Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple MacBook Pro 2017 13 Inch i5 8GB 256GB Silver

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

dan786 wrote: »
    Once you have paid for the item and its in your hands. Its legally yours as you a receipt. There is nothing the store can do about it.

Its not wrong in anyway. Glitches happen on most sites, I recently bought iPhone 7 Plus 256Gb worth almost 500£ for just 27£ on Amazon recently through a glitch.

How did you find that glitch?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

It's the code that will give you the PC (hopefully)

It's not a PC, it's a Mac.

I buy in Argos about 10 times a week.

If you know you buy in Argos ten times a week, why don't you consolidate your shopping and only go in a couple of times a week?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Anyone have a a code for today anywhere in Dublin? willing to give it a go if someone doesn't actually want it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Effects wrote: »
    If you know you buy in Argos ten times a week, why don't you consolidate your shopping and only go in a couple of times a week?

I'm actually really curious about this too. That means there's around 3 days a week where you go to Argos twice. What are you buying!? :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

If anyone wants to part ways with there code in Limerick or Galway it would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Had a “blank email” (no product info., no reservation code etc.) reservation for Blanch. Just got a call to say there will be a couple coming in tomorrow - at full price. Was very apologetic about “the pricing error” but they will helpfully hold it for me at the higher price if I still want it......:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭gl0Rob

Anyone that was due to pick one up today might still be in with a chance. Self-service kiosk should still show it at half price. Unfortunately I’m not due to collect until tomorrow .

• Registered Users Posts: 9 macman501

Anyone got a code for Dublin or surrounding areas that they won’t be collecting? I’d really appreciate it.

I'm not sure of the technicalities of reservation codes in Argos tbh, but I'm almost certain that I picked up things before that were on special offer, after the special offer ended but still paid the price I reserved at.

Ie you put in your reservation code, and the system says you reserved X at Y price, so don't know if the price going up is relevant or not.

Wouldn't that make any reservations made during the final hours of a sale pointless?

This has been commented on several times in this thread already. They used to honour those; since the change of ownership it's not by any means guaranteed.

People see what they want to see on here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

You can no longer check stock of this online. Just gives you blank pop up on the site after selecting the store.

Just got a text to say mine is ready to collect.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

This has been commented on several times in this thread already. They used to honour those; since the change of ownership it's not by any means guaranteed.

People see what they want to see on here.

Not guaranteed, but worth the punt to make the trip and try.

Further, it's still available at the half price listed as per the OP online after 10am 2 days later.

You can no longer check stock of this online. Just gives you blank pop up on the site after selecting the store.

Congrats dan, lucky you!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭ebeanz

Did you have a collection date of today or tomorrow ?

Good luck Dan. Let us know how you get on.

Not guaranteed, but worth the punt to make the trip and try.

I honestly think you're wasting your time Johnny but fire away.

There's a big difference in getting a mispriced kettle or a set of lego at half price honoured than them letting you have mispriced MBP at a "discount" of €800 (Apple retailers work on a margin of 7% from what I've been told in the past btw). If you read the Argos Thread you'll see pricing hasn't been honoured on much smaller amounts/discounts/misprices in recent times. I've benefitted from and lost out on bargains in recent times btw.

I had a reservation for Blanch which I got a call about this morning to say it's available at full price if I want it, I expect you'll get the same call at some stage.

Look if you get it, fair play, but I'd be shocked.

FWIW. if you do get to store and they actually have one in stock I'd try being super nice rather than throwing a tantrum demanding they honour the "reserved" price. The former has worked for me more often than not, the latter I've seen a few people employ in store and always with zero success.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

ebeanz wrote: »
    Did you have a collection date of today or tomorrow ?

For tomorrow. But its there today. It just outside Dublin 40 mins drive and I am in work.

There's a big difference in getting a mispriced kettle or a set of lego at half price honoured than them letting you have mispriced MBP at a "discount" of €800 (Apple retailers work on a margin of 7% from what I've been told in the past btw). If you read the Argos Thread you'll see pricing hasn't been honoured on much smaller amounts/discounts/misprices in recent times. I've benefitted from and lost out on bargains in recent times btw.

I had a reservation for Blanch which I got a call about this morning to say it's available at full price if I want it, I expect you'll get the same call at some stage.

FWIW. if you do get to store and they actually have one in stock I'd try being super nice rather than throwing a tantrum demanding they honour the "reserved" price. The former has worked for me more often than not, the latter I've seen a few people employ in store and always with zero success.

Yeah I said earlier that if it shot up to the full amount when I called in, I'd sweetly argue my point armed with email.

Will cost me nothing but the journey, which I will couple with work anyway while I'm in the area.

For tomorrow. But its there today. It just outside Dublin 40 mins drive and I am in work.

I have a collection for tomorrow also 40 minutes drive away but I might take a chance and try later this afternoon.

I had a reservation for Blanch which I got a call about this morning to say it's available at full price if I want it
    , I expect you'll get the same call at some stage.

Just on this, if they're still available online at the bargain price, why don't you head in later and punch your reservation code into the self service kiosk?

Personally, I'd be there already trying my luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

I just picked up mine in Dun Laoghaire - happy is not the word for it!!:D

cotton wrote: »
    I just picked up mine in Dun Laoghaire - happy is not the word for it!!:D

Well done :D did you have a collection date for today or tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Dec4

I would guess that there are probably in excess of 200 codes (that's only approx 5 per Argos branch). Assuming Argos were to "honour" this mistake they could be looking at a loss of a six figure sum. Remember they already sold out all that were in stock nationwide (perhaps that's only 10-15?) last Saturday which is probably €6-10K of a loss already...
    I have a code but expect a better chance of picking up the Lotto next Wednesday than picking up the Macbook in Argos...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

ebeanz wrote: »
    Well done :D did you have a collection date for today or tomorrow

It was meant to be wednesday but got the text saying it was in this morning so ran up, put my reservation code into self service & got it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Deadly, fair play :)

Dec4 wrote: »
    I would guess that there are probably in excess of 200 codes (that's only approx 5 per Argos branch). Assuming Argos were to "honour" this mistake they could be looking at a loss of a six figure sum. Remember they already sold out all that were in stock nationwide (perhaps that's only 10-15?) last Saturday which is probably €6-10K of a loss already...
    I have a code but expect a better chance of picking up the Lotto next Wednesday than picking up the Macbook in Argos...:)

Assuming it's an error and not the price it's shown at on their website for 48hrs +.

It's astonishing that a big firm like Argos haven't rectified an apparent price error on their site already.

Squeaky bum time for the person who entered the wrong price online if so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

Squeaky bum time for the person who entered the wrong price online if so.

lol. Seems they entered 799 instead of 1799 :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I just had a call from Argos to say t the price on my reservation was a pricing error and they won't be able to honour it.

Wasn't due to collect until Weds

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭gl0Rob

Stheno wrote: »
    I just had a call from Argos to say t the price on my reservation was a pricing error and they won't be able to honour it.

Wasn't due to collect until Weds

Two things come to mind

1. Genuine pricing error - very likely but can’t fathom why it hasn’t changed online yet.

2. Staff want it and pulling a fast one

• Advertisement

cotton wrote: »
    It was meant to be wednesday but got the text saying it was in this morning so ran up, put my reservation code into self service & got it. :)

Can you post a picture of your receipt to back up your claim?

Seems some people are getting it and some are being told it was an error.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement