Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is the worst serial killer

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Vasily Blokhin , oversaw the Katyn Forest massacre .
    Thought to have personally executed 7000 Polish men in 28 days .
    All executions were at night over 10 hour shifts with an execution from start to finish taking an average of three minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

In US cases, makes me agree with the death penalty (I keep veering between for and against but no ambiguity in those situations).

I’m anti-capital punishment but yet when I heard someone present at Ted Bundy’s execution say that they saw true fear in his eye’s at the moment of reckoning, I thought “Yes!”.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

The Golden State Killer, Joseph James DeAngelo. Suspected to have killed 13 and raped 50. The details of his conquests are particularly cold. Things like stalking them before hand, hang up calls, breaking in and cutting the phone lines, and constantly calling his victims (the ones he didn’t kill) after his crime to torture them.
    He’d mostly target women and teens who were home alone, but if a man happened to be there he would enter their bedroom, make him turn around in the bed, tie him up and place dishes on his back so he’d know if he moved, all while raping his missus in the next room, over and over.
    He was only caught last year and he was an ex police officer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

1874 wrote: »
    probably someone not yet or ever caught,

That would make them one of the best. The worst ones are the ones who get themselves caught. Amateurs, the lot of them.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I recall reading somewhere that around 80% of the known serial killers in the last hundred years have been American. If true, probably more down to detection and capture and media exposure. Russia/the former Soviet Union seems to be a hotspot too. Both large countries, with a larger population, good transport infrastructure, lots of wilderness and a sub population of people travelling around and a load of large cities so strangers don't stand out. Ideal for serial killers I'd imagine.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement

mcgucc22 wrote: »
    Larry Murphy

Too late baby, I said that on page 2

Did they kill more than one person?

I could be wrong but wasn't Graham Dwyer mentioned as a suspect in the Raonaid Murray case?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,804 ✭✭✭take everything

The missus was worse! You'd need to bleach your brain and your soul after reading their Wikipedia page.

Ángel Maturino Reséndiz, aka The Railway Killer, was pretty terrifying. I usually find serial killer stuff pretty fascinating but I'd to stop listening to a podcast about him. One of those guys on a "divine mission" to rape and bludgeon people to death.

Reading about the Wests and stuff like the Moors murders always leaves me despairing.

The mix of brutality, callousness, sexual depravity (by both male and female perpetrators) and the concept of them creating bigger and more powerful than just themselves alone against innocents (like their own daughters for example) always fills me with despair.

True evil. And as banal as you like (Fred being a bit of "a character" etc).
    Although in these stories, there's always a history of people looking the other way and letting it go on as well.

Fritzl. The Wests. Saville. They all had previous and were dodgy as **** but people ignored it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

smurf492 wrote: »
    Richard Ramirez- The Night Stalker... Evil personified

Good god, just read the wiki, it's disturbing... What's even more disturbing is this...

"By the time of the trial, Ramirez had fans who were writing him letters and paying him visits.[103] Beginning in 1985, Doreen Lioy[104] wrote him nearly 75 letters during his incarceration. In 1988, he proposed to her, and on October 3, 1996, they were married"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Trump Is Right

Everything about Dahmer was depraved.

And yet, in his prison interviews he seemed very sane and even a somewhat likable person... his own father still seemed to like him. And his father didn't strike me as some kind of sick evil person either...

His crimes certainly were some of the most horrible in history though...

That's what possibly makes him one of the scariest ever, because his victims probably never suspected him to be a dangerous person until their last moments. Maybe he just had a switch from nice guy to lunatic...??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Dublinandy2

Whichever ones never get caught or detected.

Whichever ones never get caught or detected.

Zodiac killer springs to mind

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭Sin City

Gilles de Rais and Elizabeth Bathory were truely monsters of their times

Nobleman and Royalty getting away with child torture and killings until they both got their comeuppance

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gilles_de_Rais

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elizabeth_B%C3%A1thory

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 282 ✭✭Anthonylfc

Onoprienko the russian terminator

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Trump Is Right

Wibbs wrote: »
    I recall reading somewhere that around 80% of the known serial killers in the last hundred years have been American. If true, probably more down to detection and capture and media exposure. Russia/the former Soviet Union seems to be a hotspot too. Both large countries, with a larger population, good transport infrastructure, lots of wilderness and a sub population of people travelling around and a load of large cities so strangers don't stand out. Ideal for serial killers I'd imagine.

Sounds like you've planned this out pretty much to perfection... apart from the whole advertising it on the internet part! ;)

That picture in your avatar... that's not Fr. Jack... that's actually a picture of you, isn't it!? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,804 ✭✭✭take everything

Anthonylfc wrote: »
    Onoprienko the russian terminator

I'm convinced that if the media and people gave them pathetic names and looked down on them there'd be less of them.

I can easily imagine monikers like "Russian terminator" would make any fool with an urge he can't keep under check and an ability to not get caught to go out and do a bit of serial killing.

People really are dumb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

The Yorkshire Ripper was pretty disturbed. He's in Broadmoor now, which is disturbingly close to where I was living in Reading and where my missus still lives, she went for a walk past Broadmoor one day :eek:

Dennis Nilsen, the calm way he talked about his murders afterwards makes me think that serial Killers seem to lack that part of the brain that differentiates right from wrong

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dennis_Nilsen

• Registered Users Posts: 37,715 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Chikatilo was the worst of all imo. He killed all types and ate nipple and tongues and had a fascination with the uterus too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Daniel Kinahan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Andrei Chikatilo

Convicted of murdering 52 children and young women. At his trial the evidence was so graphic several of the victims relatives fainted.

Executed by gunshot in 1994

andrei-chikatilo-3.jpg?w=700&h=430&crop=1
    I had never heard of him. Just looked him up on Wikipedia. Jesus he was one sick sadist :eek:

eagle eye wrote: »
    Chikatilo was the worst of all imo. He killed all types and ate nipple and tongues and had a fascination with the uterus too.
    He was physically weak so targeted woman and children. One of the male teenagers put up a good fight but only succeeded in biting and breaking his finger. The bite was one of the things that acted against him when arrested. It's says on wikipedia that he emasculated his male victims, which I presume means he cut off their penis? He couldn't get an erection himself so was getting his jollies by torturing those weaker than him. He'd never had attempted to kill a man. Even cowards know their limits.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Eamonn8448

religion by far the worse serial killer of all time

Wibbs wrote: »
    China is also massive with a large population. They must have loads but they aren't known to be media friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    He was physically weak so targeted woman and children. One of the male teenagers put up a good fight but only succeeded in biting and breaking his finger. The bite was one of the things that acted against him when arrested. It's says on wikipedia that he emasculated his male victims, which I presume means he cut off their penis? He couldn't get an erection himself so was getting his jollies by torturing those weaker than him. He'd never had attempted to kill a man. Even cowards know their limits.

A bite mark was crucial to Bundy being convicted too. He bit one of his victims on the bum quite deeply and a forensic dentist was able to prove that that bite pattern matched Bundy’s teeth.

People always refer to Bundy as handsome. Much like I say Obama was handsome for a politician but in reality was fairly average-looking, so too I think Bundy was merely handsome as serial killers go. But I think how he looked worked with his strategy. He often posed as law enforcement workers or feigned injury so that he could ask young women to help him bring stuff to his car. He was normal-looking and a bit above averagely good-looking whereas most serial killers seem to look a bit haunted and/or unkempt. He looked like your neighbour or uncle. And he exploited this to gain trust. Creepy fücko.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭Sin City

100% yes
    The guy is pure evil

Though was he convicted of murder
    I do remember hearing he killed kids live streaming on the dark web but did he actually do it?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Heckler wrote: »
    Denis Radar AKA BTK (bind, torture, kill) is a frightening man. Just watch the court videos. An absolute lunatic who could be your next door neighbour.

But a family, church man who gave himself away with his arrogance.

The original night stalker/east area rapist is a scary, scary man. Thank **** they caught him.

Don't think it was arrogance. He was caught because he's an idiot. He asked the cops if they'd be able to trace him, if he corresponded on a floppy disk. They told him no, so he sent one, and they found documents referring to his church and after a very small investigation there, identified him.

His daughter just recently released a book.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,464 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Suzanne Basso comes to mind. Beat and tortured her mentally disabled husband to death over five days for his life insurance. Particularly disturbing is the number of people involved in the torture (neighbours etc..)

https://www.thoughtco.com/the-crimes-of-suzanne-basso-971328

Advertisement