Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISIS people returning thread - no Lisa Smith talk (21/12/19)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

What the fúck are you at Leo “ I am the European Union “ Varadkar.

Talk about storing up a shít load of trouble for the future. I can image all the woke liberals chanting “ISIS terrorists welcome here” at Dublin airport. Although they would change “terrorists” to “fighters”

They will probably want to bring in their Yazidi sex slave wife’s. CÚNTS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

Have these people broken any Irish laws?

I'm not asking that as a way to defend them, **** them, they made their bed now let them lie in it, I'm just curious if there is anything that they could be charged with if or when they land back in Ireland.

There's a guy in Switzerland who has just been prosecuted for fighting against ISIS, he violated Swiss neutrality laws.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,278 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

mgn wrote: »
    https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/islamic-terror-suspects-will-be-allowed-home-varadkar-37855110.html

I think the sooner a election is called the better and get rid of that clown we have for a so called leader before he destroys the country.

FG are still polling ok-ish
    https://www.redcresearch.ie/fine-gael-hang-on-to-support-but-will-the-public-give-them-a-wake-up-call-at-the-local-european-elections/
    Kinda shocked tbh given the nurses strike and Simon Harris disaster.

elefant wrote: »
    I'd be a bit concerned about the precedent of revoking someone's citizenship without any due process.

In this case it might be clear cut that everyone would prefer they don't come back, but I'd like the security of Irish citizenship to go beyond the government not thinking your undesirable, for whatever reason.

I don't know what the solution is for these kind of cases though.

**** them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

statesaver wrote: »
    What the fúck are you at Leo “ I am the European Union “ Varadkar.

Talk about storing up a shít load of trouble for the future. I can image all the woke liberals chanting “ISIS terrorists welcome here” at Dublin airport. Although they would change “terrorists” to “fighters”

They will probably want to bring in their Yazidi sex slave wife’s. CÚNTS.

This is the stupidity the left brings when in power.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭elefant

**** them.

Well, yes. But what if the next person to get ****ed isn't doing something everyone abhors? Who decides if they get stripped of their citizenship?

Nobody is sympathising with ISIS here, not even Leo Varadkar, regardless of what the fury on this thread might have you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,745 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

gmisk wrote: »
    FG are still polling ok-ish
    https://www.redcresearch.ie/fine-gael-hang-on-to-support-but-will-the-public-give-them-a-wake-up-call-at-the-local-european-elections/
    Kinda shocked tbh given the nurses strike and Simon Harris disaster.

Martin has no intention of forcing an election. Apart from the poll numbers, he is talking honestly IMO when he refers to Brexit as massive ongoing threat.

Our politicians are lots of things, but nothing like the feckless clowns they have over.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Hopefully as part of agreeing to his return, he has given information on how and who radicalised him to Gardaí. Other European police forces may like to have a “chat” with him. Americans too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

amcalester wrote: »

I'm not asking that as a way to defend them, **** them, they made their bed now let them lie in it, I'm just curious if there is anything that they could be charged with if or when they land back in Ireland.

There's a guy in Switzerland who has just been prosecuted for fighting against ISIS, he violated Swiss neutrality laws.

Yes, they have broken Irish and EU Laws. ISIS is a prescribed terror group. Membership alone or helping to facilitate them is enough for arrest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Giveaway

Membership of ISIS which seeks to subjugate all non-believers is treason. ISIS declared war on us and eplicitly named Ireland as one of the non believing nations. If they come back military prison as pow until militant islam is completely defeated and theb try em for the crimes they committed under military law

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Giveaway wrote: »
    What leverage do the mosques have over Varadkar? If any?

I always believed that the Saudi's had dirt on Angela Merkel. Then one day I was in Berlin and doing a bus tour. They announced her CDU church to the right. What was literally next door? The Saudi Embassy :pac:

Somebody has dirt on Varadkar. Remember, this guy lives in an non secured apartment block. A few Garda outside but that's the lot. Very easy to access for a serious intelligence agency like the Saudi's or the Turks.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭wellwhynot

Our judicial system is a joke. There is absolutely no chance these men will do a good stretch in prison or be extradited anywhere. The courts will view them as victims who were groomed. A short time later an interview with Ryan Tubridy will follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,517 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Surly if they are dual nationality we can revoke on their Irish status.

If they do it hold dual nationality then we cannot make them stateless.

Leo is far too quick to appease everyone so he can post it on social media. I expect he will eventually sell us out over Brexit too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

declan2693 wrote: »
    YEAH!
    /Shakes fist at that damned leftist liberal conservatism of Fine Gael

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

Sonics2k wrote: »
    If they're born here, they're entitled to Irish citizenship, and are therefore Irish.

I say we let them come home, then arrest them, then extradite them off to some country that will prosecute and hopefully execute them.

'Extradite them' :rolleyes: We're really good at doing that :rolleyes:
    Meanwhile barristers and solicitors make an absolute fortune off of each case , all paid for by the Irish taxpayers.

Don't let them back and the only sad people are in the Legal Industry and NGO quangoes. Win win

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭rgodard80a

If they're born here, they're entitled to Irish citizenship, and are therefore Irish.

No, they're not.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twenty-seventh_Amendment_of_the_Constitution_of_Ireland

We had a referendum to make citizenship conditional on their parents status too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭conorhal

mgn wrote: »
    Its time to call an election and rid of that f~cking clown we have as a so called leader.The man is starting to be an embarrassment to country.

And replace the whitless gobdaw who? There's not one single party in the dail that doesn't back this kind of reduction of the concept of citizenship to mean nothing more then a PPS number.

webmaster@taoiseach.gov.ie Why not voice your displeasure to the Dept of the Taoiseach and suggest that whichever quango from Amnasty to the Immigrant Counsel of Ireland that are wittering in his ear do dont represent the will of the people.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,161 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

_Brian wrote: »
    Surly if they are dual nationality we can revoke on their Irish status.

If they do it hold dual nationality then we cannot make them stateless.

Leo is far too quick to appease everyone so he can post it on social media. I expect he will eventually sell us out over Brexit too.

Because of something they did in another country?

has anyone here called for the citizenship of all IRA members to be revoked yet?

I'm of the same opinion here I was in the other thread. If he's committed a crime he can be tried for, arrest him and charge him. If he's a danger, keep him under surveillance. If it's neither than he should just be allowed back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭moceri

wellwhynot wrote: »
    Most were not born here. Alexandr mentioned in the article was born in Bangladesh. He moved here as an adult. .

Alexandr Ruzmatovich Bekmirzaev is a 45-year-old naturalised Irish citizen, was born in Belarus, though his surname is central Asian in origin, possibly Uzbekistani.

amcalester wrote: »

This guy is 45 years old and is from Belarus. He acquired Irish citizenship in the early 2000s and has been away fighting for ISIS since 2013. So that makes him a resident citizen for a maximum of 10 years (it could be less).

That’s taking the piss.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭tretorn

Put him on a plane to Belarus and never allow him to have a pasdport or driving licence again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

Grayson wrote: »

I'm of the same opinion here I was in the other thread. If he's committed a crime he can be tried for, arrest him and charge him. If he's a danger, keep him under surveillance. If it's neither than he should just be allowed back in.

And the costs involved in your options above don't come into your thinking?
    Legal fees, Gardai resources, housing/welfare etc

A report from The Herald in January
    An alleged Islamic State (IS) fighter arrested in Syria two weeks ago fraudulently gained Irish citizenship by marrying a British woman in a €3,000 sham marriage.

The 36-year-old ex-wife of Alexandr Ruzmatovich Bekmirzaev confessed that her nine-year marriage to the Bela- rusian was a complete sham, describing it as "a very stupid, childish thing I did".

The woman married Bekmirzaev in 2001 when she was a 17-year-old waitress living in Dublin away from her family.

"He gave me €3,000, but I literally believed I was stopping someone from being sent back to a country where they would be killed," she said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭VeryTerry

declan2693 wrote: »

Fine Gael are centre right so you can't blame the left for this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Threads merged.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

I say we let them come home, then arrest them, then extradite them off to some country that will prosecute and hopefully execute them.

What country do we have an extradition agreement with that will take these guys?

Also, I'm not sure the justice system here would allow for them to be executed. Capital punishment is outlawed within the EU, I know we have an extradition agreement with the US but does that include capital crimes?

EDIT: https://rm.coe.int/1680064587

"Article 11 – Capital punishment
    If the offence for which extradition is requested is punishable by death under the law of the
    requesting Party, and if in respect of such offence the death-penalty is not provided for by the
    law of the requested Party or is not normally carried out, extradition may be refused unless
    the requesting Party gives such assurance as the requested Party considers sufficient that the
    death-penalty will not be carried out."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Giveaway

Why the merge? The ISis heads trying to get to the uk are a different issue. Is this an attempt to reduce attention to an important issue for ireland by gettinf it swamped over in another thread?

Giveaway wrote: »
    Why the merge? The ISis heads trying to get to the uk are a different issue. Is this an attempt to reduce attention to an important issue for ireland by gettinf it swamped over in another thread?

It's ISIS heads either way, not a different issue in the slightest.

Conspiracy theory forum is that way if you think I'm trying to reduce attention. Simply, AH isn't Islam this Islam that.

PM me if you want to discuss further.

Perhaps the thread title could be changed then?

• Advertisement

Done, whether it makes sense...:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement