northie accent? I'm very tired.

The drop rate on the classmods is terrible. maybe 1/4 at a push. Seeing the one you want then drop only for it to be way worse than what you have :mad:

• Advertisement

nix wrote: »
    Sooo..... money.... any purpose of it besides buying ammo or reviving after you max all ammo/bank/backpack slots?

Anything i can sink my money into? i finished with ammo upgrades last night and im already at 20mil :(

Moxxi's slots are about the only worthwhile use that might net you something interesting, but other than that, no. I've played three main borderlands games now, and I don't think I've bought a weapon from a vending machine since I hit level 10 in my first one (bar some DPUHs from the torgue machines but they were with torgue tokens, not cash)

The drop rate on the classmods is terrible. maybe 1/4 at a push. Seeing the one you want then drop only for it to be way worse than what you have :mad:

pain and terror and Kayawaga are bugged apparently. So is graveward but in a good way. I just ran him 5 times and got 2 legendary mods

pain and terror and Kayawaga are bugged apparently. So is graveward but in a good way. I just ran him 5 times and got 2 legendary mods

Cheers, that might explain it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,486 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

got some legendary hyperion shotgun with smg level fire rate, its hilarious.
    though burning through the ammo that fast is tough

F*ck Proving Grounds Fervor. F*ck the tinky anointed hell out of it.

If it's not badass tinks with armour, shield and health, or anointed maniacs with full immunity to pretty much everything, or anointed goliaths zipping about the place like Usain Bolt on steroids... It's me throwing a tediore gun off a wall and hitting myself

Man that was a tough one. I like the overall design of the anointed, but the ones with the near persistent shield/immunity need to be fixed. That's just ridiculous.

F*ck Proving Grounds Fervor. F*ck the tinky anointed hell out of it.

If it's not badass tinks with armour, shield and health, or anointed maniacs with full immunity to pretty much everything, or anointed goliaths zipping about the place like Usain Bolt on steroids... It's me throwing a tediore gun off a wall and hitting myself

Man that was a tough one. I like the overall design of the anointed, but the ones with the near persistent shield/immunity need to be fixed. That's just ridiculous.

Haven't been able to work them out, the ones with the shield they throw at you then go gold and immune again and have a floor lava that seems to track you with dead eye accuracy :mad:

well I ran graveward 10 times + this morning, got no mods and now have to got to work. fu youtube!

Haven't been able to work them out, the ones with the shield they throw at you then go gold and immune again and have a floor lava that seems to track you with dead eye accuracy :mad:

Yeah they're by far the worst. The anointed tinks I find really funny getting big and tiny all the time, and the goliaths are tough but manageable.

But those ones (I think the militants) with shield plus immune are a shambles. Especially the one during the story mission on Eden-6. Died so many times where I had him almost killed, he knocked me into FFYL then went completely immune.

well I ran graveward 10 times + this morning, got no mods and now have to got to work. fu youtube!

No mods for me either but at least everything that dropped was new. He definitely seems to have the deepest loot pool.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,944 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

https://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/t/borderlands-3-patch-and-hotfixes-10-03-2019/3785518
    Today we’ll release both a patch and a hotfix for Borderlands 3 14 on all platforms by or before 3:00 PM PDT, with the patch addressing a number of reported concerns and the hotfix focusing on player character balance changes and tuning of some enemies and bosses.

First up are the patch notes:

Stability

Addressed a reported issue where an infinite loop could occur when hitting the Guardian Rank experience ceiling

General Fixes and Improvements
    • The Hollow Point Guardian Rank skill no longer damages allies
    • Hollow Point Guardian Rank skill has been re-enabled
    • Addressed a reported issue where some players were unable to unlock the Ultimate Vault Hunter achievement on Xbox
    • Addressed a reported issue where mouse functionality may have been lost when hot joining a friend’s session on PC
    • Addressed a reported issue where some players’ inventory would not be saved in their bank
    This week’s Borderlands 3 hotfixes, which will be live on all platforms by or before 3:00 PM PDT today, contain some player character balance changes and address some player reported concerns regarding enemy behavior.

Our goal is to make sure all three Action Skills for each Vault Hunter are viable, but we have noticed some skills have been outperforming others. To encourage more build diversity, we made some adjustments to FL4K and Moze this week.

We also looked at a few boss fights and made balance changes to make their combats more enjoyable. Finally, we went over some enemy behaviors that could have affected mission progression and adjusted some attacks to happen with more frequency.

Vault Hunter Adjustments

FL4K

Rakk Attack! is great for constant damage output, especially when paired with Anointed gear. The base skill still seems to be lacking, so Rakk Attack! now has a guaranteed status effect on any enemy that it damages. Leave No Trace was returning much more ammo than intended, and we have added a re-trigger delay to keep its ammo return within expectation. Barbaric Yawp has an increased bonus, as we didn’t feel that the amount of investment had an equal payoff. In addition, we felt that FL4K’s pets were demanding too much attention, which was interfering with players trying to stand still for any length of time, so we disabled the ability for them to move you around.
    • Rakk Attack! status effect chance as been increased to 100%.
    • Leave No Trace now has a re-trigger delay of 2 seconds.
    • Barbaric Yawp stat bonus increased by 100%.
    • Pets no longer push around player characters.
    • “Touch Pet” prompt is now a lower priority and should no longer interfere with looting or vending machines.
    Moze

Infinite Grenades is not an intentional build for Moze—even if it is hilarious. To lower the power (and spam) of this build, a re-trigger delay has been added to the grenade portion of Means of Destruction .
    • Means of Destruction* now has a re-trigger delay of 2 seconds.
    • Miscellaneous Changes
    • Adjusted the balance of Gigamind, Katagawa Ball, and Billy the Anointed
    • These three boss fights had concerns with their health and shields that made their combat loops more difficult than we intended. Gigamind had a little too much health, so that was reduced slightly. Katagawa Ball will no longer regenerate its shields; we found that while players contended with the adds during the fight, it would unfairly regenerate its shield, negating the players’ progress. Finally, Billy had 25% of his health removed; we agree that this fight often dragged on needlessly. We will be monitoring each of these bosses and may make further adjustments in the future.
    • Bloated Rakks no longer spawn so many Rakklesnakes
    • This change should make the Cistern of Slaughter in particular much more fun.
    • Adjusted the cooldown values when they are displayed for Zane’s skills
    • Amara’s Glamour will now turn enemies on each other, as described in the Action Skill.
    • Modified the loot spawn for Sera of Supremacy
    • Spiderant Emperors occasionally wouldn’t drill back out of the ground, which created a potential progression blocker in the Proving Ground of Survival; we have adjusted this and the issue has been addressed
    • Resolved an issue that could have prevented enemies from spawning while in Devil’s Razor
    • Lavender Crawly’s physics were adjusted to prevent them exiting the world like a popped balloon
    • Further safe guarded Apollo from being launched out of world as well
    • The Rampager will no longer enter an idle at state at inappropriate times
    • Saurain Slingers attacks were addressed
    • Guardians now use all their attacks in Playthrough 2
    • Guardian Wraiths now reliably use all their ranged attacks
    • NPCs in the Slaughter maps were reported to sometimes attempt to automatically revive players in the arena. Going forward they will no longer attempt to revive players.
    • Minimized the glow effect when opening Eridian ammo chests, can more easily see the ammo inside when opened

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

That damn level with the monks and the graveyard. Vending machines only at the beginning. I had to leave so much loot behind. I did tail back once when I wasn't far into the level and enemies respawned so I never back tracked again. Even on the way into the boss fight no vending machine. What the hell is that about.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,944 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

That damn level with the monks and the graveyard. Vending machines only at the beginning. I had to leave so much loot behind. I did tail back once when I wasn't far into the level and enemies respawned so I never back tracked again. Even on the way into the boss fight no vending machine. What the hell is that about.

Yeah even though the map is small compared to the others, there still should have been a halfway point with vending machines especially before the boss

Yeah the lack of vending machines in some areas is pretty bad. Used to always be machines before a boss fight at least. I got stuck in a bit of a loop farming Agoniser 9000 where I had to keep exiting and reloading to get ammo from the three ammo chests before the fight (and to get decent Mayhem modifiers too of course).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,701 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I hate to say it but im more or less finished with BL3, i have every item needed for any build i wish on both Fl4k and Moze.
    I totally loved my time with it however but it doesnt seem to have longevity this time around.

Dcully wrote: »
    I hate to say it but im more or less finished with BL3, i have every item needed for any build i wish on both Fl4k and Moze.
    I totally loved my time with it however but it doesnt seem to have longevity this time around.

I can see that alright. I'm sure the DLCs will keep me going but the legendary drop rate is just far too high that it's not special and isn't something to keep playing for. But between the DLCs and just loving the gameplay, I'll keep going for another while yet. Have only played as one character too so once I start to wane, I'll switch to someone else.

I've an Amara addiction problem, I'm sure I'll be fine......

Patch popped the last achievement for me.

I wish I'd thought of this sooner, farming bosses in coopition split screen for double loot as each player gets their own drops!!!!!!! Well it means getting an alt to level 50 to be worth it but for double loot off bosses????

I can see that alright. I'm sure the DLCs will keep me going but the legendary drop rate is just far too high that it's not special and isn't something to keep playing for. But between the DLCs and just loving the gameplay, I'll keep going for another while yet. Have only played as one character too so once I start to wane, I'll switch to someone else.

5 legendaries in an hour, not even farming. 2 from Seras/Wraiths in Nekrotofeyo, one from an eridian chest, one from Typhon dead drop, and one during a proving grounds. 2 Shields, a grenade and 2 Jakobs Pistols, and I already had one of the shields and pistols.

• Advertisement

just solo'd the slaughtershaft had nice enough modifiers, still can't believe it
    went down a few times, wasn't too bad tbh despite my best efforts to screw it up

Advertisement