Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple MacBook Pro 2017 13 Inch i5 8GB 256GB Silver

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 daedleusp

Mr.S wrote: »
    Please do not do this. You have no idea if the price will be honoured.

You're probably right, and I do realise it's a huge risk. But the potential savings might be worth the goodwill gesture.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭judgefoozle

Picked up laptop...

Reserved it around 7am this morning for liffey Valley - there were very few places with it in actual stock.

Paid at the kiosk. Picked it up from collection point no hassle- it's great because it comes in a plain brown box. Walked out a happy camper.

Whether they honour the other reservations for later collection I don't know!

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

dan786 wrote: »
    Thats always been the case.

But they honour reservation prices 99% of the times.

I would worry if it was a silly price. But 799 seems fine so the staff may give it to you if the head office doesnt ask them not to.

The days of them honouring pricing errors are not what they used to be since Argos were taken over a few years back. They used to always honour the reserved price (even if it was an obvious error); but not so much nowadays - it really is up to the manager on the day.

That said, there's a far greater chance of getting that kettle or toaster for €30 honoured than a discount of €800 off a MBP.

This is pretty obviously an error as it hasn't been reduced in the UK stores.
    I would imagine there's been a deluge of reservations on these today, which someone will notice. That coupled with fact that "someone" rang them and asked them about it :rolleyes: would likely see this be at full price when it/if comes back in.

Hope someone got one at least!

:(

Picked up laptop...

Reserved it around 7am this morning for liffey Valley - there were very few places with it in actual stock.

Paid at the kiosk. Picked it up from collection point no hassle- it's great because it comes in a plain brown box. Walked out a happy camper.

Congrats! The early bird catches the worm MBP!

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭WoolyJumper

Yeah just tried to reserve in 3 different stores in Cork. Unfortunately got no reservation numbers or details with price etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Picked up laptop...

Oh I'm beginning to get very optimistic about Wed now.🤞

• Registered Users Posts: 8,560 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Picked up laptop...

Fair play. €1000 off the RRP. Madness! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Picked up laptop...

Come on tell us , many did you get in total?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

I manage to get 1 of the 3 sold on they Ebay Argos none left.

EDIT: Just wanted to update that doesn't mean I will get it, the email say. Once we have processed and accepted your order we will aim to dispatch it within 1 working day. We will also send tracking details to you and update the order status in eBay. Please check your emails and messages again soon.

Lads I called them and they said it’s not an error and that they will be back in stock next Saturday. There out of stock everywhere apparently they said.

This was the shop in dundrum shopping center

Looks like it wasn’t a mistake then!!!!!

Patrick,

It's pretty obvious it's an error and it's slipped through - esp. as it hasn't been reduced in the UK. Normally when an error like this happens you have a small window of a few hours (in some cases days) to reserve and collect ASAP before the error is spotted and amended. If you go back through the Argos thread you'll see countless examples of this. One example from last year was the Nikon DSLR Camera that a few people managed to get before the price was amended.

By notifying them, you've likely ruined it for everyone else. Not giving out - you clearly don't know how these things work - but maybe don't contact them if you spot an error like this again? If they're made aware of an error, they'll change it.

And again no disrespect but you spoke to someone in a shop, they're not controlling the pricepoint at National level and were basically (most likely) talking through their backside. At least you didn't ring head office I suppose.....

• Advertisement

nava wrote: »
    I manage to get 1 of the 3 sold on they Ebay Argos none left.

Never even thought of looking there. Damn it!

Oh I'm beginning to get very optimistic about Wed now.🤞

I'd be surprised Johnny but fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

I have a reservation for Galway for collection Wednesday, is it just as likely to be honoured at 5pm or the earlier in the day the better?

Reserved one in limerick but no reservation number in the email

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

OP here, I reserved one in Limerick, not available there until Tusday though.

MarkR wrote: »

Was there a number in your email? Mine doesn’t

I would say that anyone that got a reservation for a product actually in stock this morning in a store will get it honoured if they move fast and collect today.

As for these other reservations to collect next week.....I'd imagine there's little to no chance of these being honoured. I'm happy to be wrong on this, but I wouldn't get your hopes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Thats a shop selling them online to avoid sales tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭gl0Rob

MarkR wrote: »

Was there a number in your email? Mine doesn’t

I got a reservation number when I did it this morning (for Limerick).

Just tried again there and it come up as out of stock after going through the reservation process. I got an empty reservation email with no product details or reservation number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,560 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

dan786 wrote: »
    Thats a shop selling them online to avoid sales tax.

I see that now alright, just thought it was a bit of a coincidence that the ad was only a few hours old.

I am expecting to see a large number of these appearing in adverts and DD over the next few days if the price is honoured.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Tried reserving in Carlow and Kilkenny store but got the blank email sent out so looks like they've noticed it.

Anyone lucky enough to get one and intends on keeping it make sure you get Applecare for it, the 2017 (and even the 2018s for all we know so far) have the keyboard issue which is almost guaranteed to rear its head at some stage. I believe the repair cost outside of Applecare is over €600 so worth it for the peace of mind longer term to get applecare.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭Doodee

Tried to reserve one for my father earlier from GALWAY but he said there was no reservation number in the text or email, though it says to collect on Wednesday.

Pity as he was after a new Mac.

Mr.S wrote: »
    Interesting! Didn't realise they had it on the eBay shop.

It must be correctly priced then, but why :confused:

I’d say there might have been a small number/handful left that they were selling off to clear stock etc., but honestly I think we’ll be very lucky if these get restocked. The email confirmations aren’t like usual Argos email confirmations in that they have no numbers and pics etc.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I’d say there might have been a small number/handful left that they were selling off to clear stock etc., but honestly I think we’ll be very lucky if these get restocked. The email confirmations aren’t like usual Argos email confirmations in that they have no numbers and pics etc.

Mine do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Some got reservation numbers, I'd expect they'll be fulfilled. Those with no number won't IMO

Stheno wrote: »
    Mine do

Plural?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Plural?

Yes I've two one for me and one for the oh my laptop is broken and he just has a tablet

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement