Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minister for Health Simon Harris and family trapped in home by protesters.

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Dakotabigone

Rennaws wrote: »
    Would leave you wondering why we need a minister at all..

No responsibility and no accountability despite a salary that should command both..

What is his take home pay?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭appledrop

I've no time for Simon Harris but that protest was a disgrace. His poor wife. Do they not remember what it's like to have a 3 week old baby:eek: I doubt he has even been home much with all the problems in health dept at the moment. So she must be going through a nightmare of a time.

If you want to protest fair enough go on a march or outside the Dail but leave the family home out of it.

all the private sector genius evident in this thread, ive a mighty idea that one of ye should get all entrepreneurial with: a company making barstools for all the experts on boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 26,249 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Amirani wrote: »
    You are aware the healthcare budget has pretty much doubled over the past 10 years right? How much bigger do you think it should before it's not acceptable to get a group together to protest outside a family home? :rolleyes:

You haven't a notion about healthcare economics.

Doubled?

No, it hasn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Every Minister for Health ends up in Angola. They have all been disasters because they have to sort out the Unions and so on.

The only Minister for Health that had any tiny success was Mary Harney. She brought in the centres of excellence for cancer treatment and tidied a few local things up.

Other than that there is no Health Minister who survived tenure, Varadker included.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,249 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Clerical workers on about 30k doubt they making big decisions !

I doubt he means the grade...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Clerical workers on about 30k doubt they making big decisions !

Try 24k starting

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭TCM

It’s ended now. Disgraceful behavior, especially where a newborn baby is involved.

Did the baby know there was a protest?

Who would want to become a politician nowadays?

There's no shortage of people wanting to be politicians.

spurious wrote:
    More of the scumbaggery that surrounded Joan Burton in her car.

No she was in the car.

• Advertisement

Any links or anything yet that it actually happened?

Nothing actually happened.

_Brian wrote:
    The thuggery that surrounded that “protest†is never acceptable. Buncholf out of control knackers.

Are you referring to Burton as a "knacker" Wouldn't go that far, but close enough.

Those scumbags should all be identified and jailed. I think Simon Harris as Minister For Health is out of his depth and should resign,but targeting his private life is evil.

Those scumbags should all be identified and jailed. I think Simon Harris as Minister For Health is out of his depth and should resign,but targeting his private life is evil.

Could you elaborate and let us all know why they should be jailed?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,511 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Blaming the current Health Minister for the issues in our health service is like blaming a builder trying to fix subsidence in a house built forty years ago.

If there are people who need to be laid off, please give specifics of where they are - what functions/grades need to go.

No fear of any facts being presented in that regard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

TCM wrote: »
    Are you referring to Burton as a "knacker" Wouldn't go that far, but close enough.
    Take the blinkers off, you wouldn't find that acceptable if it happened to someone you didn't have an irrational hatred of.

Ditto a bunch of strangers rocking up to their private residence and trespassing there.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭copperhead

Haughey had the right idea, buy an island

We can also agree that it shouldn't have happened where it did, but trying to over inflate what took place is more of the same hyperbolic nonsense that went with the lies and false charges that surrounded the Murphy/Burton case.

In that case 4 Gardai gave similar evidence which would had convicted the defendants, except and thankfully garda helicopter video evidence contradicted the 4 of them. Who were the real scumbags I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

The Gardai arrived and effectively couldn't do anything (second video here)

https://www.joe.ie/news/protest-group-shares-photos-videos-outside-simon-harris-home-657944

appledrop wrote: »
    . His poor wife. Do they not remember what it's like to have a 3 week old
    and she has Simon to mind as well. I doubt he even noticed, probably up in his room downloading music from Limewire on an old HSE computer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

Is Liam Woods (current national director of the HSE) the son of Michael Woods?
    I think Harris has been passed a poison chalice, and correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't our current unelected taoiseach presided over all these cock-ups as health minister?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,260 ✭✭✭greasepalm

It could have got worse if they got into house to evict them,luckily it was a peacefull one with banners and not a riot.Questions might go through his head now has he done the wrong thing as to the public now coming to his home?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Same sex marriage, the 8th repealed, country no longer in recession, social welfare increase (and exploited by freeloaders unfortunately) - all under FG. Don't be taken in by brainless populists.

Same sex marriage was a Labour policy.....but hey you're not a brain washed party hack. ;-) I could answer the rest of your comment but why bother. Will you be playing Vicar Street soon?

Same sex marriage was a Labour policy.....but hey you're not a brain washed party hack. ;-) I could answer the rest of your comment but why bother
    Why not? What's stopping you?

It's worth bearing in mind that those who don't have the black and white outlook that FG are totally terrible aren't automatically brainwashed hacks. That's not a good way of arguing. It's like on the consumer issues forum or a Talk To forum when someone comes along and gives an alternative point of view to "The company are the devil, end of" when there are immediate cries of "Oh they must work for the company". Some people see more nuance to things - it doesn't mean they are brainwashed, a shill etc. It just means they see the bigger picture.

I don't think FG are absolutely brilliant - for most of my voting life I wouldn't have gone near them with a barge-pole. But given the disaster they inherited caused by the previous crowd of crooks, I think they have managed some things pretty well. It's lazy to have the "They're politicians so they're therefore all wrongdoers" outlook.

Is Liam Woods (current national director of the HSE) the son of Michael Woods?
    I think Harris has been passed a poison chalice, and correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't our current unelected taoiseach presided over all these cock-ups as health minister?
    Harris knew there was a serious overspend on the National Children's Hospital and didn't even appear to ask the obvious question, "How Much?", he just set up a review that took months to report. Didn't tell the Minister for Public Expenditure either, or the Taoiseach.

He's presiding over the biggest capital investment ever made by any Government, and its already a shambles before one block has been placed on top of another.

This waste of money is, and will, be taken away from other badly-needed interventions to save people's lives and provide people with a quality of life. I'm frankly amazed that Harris is still viewed by some as some quirky, if slightly inept, political darling.

FG have done loads of great things.

First of all note the above.
    I just responded to your claim about FG and the same sex marriage referendum. You haven't even the decency to acknowledge it was Labour's ( an even bigger bunch of clowns than FG) baby FG backed it when they saw how the wind was blowing. Repeal the 8th was a citizen lead vote again FG only reacted. Not even going to bother with the rest of your biased bs, hope you don't mind.

I should acknowledge your point but you won't even bother to respond to my points - how does that work? It's not bs either. Something that you don't like or don't agree with isn't always bs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

He should just do the decent thing and resign

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

Harris knew there was a serious overspend on the National Children's Hospital and didn't even appear to ask the obvious question, "How Much?", he just set up a review that took months to report. Didn't tell the Minister for Public Expenditure either, or the Taoiseach.

He's presiding over the biggest capital investment ever made by any Government, and its already a shambles before one block has been placed on top of another.

This waste of money is, and will, be taken away from other badly-needed interventions to save people's lives and provide people with a quality of life. I'm frankly amazed that Harris is still viewed by some as some quirky, if slightly inept, political darling.

And Leo? Seems a throat needs cutting, but that's politics ��

• Advertisement

Why not? What's stopping you?

I responded to your piece of comedy.

Advertisement