Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple MacBook Pro 2017 13 Inch i5 8GB 256GB Silver

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Did anyone who got refused try pointing out to them that other people have had the reservation honoured and still got refused?

Yes in tallaght this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Sono

RossieMan wrote: »
    Dan has done this before on many different BAs.

Think I'm banned from his adverts for pointing it out previously.

Fairly certain it's the same fella.

Why would you bother? Fairly sad if this is indeed true

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Sir Dosser wrote: »

I'd be going back in the morning if I were you.

Show them some receipts from this thread as proof others have had theirs honoured. Stay calm, be polite, you never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Could be wrong. Hard to check as the thread we had discussions in got wiped due to us taking it off topic. He has the exact same posting style so it wouldn't surprise me to be the same fella. It was in the Xbox Currys deal just before black Friday. He wouldn't even sell them for a 50 euro profit, wasn't the full bang for buck.

Should have been banned from BA back then.They have every right to refuse you, whether other stores accepted or not. You know the price before you buy. You've literally no legal standing for having this honoured.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Dan has done this before on many different BAs.

Think I'm banned from his adverts for pointing it out previously.

Fairly certain it's the same fella.

Lol fun fact I never had a account on Adverts. Only use Donedeal and Ebay. But might do tomorrow to list my Macbooks.

I have shared alot of deal on here myself.

And I am sorry that you missed out.

• Advertisement

Could be wrong. Hard to check as the thread we had discussions in got wiped due to us taking it off topic. He has the exact same posting style so it wouldn't surprise me to be the same fella. It was in the Xbox Currys deal just before black Friday. He wouldn't even sell them for a 50 euro profit, wasn't the full bang for buck.

Should have been banned from BA back then.They have every right to refuse you, whether other stores accepted or not. You know the price before you buy. You've literally no legal standing for having this honoured.

I missed out that Xbox deal sadly. So you are mistaken. Must be someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

dan786 wrote: »
    Lol fun fact I never had a account on Adverts. Only use Donedeal and Ebay. But might do tomorrow to list my Macbooks.

I have shared alot of deal on here myself.

And I am sorry that you missed out.

you should still help the OP out as a thank you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

I have one for tallaght. Did you go to the machine? Did it show €700?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,933 ✭✭✭dodzy

What did you / they have ? A res number or just a screen shot of the "orderable" date on the Argos screen when the order was attempted ?

you should still help the OP out as a thank you!!

I seen the deal before it was posted. I always check the scanner site when new catalogue comes out. They had a similar error with an Macbook Air few years back.

Also had another price error today as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

dan786 wrote:
    I missed out that Xbox deal sadly. So you are mistaken. Must be someone else.

Case of mistaken identity then I guess. My bad for that.

I personally wouldn't rub in the faces of others that I'm selling these on at a profit, or that you've reserved multiple in different stores which means people who want the BA can't get it. Not really in the spirit of the community here.

I have one for tallaght. Did you go to the machine? Did it show €700?

Was refused in Tallaght yesterday and know someone else who was also.

Case of mistaken identity then I guess. My bad for that.

I personally wouldn't rub in the faces of others that I'm selling these on at a profit, or that you've reserved multiple in different stores which means people who want the BA can't get it. Not really in the spirit of the community here.

Yes I wouldnt but this is different. I am not rubbing it in, I am just stating my experience as it helped others get it also.

I didnt expect them to honour it, I didnt have to fight etc. Most people didnt bother going in as price went up. I did tried my luck and got it.

Ofcourse I reserved more than one like alot of others as it was for order only so all stores had different dates. Two stores refused yesterday and 2 gave it to me today makes it the right decision to reserve at more than one store

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭tolow

Little off topic but is this the same laptop? Not as cheap as the original pricing error but still a little cheaper

https://pricespy.ie/computers-accessories/computers/laptops/apple-macbook-pro-2.5ghz-dc-8gb-256gb-13--p4646350

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

dan786 wrote: »
    I seen the deal before it was posted. I always check the scanner site when new catalogue comes out. They had a similar error with an Macbook Air few years back.

Also had another price error today as well.

And didn't post it here wha :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Dec4

Fair play to Argos and credit due to them for taking the obvious financial hit. It would appear that those who reserved early were accommodated. They were under no obligation to honour this obvious mistake.
    Must have cost them a packet...

And didn't post it here wha :eek:

Was going to but it was posted by someone else in the mobiles section.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

dan786 wrote:

Can you explain the scanner site please?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,810 ✭✭✭✭Basq

august12 wrote: »
    Can you explain the scanner site please?
    www.pricescanner.ie/argos/

Hey OP- thanks for the BA and very sorry you didn't get one. I reserved around the time of posting but while I got an email, it told me they were out of stock and no text code so looks like it was the luck of the draw which venue you chose and when you actually got to the shop to collect.

If it means anything, while it would have been tempting, I've a lot of demands on me for 800 euro and most of my PC/MAC needs are met right now so I would have got it for you after all this- but unfortunately didn't have a chance but well done for sharing- it will surely be one of the "bargains of the year" at the end of 2019.

Plenty :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,865 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Now we know why Dan buys in Argos 10 times a week :D

Effects wrote: »
    It's not a PC, it's a Mac.

Sorry mods, but i have to post the following.

So "Effects"- a MAC is a computer. And when you buy it, it's yours- so it's personal. So it's a fcking PC- so get over yourself with your grammar naziism.

*posted using a MAC*

• Registered Users Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Sorry mods, but i have to post the following.

So "Effects"- a MAC is a computer. And when you buy it, it's yours- so it's personal. So it's a fcking PC- so get over yourself with your grammar naziism.

*posted using a MAC*

You can run both windows and osx on it.
    And other OS if you like. :)

Boot camp.

Michael Mcdowell and

Michael mcnamara and Peadar Tóibín..

• Registered Users Posts: 15,865 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

It’s a laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Seve OB wrote: »
    It’s a laptop.

Is it a Mac laptop or PC laptop. :D

Obviously I didn't get one, but still waiting to be sure.

Michael Mcdowell and

Michael mcnamara and Peadar Tóibín..

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Dec4 wrote:
    Fair play to Argos and credit due to them for taking the obvious financial hit. It would appear that those who reserved early were accommodated. They were under no obligation to honour this obvious mistake. Must have cost them a packet...

Hardly, with their daily sales and margins across their stores they wouldn't have noticed..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I think we have reached a suitable closing point.

Till the next time..... Closed :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement