Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple MacBook Pro 2017 13 Inch i5 8GB 256GB Silver

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Kevcol

dan786 wrote: »
    Really? Clearly says Air. Its no where near the one in Argos.

Really?? Cool

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

It's pretty obvious it's an error and it's slipped through - esp. as it hasn't been reduced in the UK. Normally when an error like this happens you have a small window of a few hours (in some cases days) to reserve and collect ASAP before the error is spotted and amended. If you go back through the Argos thread you'll see countless examples of this. One example from last year was the Nikon DSLR Camera that a few people managed to get before the price was amended.

Managed to get the Nikon last year but too late on this, ah well, saved myself 800 euro, probably for the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭Red Lightning

I got a reservation number in my email. Much of a chance of me getting this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

I tried to reserve this in-store today, in both Blanchardtown and Tallaght branches. Specifically, it was the one coming in next week as they had no current stock. No dice - computer says NO. Turns out there's a new Argos catalogue gone live today. Maybe this really is just a clearance deal!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TheUnderfaker

That's the €800 question

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Does it have all the product detail and price?

Stheno wrote:
    Does it have all the product detail and price?

It does

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

This question came up before with a Lego set,so from what I remember it depends who you get at the counter and if you can be persuasive enough that they might honour it (which they don't have to). I think sob stories worked.

Best thing about BA is how these threads build up and subsequently pan out.
    Could we put a list up of people who've reserved and take bets :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Love all the smug assertions that there was ZERO chance of this getting honoured.

Not so smug anymore :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I've a reservation number, received by text and email. Says I'll be texted when stock available in Limerick. Wish me luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

MarkR wrote: »
    I've a reservation number, received by text and email. Says I'll be texted when stock available in Limerick. With me luck.

got one too, mines for cruises street
    I have had issues with childers road before not honoring previous prices from reservations

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

quarryman wrote: »
    Love all the smug assertions that there was ZERO chance of this getting honoured.

Not so smug anymore :)

That's not what some people said to be fair.

The reservations that were made with actual stock on the system and in stores were always likely to be honoured if picked up before the pricing error (which I do believe this to be as the UK price hasn't moved) was/is noticed.

The reservations for pick up next week via email but with no reservation number/pics etc. I doubt will be honoured. I speak from experience on this sadly. I have a reservation myself so it'll be great if it is, but I'm not holding my breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

This question came up before with a Lego set,so from what I remember it depends who you get at the counter and if you can be persuasive enough that they might honour it (which they don't have to). I think sob stories worked.

Best thing about BA is how these threads build up and subsequently pan out.
    Could we put a list up of people who've reserved and take bets :pac:

They've changed the policy on that since they were taken over. But as I mentioned earlier there's a greater chance of a lesser value item like a lego set being honoured than €800 on a laptop in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭ccull123

Anyone have a reservation code that they’re not going to use? Raging I missed this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭Sono

Reserved for Blanch there, got an email confirmation but no reservation number or text, not hopeful, what a bargain!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Sono wrote: »
    Reserved for Blanch there, got an email confirmation but no reservation number or text, not hopeful, what a bargain!

I've about 20 of those for shops throughout Leinster if anyone wants them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭patrickcost

KERSPLAT! wrote: »

Please send me one mate nearest to dublin thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭BrookieD

would love a pm mate if ok? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

x39.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

They're of no use, there's no reservation number or even description/price for the laptop. It doesn't even say that it's a laptop that was reserved.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭patrickcost

They're of no use, there's no reservation number or even description/price for the laptop. It doesn't even say that it's a laptop that was reserved.

oh okay thats grand

KERSPLAT! wrote:

Why did they send it out to ya? I've never seen one of them

Why did they send it out to ya? I've never seen one of them

Try to reserve one now and you'll get one. I got them too. It's probably a bug in their code that these get sent out when nothing has actually been reserved

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Davexirl

Damn, can't believe I missed out on this. Tried to reserve one but didn't get a reservation number in the email.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

Try to reserve one now and you'll get one. I got them too. It's probably a bug in their code that these get sent out when nothing has actually been reserved

It always happens in these threads when a product in Argos comes up at a price that is too good to be true. Normally a number of people can reserve them with proper reservation details and then the system starts kicking out blank registrations. I'd say the code has some fail-safe in place that if a certain number of unusually high orders of an item are detected in a certain period of time then it stops sending out reservation details.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

Anyone who's ordered one, keep us posted if you actually get it!

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭xraylady

Same for me. “Out if stock” after entering email & phone no and then email with no details or res no.

Price still the same... How long would they normally take to fix a pricing error?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,950 ✭✭✭dodzy

Bargain of the year........ and Jan isn’t even over. Well done OP.

Anyone with a code gets it, anyone without doesn’t unfortunately.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement