Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple MacBook Pro 2017 13 Inch i5 8GB 256GB Silver

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭iHungry

It's not an error it's the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭pajoemccracken

Hi. If anyone not using reservation could you please pm me the code.
    Need present for my son's 21st birthday and can't afford full price for MacBook.
    Thanks
    In Limerick but I will travel..

Still looking for a code if anyone has one spare or is not using it. Please PM me. Would be grateful.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Kevcol

My email tells me it's available from Tuesday onwards. I have a code. Should I wait until then or try to collect today?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Davexirl

Kevcol wrote: »
    My email tells me it's available from Tuesday onwards. I have a code. Should I wait until then or try to collect today?

They must be getting a delivery on Tuesday in that store. If anyone has a spare code, please send it my way.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭MJ434

Would love a spare code too seeing as the laptop gave up last week 😪

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭Sarn

If this works out, Adverts is likely to see a spike in MacBooks for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Can the code requests stop being posted? Filling this thread with ****e as no-one who got a reservation is going to miss this.

Fair play to those who were on the ball early.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Please send me one mate nearest to dublin thanks

Can you not just ring every store near Dublin and see if they have them? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TheUnderfaker

Sarn wrote: »
    If this works out, Adverts is likely to see a spike in MacBooks for sale.

I'd imagine other stores will follow as this price seems to be correct... It's probably risky buying them just to sell on!

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭sue97

I don't mind people asking for codes, I have received and given codes on this forum before as have lots of people have. With amazing offers like these, I would sometimes reserve and check if someone I know wants it. If not, I pm on the code.

On the offchance that this is going to drop in price in the UK in the next few days, I reserved one in Newry. Might be an idea for anyone who is anywhere near the border.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 93 ✭✭QuadaLumpins

Any chance any of the b&m stores would price match?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

About the same chance of the israelis and palestinians having a group hug.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Bought a MacBook Air last year in a similar deal on amazon but this is much better value well done to whoever manages to get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Tech Overhaul

Got a text message from Argos at 09:15 saying my MacBook was ready for collection in Carlow.

Got a phone call from Argos Carlow at 10:30 to tell me that it was a price error and that the actual price was 1799 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

If they were still in stock, probably. But they will probably tell you something along the lines of 'yes, we are aware of that, but they are not in stock.' It may be worth checking though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

That’s **** news, hopefully some of the others are luckier.

If that’s the correct price it’s cheaper pretty much everywhere else for the 2017 model and the 2018 model can be got in UK for that money.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,247 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Got a text message from Argos at 09:15 saying my MacBook was ready for collection in Carlow.

Got a phone call from Argos Carlow at 10:30 to tell me that it was a price error and that the actual price was 1799 :(

Don't know why it would be 1799.
    It's £949 in Argos UK without a deal on it.

Price still the same... How long would they normally take to fix a pricing error?

It depends. Sometimes within a few hours, sometimes a couple of days (seasoned bargain alerts/Argos thread hunters will know this!). As it was a Saturday morning when this popped up it’s unlikely there was anyone in head office to rectify this, but clearly the Carlow reference above indicates it was actually an error (as many stated, particularly with no reduction in the UK) and has been spotted and rectified.

Bad news for the majority but well done to anyone who got 1.

blade1 wrote: »
    Don't know why it would be 1799.
    It's £949 in Argos UK without a deal on it.

It’s £1449 actually. It was yesterday, and still is. It wasn’t reduced there. It was an error here.

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/6872005

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Wonder would you have gotten it if you had been near the store and collected at 915? I have a feeling staff/manager wouldnt have honoured it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭spyderski

Have you ANY idea of the margin on these things? at €1799 the retailer is making around €80-100 profit. How does anyone think they'll price match? Or for that matter that this is anything other than a pricing error?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

It's the hope that kills you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Tech Overhaul

phill106 wrote: »
    Wonder would you have gotten it if you had been near the store and collected at 915? I have a feeling staff/manager wouldnt have honoured it.

I thought the same when I got the text but when I checked the store times, it didn't open till 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,759 ✭✭✭cython

I thought the same when I got the text but when I checked the store times, it didn't open till 11.

If you were nearby anyway I'd still chance the self-service and see how you get on. A sneaky staff member could see this as a way to nab the bargain for themselves by fobbing off the reservation holder with the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

I was chatting to a guy who picked up 2 in store very early yesterday, in 2 different stores, price still hasn't been updated so it might be a stock clearance, or the web team don't work weekends!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

I would go and try self service as the price hasnt been updated on their systems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

spyderski wrote: »
    Have you ANY idea of the margin on these things? at €1799 the retailer is making around €80-100 profit. How does anyone think they'll price match? Or for that matter that this is anything other than a pricing error?

I remember seeing the margin on iPhones when I worked in retail and was shocked at how low it was for the company

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭Red Lightning

I've got a reservation number but have to travel an hour to get it. Should I ring beforehand to save a wasted trip if it's an error?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I've got a reservation number but have to travel an hour to get it. Should I ring beforehand to save a wasted trip if it's an error?

I wouldn't. Pay at the self service and see how it goes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 anniehilate

Personally I wouldn't ring or draw any attention to yourself, because it is almost definitely an error. Head straight for the self-service. It will be annoying to possibly spend a couple of hours and return with nothing but calling them is the most likely way to not get the laptop

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement