Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is the worst serial killer

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

related well kinda...its a story that stuck with me and shows just how creepy they are.

there is a tv series that is based (sort of) on the FBI investigator(s) who kinda began the whole searching programme across the US in the 1970's. i think this fbi guy had huge input into the first software system to try and track killers. so all the memes you heard from hollywood originated from this programme in some fashion. So the famous 'guys' who 'got into the heads' of killers and 'become them' to track them...all came from this programme and i might add, as per everything from hollywood, are total BS.
    Anyways in the book (now this is from memory) he was interviewing all the killers caught. at the time it was believed that they could find 'the one thing' they all do,or the one thing that happened so they could identify them (again the whole Hollywood thing of all serial killers were abused (not true), they are white (not true), only happens in US (definitely not true) etc.

As part of the interviewing he met with a huge guy who used to behead women and stick the head on a pole or something horrible like that.

anyways, the fbi dude is interviewing him over a couple of weeks and seems to be getting on okay with him (well as much as one could).

while in the jail cell chatting, the fbi guys says that this killers eyes glassed over and in a kinda whisper says

killer:i wonder what the guard would think if i twisted your head off and had it on the table when he walks by?
    fbi guy: well im armed
    killer: no you are not, i have been watching you over the last weeks and you have to turn your gun in on entering the cells
    fbi guy(getting worried now) : well the guard would stop it
    killer: i have been timing the guard, he take about 2 minutes to walk by the cell, thats more than enough time.....

just then, the guard (luck, God, the Universe) stops outside and says 'everything alright?'

fbi guy (obviously relieved and no doubt needing a change of underwear): er...no...not really...

then the killer leans over the desk and with a smile on his face says

'just kidding'

the protocols for prisoner interviews was changed afterwards to ensure 2 people had to be in a cell...personally i would have demanded an Abrams tank but thats just me..

now thats from memory from the book i read by the fbi guy years ago...so dont hold me to the exact accuracy...but i do remember getting a cold shiver down my spine and thanking God that some people are willing to perform a job like that....no way i would...

interestingly a few years back, (i think it was the same fbi guy) changed all the baseline info (its a first world problem, tortures animals as a kid blah blah blah) and said its a numbers game...he said for every (i think) 3 million people or so, you get ONE.... so he was suggesting it is a maths issue now...so in Ireland...we would have 1 very possibly...2..out there...makes you think, dont it?

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

Was watching an episode of Forensic Files about Oba Chandler last night, he was pretty nasty. Took a mother and her two teenage daughters out on a boat, raped them in front of each other, and then tied each of them to a concrete block and threw them overboard, one by one, as the others looked on. Didn't even blindfold them. There was water in their lungs, so they were all alive going over. Sick f*ck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

Was watching an episode of Forensic Files about Oba Chandler last night, he was pretty nasty. Took a mother and her two teenage daughters out on a boat, raped them in front of each other, and then tied each of them to a concrete block and threw them overboard, one by one, as the others looked on. Didn't even blindfold them. There was water in their lungs, so they were all alive going over. Sick f*ck.

That's one of the worst I've heard :(
    If there is a hell I hope he suffers indefinitely.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

related well kinda...its a story that stuck with me and shows just how creepy they are.

there is a tv series that is based (sort of) on the FBI investigator(s) who kinda began the whole searching programme across the US in the 1970's. i think this fbi guy had huge input into the first software system to try and track killers. so all the memes you heard from hollywood originated from this programme in some fashion. So the famous 'guys' who 'got into the heads' of killers and 'become them' to track them...all came from this programme and i might add, as per everything from hollywood, are total BS.
    Anyways in the book (now this is from memory) he was interviewing all the killers caught. at the time it was believed that they could find 'the one thing' they all do,or the one thing that happened so they could identify them (again the whole Hollywood thing of all serial killers were abused (not true), they are white (not true), only happens in US (definitely not true) etc.

As part of the interviewing he met with a huge guy who used to behead women and stick the head on a pole or something horrible like that.

anyways, the fbi dude is interviewing him over a couple of weeks and seems to be getting on okay with him (well as much as one could).

while in the jail cell chatting, the fbi guys says that this killers eyes glassed over and in a kinda whisper says

killer:i wonder what the guard would think if i twisted your head off and had it on the table when he walks by?
    fbi guy: well im armed
    killer: no you are not, i have been watching you over the last weeks and you have to turn your gun in on entering the cells
    fbi guy(getting worried now) : well the guard would stop it
    killer: i have been timing the guard, he take about 2 minutes to walk by the cell, thats more than enough time.....

just then, the guard (luck, God, the Universe) stops outside and says 'everything alright?'

fbi guy (obviously relieved and no doubt needing a change of underwear): er...no...not really...

then the killer leans over the desk and with a smile on his face says

'just kidding'

the protocols for prisoner interviews was changed afterwards to ensure 2 people had to be in a cell...personally i would have demanded an Abrams tank but thats just me..

now thats from memory from the book i read by the fbi guy years ago...so dont hold me to the exact accuracy...but i do remember getting a cold shiver down my spine and thanking God that some people are willing to perform a job like that....no way i would...

interestingly a few years back, (i think it was the same fbi guy) changed all the baseline info (its a first world problem, tortures animals as a kid blah blah blah) and said its a numbers game...he said for every (i think) 3 million people or so, you get ONE.... so he was suggesting it is a maths issue now...so in Ireland...we would have 1 very possibly...2..out there...makes you think, dont it?

:eek:
    That sounds like a good show.
    Initiailly I thought you were talking about Mindhunter on netflix (which is brilliant).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    "care in the community" is driven by liberal ideology and nothing else, it's got nothing to do with economics and many medical professionals themselves oppose it but it gives a priceless smug sense of righteousness to the PC brigade who view the denial of freedom to someone deeply deranged as a worse outrage than the killing of an innocent and a few times each year, someone is killed by these unwell people, usually a close relative, rte of course have completely created a narative that placing anyone in an institution is an unconditional wrong, they gave a large platform to that idiot Mary raferty for years to spout ideology on the subject

Some people cannot manage in the free world and it's cruel to think that these unfortunate people's immediate family have the skills to deal with them.

Is it liberal ideology behind it? Or just a desire of the government to reduce current expenditure (while creating a social time bomb)?

I agre that "care in the community" is a cod. A pychiatrist I know thinks it's a big mistake and from what he says it seems most of the rest agree.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

How dumb do you have to be to think that the English Tories are liberals?

"care in the community" is driven by liberal ideology and nothing else, it's got nothing to do with economics and many medical professionals themselves oppose it but it gives a priceless smug sense of righteousness to the PC brigade who view the denial of freedom to someone deeply deranged as a worse outrage than the killing of an innocent and a few times each year, someone is killed by these unwell people, usually a close relative, rte of course have completely created a narative that placing anyone in an institution is an unconditional wrong, they gave a large platform to that idiot Mary raferty for years to spout ideology on the subject

Some people cannot manage in the free world and it's cruel to think that these unfortunate people's immediate family have the skills to deal with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

CrankyHaus wrote: »
    Is it liberal ideology behind it? Or just a desire of the government to reduce current expenditure (while creating a social time bomb)?

I agre that "care in the community" is a cod. A pychiatrist I know thinks it's a big mistake and from what he says it seems most of the rest agree.

Keeping people in prison is more expensive than in psychiatric units, many people who fifty years ago were in mental hospitals, end up in jail today

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

How dumb do you have to be to think that the English Tories are liberals?

What are you blathering on about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Liam Neeson has to be a contender. Went out to kill random black men, and didnt get any. Nothing. Complete failure. You can get much worse than that.

I sort of agree with you, but let's not forget that liberal ideology applies as much to economics as it does to one's social outlook.

I assume you are referring here to classic liberalism, as I'm what might be disparagingly described as a 'snowflake' liberal, and I think we've made a tremendous mistake with regard to how we care for people suffering from debilitating mental illness. There should be far greater infrastructure, including residential infrastructure, because the community is just not equipped with the relevant skills to rehabilitate most of these individuals.

There's a wonderful facility near where I live, a community of people with Down's Syndrome, who work and interact in the community by day, and at night they go home to their home, a care facility, where they are looked after by professionals, in accordance with their needs. I would love to see us take that approach with people suffering from severe mental illness like schizophrenia and other major disorders which impede one's ability to live independently.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Field Marshal Douglas Haig

What are you blathering on about?
    The English Tories came up with care in the community. Did you not know that.

I'm actually sure you didn't. I am literally laughing at you here but then I weep to think that you have a vote.

Treveleyan.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

As part of the interviewing he met with a huge guy who used to behead women and stick the head on a pole or something horrible like that.:

Ed Kemper

• Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭chicorytip

If Brendan O Donnell had received the treatment he needed thing might have been different, and he was eventually shut away and died mysteriously, but that's another story.

There was no mystery surrounding his death. He died of natural causes (heart failure). I don't believe he was seriously mentally ill. The devious and calculated nature of his crimes and his subsequent claims of innocence are indicative of an evil minded but not insane individual.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,298 ✭✭✭✭branie2

When he was a kid, he claimed to see a fox, but it wasn't there. Obviously an hallucination, and indication of mental illness.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭SnazzyPig

As instituted by the Thatcher administration it was more 'laissez faire' than liberal-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Care_in_the_Community

chicorytip wrote: »
    There was no mystery surrounding his death. He died of natural causes (heart failure). I don't believe he was seriously mentally ill. The devious and calculated nature of his crimes and his subsequent claims of innocence are indicative of an evil minded but not insane individual.

Were you at the autopsy?

I've just been surfing wikipedia, and came across the name Michael Bambrick, which I'd not heard before.

Michael Bambrick is a Dublin man, and is not technically a serial killer, but this is what wikipedia says about him.
    In September 1991, cross-dressing sexual sadist Michael Bambrick suffocates his common-law wife Patricia McGauley following a bondage session. Over the following days, he dismembered her corpse and buried them in an illegal dump.

In July of the following year, he meets Mary Cummins in a bar and lures her back to his home. They engage in a bondage session; during which he strangles her with a pair of tights before cutting up her body and dumping it in a field. In 1995, following an arrest for an unrelated firearms offence, Bambrick finally caves and confesses to the two killings, and ultimately served 13 years for manslaughter, being released in 2009.

Anyone else heard of this guy? He's like a knock-off version of Graham Dwyer. Even if hadn't intended to kill his first victim, you'd think he'd have known better by the time it happened again.

13 years doesn't seem like a very long time for the killing of two women, and the dismembering of their bodies.

Here are two articles on him for further information, one from 1996, the other from 2009
    https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/neighbours-convinced-weird-man-was-killer-1.71304
    https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/notorious-double-sex-killer-michael-11999244

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭1874

Never even heard of that? I guess even with the news as it was, it was possible for things to not be as prevalent then as now?
    I was doing specific things with work at those times in those years so I was probably out of the loop regarding reading the news. From 91 I mostly (from the news papers) recal reading about the Breakup of Yugoslavia as I was doing something related to work and when I was available after the week, Yugoslavia had started breaking up. Its kind of frightening that I didnt even know or hear about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Myra Hindley

1874 wrote: »
    Never even heard of that? I guess even with the news as it was, it was possible for things to not be as prevalent then as now?
    I was doing specific things with work at those times in those years so I was probably out of the loop regarding reading the news. From 91 I mostly (from the news papers) recal reading about the Breakup of Yugoslavia as I was doing something related to work and when I was available after the week, Yugoslavia had started breaking up. Its kind of frightening that I didnt even know or hear about it.
    I was only 9 or 10 when he was convicted so I guess I wasn't interested in the News yet, but I'm surprised I hadn't heard of it since.

It's interesting - if it happened today, we'd probably be conflating such events with the dangers of online dating.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,349 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

branie2 wrote: »
    Brendan O'Donnell. He was a man you wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of.

That's for sure, he has relatives here where I live and he was around the same age as myself so was in the area a good bit, even before the murders we all knew not to cross him.

Fr Joe used to be the priest in our parish.

more bowls per person in history..tony the tiger cereal killer extraordinaire...

That's for sure, he has relatives here where I live and he was around the same age as myself so was in the area a good bit, even before the murders we all knew not to cross him.
    Was he mad or just wicked and dangerous?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

The name of the worst serial killer in history will never be known.
    Because if he never managed to claim a single victim despite years of trying, how would we?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Whehey!

Andrei Chikatilo

Convicted of murdering 52 children and young women. At his trial the evidence was so graphic several of the victims relatives fainted.

Executed by gunshot in 1994

andrei-chikatilo-3.jpg?w=700&h=430&crop=1

He actually looks scarily bonkers.
    Jesus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭con___manx1

Joachim Georg Kroll. He was a german serial killer who killed men women and children in the 70ths and 80ths. He was also a cannibal. When he was finally caught in his house he was cooking up a 5 year old girls hand on a frying pan. The cops were called because of a smell coming from his house. It was the childs guts that were blocking his drains. I watched a documentary about this guy recently. It was actually quite traumatizing. 3 people also killed them selves as a result of being accused or jailed for the murders kroll commited. They were all completely innoncent. He admitted to all the murders when he was captured.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Del2005 wrote: »
    Hitler, he was so good he got millions of others to do it for him.

Don't forget Uncle Joe and Maosie the Bowsie. I would call it a three-way tie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,298 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Robespierre, who had hundreds of people beheaded by the guillotine during the French Revolution

Advertisement