Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple MacBook Pro 2017 13 Inch i5 8GB 256GB Silver

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭evlgmaojr27ypu

Is this the same model?

Apple MacBook Pro (13" Retina, Touch Bar, 2.3GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD) - Space Grey (Latest Model) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07FL8RF64/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_BUetCbZG5Q070

Nope, it doesn't have the Touch Bar like the one in the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Mr.S wrote: »
    Reservations codes are issued because it's genuinely in stock to order, albeit at an incorrect price and then the rest just get the error message once there's none left.

If it's a pricing error, they'll notice and most likely just void any reservations that went through. Of course they could be nice about it and just honour it, but doubt-full.

If the price is correct, it's definitely the bargain of the year!

It's still showing at the price given here, and saying "half price" too.

I'm an hour away from Portlaoise, but I'll be at the kiosk at 9am Wednesday morning.

Worth a punt I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,844 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Showing as can't check stock in Sligo but went by this morning and store was closed due to "technical fault".. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,851 ✭✭✭893bet

Did anyone collect one on the stop?

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭donnyvegas

Got one reserved. Let's see what happens on Tuesday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Have tried about 7 shops but all the emails have been reservation number

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭patrickcost

donnyvegas wrote: »

What shop????

• Registered Users Posts: 31 anniehilate

donnyvegas wrote: »

which store did you manage to reserve from?

Lads I called them and they said it’s not an error and that they will be back in stock next Saturday. There out of stock everywhere apparently they said.

This was the shop in dundrum shopping center

Looks like it wasn’t a mistake then!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Negative_G

Lads I called them and they said it’s not an error and that they will be back in stock next Saturday. There out of stock everywhere apparently they said.

Theres always one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Wow. You might have just ruined it for all.

Its an obvious price error.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭donnyvegas

which store did you manage to reserve from?

Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 9,961 ✭✭✭dodzy

Total BS.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭bullmccabe2010

Nice one OP-just got mine reserved now after trying a few places that were out of stock.

dodzy wrote: »
    Total BS.

Call them up for your self then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭Red Lightning

I got a reservation number in an email but it says it can be collected from Monday. Is the only issue I have now if they will not honour the price?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

It's still showing at the price given here, and saying "half price" too.

I'm an hour away from Portlaoise, but I'll be at the kiosk at 9am Wednesday morning.

Worth a punt I think.

From the Argos site:

Please note that our prices change, sometimes on a daily basis. The price you pay is the price in store on the day you collect your items.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Can't see this being honoured but reserved one for the mid week letdown...

brianblaze wrote: »
    From the Argos site:

Please note that our prices change, sometimes on a daily basis. The price you pay is the price in store on the day you collect your items.

Thats always been the case.

But they honour reservation prices 99% of the times.

I would worry if it was a silly price. But 799 seems fine so the staff may give it to you if the head office doesnt ask them not to.

799 IS a silly price for this!

I know but the old 50/60 year old at their CS may not know that :)

• Advertisement

Pricing is controlled centrally, so if this is a price error, it will just be updated / cancelled. The cashier won’t decide either way.

Still worth a punt obviously, buts it’s definitely a price error.

I know but the point is if they will honour the reservation price in the email. They have done it for me every time with high value items. So unless their head office contacts all stores telling them of the error there is a good change of getting it. It will be treated like other price changes and they update it on the till for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 anniehilate

If anyone doesn't end up using their reservation code in the Dublin area, me and my ancient laptop would be very grateful to be able to put it to good use :o

Have now tried 15 stores, still no reservation number :/

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭sue97

would love a spare Dublin code if anyone has one. Good luck to those who got codes.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

KERSPLAT! wrote: »

Ashbourne?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

KERSPLAT! wrote: »

Same as. Got the email but no reservation number

Stheno wrote: »
    Ashbourne?

Have tried all of Dublin, Ashbourne, Navan, and a few others. Meh, I need a new laptop but I shouldn't really be dropping €800 right now, maybe it's a good thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,961 ✭✭✭dodzy

sue97 wrote: »
    would love a spare Dublin code if anyone has one. Good luck to those who got codes.

Didn't take long for the posse to arrive :rolleyes:

Along with those who didn't get a code claiming (dare I say jealously) that it wont be honoured, obvious pricing error, yada yada yada.

Just be happy for those that got the golden ticket. My money is on them getting the laptop @ 799.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 daedleusp

If anyone was lucky enough to get a reservation code but doesn't want or can't buy the laptop then I'd be happy to give them €50 to take the code off their hands! Would still end up saving a lot as I'm hoping to buy it as a gift for someone.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Jane_Dough wrote: »
    There's something not right about this.

I've tried to reserve it twice in two different locations where it's showing "stock available" and then after I enter my email and phone number and press "reserve", it then says "out of stock".

That means the system has been sorted and there’s actually none to reserve.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement