Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISIS people returning thread - no Lisa Smith talk (21/12/19)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

conorhal wrote: »
    webmaster@taoiseach.gov.ie Why not voice your displeasure to the Dept of the Taoiseach and suggest that whichever quango from Amnasty to the Immigrant Counsel of Ireland that are wittering in his ear do dont represent the will of the people.

I'd search out a better email address if I was you, having done some IT work in the dept, I know for a fact that address goes straight to whoever is looking after the website in the IT unit. Far removed from Leo.

I'd search out a better email address if I was you, having done some IT work in the dept, I know for a fact that address goes straight to whoever is looking after the website in the IT unit. Far removed from Leo.

https://www.finegael.ie/our-people/ministers/

Just click on their pic and scroll down for their email address

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

VeryTerry wrote: »
    Fine Gael are centre right.

Barcelona are renowned for playing expansive, attacking and aesthetically pleasing football. But if you put Tony Pulis in charge of them...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 282 ✭✭Anthonylfc

smeal wrote: »
    I’m not sure if anyone here watched the BBC series The State last year (highly recommend) but this reminds me of that.

She should be allowed come back to have her baby (perhaps even in a prison) but then the baby should remain with her family who seem to be anti-ISIS and she should then be sent back out to that desert hell. She is a danger to her country.

her dad was pictured holding up IS flags at an IS march in london

they are NOT anti IS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

I dont think it was Begums father who was pictured with the flag.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Giveaway

Thanks for changing thread title

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 282 ✭✭Anthonylfc

tretorn wrote: »
    I dont think it was Begums father who was pictured with the flag.

it was

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Anthonylfc wrote: »
    it was

It wasn’t. That was the father of Amira Abase, another of the Bethnal Green girls.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,490 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Leo open to welcoming back passport holders who typically burn their passports to renounce their Irish citizenship and would be massively opposed to a western nation led by a gay man.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Anyone else thinking of heading away to join a jihadist outfit, fear not, you’ll be welcomed home. Horrrrraaay! What a message to send out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

nullzero wrote: »
    Leo open to welcoming back passport holders who typically burn their passports to renounce their Irish citizenship and would be massively opposed to a western nation led by a gay man.

Tell you what , if you changed horses tomorrow and had Coveney in charge he would still singing off the same German Hymn sheet. This is EU policy not Irish policy.

I just got a glance at the independent at lunch time, apparently all these jihadis who want to come "home" on respite from the front are our problem. We have to put them up in our prisons and hold them, feed them and clothe them. Ireland is like the Butlins for these guys.

FTA69 wrote: »
    It wasn’t. That was the father of Amira Abase, another of the Bethnal Green girls.

The apple doesnt fall far from the tree. Great nuts from little acorns grow;

nullzero wrote: »

Can you please clarify Islamic teaching on gay men please? I believe it includes roof top tours of the Mosques

• Registered Users Posts: 28,998 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

You will find none of them were born here but plenty who will grow up to be terrorists are growing up here now.

We have no duty to lowlifes who came here claiming asylum and were probably feted at some citizen award assembly attended and irganised by liberal lefties. That citizenship is contingent on being a goid citizen so if you go fighting for a terrorist organisation then you should no longer be entitled to live in Irekand.

Deny them entry at the airport no matter what Leo says, hold them somewhere unpleasant and put them on the next plane back to whatever hole they came from.

Leo had no right to make this decision on behalf of the rest of us. 72
    Per cent of the UK population aporoved of stripping Begums citizenship in spite of the fact that she left at fifteen and has a newborn, there is no doubt the majority of the Irish people dont want these adult males back, they pose a huge threat to our families.

given leo is taoiseach, then yes he very much has the right to make decisions on our behalf where he is allowed by law to do so. we may not agree with particular decisions but that is what the elections are for.
    72% of people supporting the stripping of citizenship from an actual british citizen is exactly why sometimes public opinion should be ignored due to the possible precedents it may potentially set

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

Somebody has dirt on Varadkar. Remember, this guy lives in an non secured apartment block. A few Garda outside but that's the lot. Very easy to access for a serious intelligence agency like the Saudi's or the Turks.

People who know Varadkar will tell you he is a weak guy. He was always passing the buck in medical school. He never wants to grasp a crisis or anything rather to chase things beyond his control like Brexit.

He is a good boy and himself and the BFF will get cushy numbers in Europe on board of Quangos with salaries expenses and all that. That is how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

FTA69 wrote: »

If in doubt, idiom?
    BumperD wrote: »
    Anyone else thinking of heading away to join a jihadist outfit, fear not, you’ll be welcomed home. Horrrrraaay! What a message to send out.

Its not exactly going to be like Big Jack and the team returning after Italia '90.

A report from The Herald in January

That is Bol-locks. Send her back to where ever she came from too. She did it for the money

Put him on a plane to Belarus and never allow him to have a pasdport or driving licence again.

Stamp his passport NVE (Not Valid for Europe).

jay0109 wrote: »
    And the costs involved in your options above don't come into your thinking?
    Legal fees, Gardai resources, housing/welfare etc

no .
    garda resources and legal fees apply generally to criminality. housing and wellfare are just speculation given we cannot say what sentences may be given to returning gihadis or suspected gihadis. the sentences could be long enough such that those issues wouldn't be a problem for very long.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Nah you’re talking through your hoop mate.

Plenty radicalised people come from normal families. Sure the two fellas who killed Lee Rigby were children of Christian conservative parents.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

no .
    garda resources and legal fees apply generally to criminality. housing and wellfare are just speculation given we cannot say what sentences may be given to returning gihadis or suspected gihadis. the sentences could be long enough such that those issues wouldn't be a problem for very long.
    And prison places are free :rolleyes:

Your whole post is meaningless. You seem to be trying to make some vague case that there are no costs involved with him returning no matter the outcome of any case.
    That's simply not true

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭beejee

Good idea: Not allowing field-trained and experienced terrorists, who hold the core belief that you should be killed, to live beside you in greater and greater numbers.

Bad idea: Allowing field-trained and experienced terrorists, who hold the core belief that you should be killed, to live beside you in greater and greater numbers.

Good Idea: Have control over probable/potential murderers who live in your society.

Bad Idea: Don't have control over probable/potential murderers who live in your society while "worrying" about "precedents" written in some outdated rulebook.

And prison places are free

of course not, but they are a general cost associated with criminality where imprisonment is deemed necessary.
    Your whole post is meaningless. You seem to be trying to make some vague case that there are no costs involved with him returning no matter the outcome of any case.
    That's simply not true

what i'm saying is that cost is not a valid argument in relation to this issue given that dealing with all other forms of criminality will cost also.

what i'm saying is that cost is not a valid argument in relation to this issue given that dealing with all other forms of criminality will cost also.

Again, meaningless in the context of this man. I point out that bringing him back will cost a lot of additional money to various systems here such as Criminal, Welfare, Housing etc in.
    Your reply says those systems are already costing us money so it doesn't matter :confused:

That Imam from the Blanchardstown Mosque is on Drivetime now, ringing in from Lahore!

He's 100% against letting the ISIS people back into Ireland as they don't believe our way of life, our societies or values should even exist. How do you let people like that, with military training, back into your country if they have citizenship elsewhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,685 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

given leo is taoiseach, then yes he very much has the right to make decisions on our behalf where he is allowed by law to do so. we may not agree with particular decisions but that is what the elections are for.
    72% of people supporting the stripping of citizenship from an actual british citizen is exactly why sometimes public opinion should be ignored due to the possible precedents it may potentially set

Versus the precedents which will be set by choosing to subscribe and fight as part of an international terrorist organisation, opposed to "the west" where you have citizenship.

The precedent is: Head off there and potentially kill loads of people, then come on back home with no consequences. We will pretend it never happened, theres a good lad. Here, would you like a few quid and free accomodation and somewhere to hang your flag? Just do us a favour and leave your Jihadi beliefs at the airport and dont support the "cause" any further.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

given leo is taoiseach, then yes he very much has the right to make decisions on our behalf ....

Leo “I am the European Union” Varadkar was elected Taoiseach by his party membership NOT by the Irish people.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

statesaver wrote: »
    Leo “I am the European Union” Varadkar was elected Taoiseach by his party membership NOT by the Irish people.

He's elected by the dail like every other bloomin' taoiseach. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Sure it's well known we keep rapists and murders here even when found to be here illegally,
    So it's no surprise Leo's support to bring foreign jihadis here ,
    Even if they do want to throw him and his partner off the nearest building.

Were a joke of a state

• Advertisement

That Imam from the Blanchardstown Mosque is on Drivetime now, ringing in from Lahore!

He's 100% against letting the ISIS people back into Ireland as they don't believe our way of life, our societies or values should even exist. How do you let people like that, with military training, back into your country if they have citizenship elsewhere!

if the citizenship they have elsewhere is their primary citizenship, as in they were born in that country, then by all means we don't have to let them in . if they have citizenship but their primary citizenship is irish, as in they were born here, then not letting them in is essentially trying to dump them on another country via them having citizenship of that country, dispite the fact the other citizenship is not their primary citizenship and the other country involved is not their country of nationality/birth, and that would absolutely be wrong to do that. we wouldn't like it if it was done to us so why should we do it to them.
    statesaver wrote: »

the party was elected by the people however.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement