Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple MacBook Pro 2017 13 Inch i5 8GB 256GB Silver

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Tried reserving one and whilst I got an email there's no product info. or price on said email.....which isn't how reservations are normally sent....which in turn leads me to suspect this is an error that won't be honoured for this type of reservations (the people who reserved when there was physical product in store might be luckier however).

My MBP died a few weeks ago, is irreparable and I haven't been able to replace it. On the offchance anyone reserved in Dublin and doesn't actually want theirs I'd be eternally grateful if they would consider me if passing up the reservation code.....can show pics/video of the MBP if anyone thinks I'm BS'ing btw!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Tried reserving one and whilst I got an email there's no product info. or price on said email.....which isn't how reservations are normally sent....which in turn leads me to suspect this is an error that won't be honoured for this type of reservations (the people who reserved when there was physical product in store might be luckier however).

My MBP died a few weeks ago, is irreparable and I haven't been able to replace it. On the offchance anyone reserved in Dublin and doesn't actually want theirs I'd be eternally grateful if they would consider me if passing up the reservation code.....can show pics/video of the MBP if anyone thinks I'm BS'ing btw!

If you have no reservation number it means its out of stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,529 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

I can't get a reservation number for any store in Cork so I guess I'm too late!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

dan786 wrote: »
    Still 799

Edit* You're right.

If you have no reservation number it means its out of stock.

Ta. Ah well. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭evlgmaojr27ypu

I had issues getting a reservation code on number of stores in Dublin, it would just throw up an error saying "out of stock". Finally managed to get one from Dundrum store (got a confirmation and email with reservation code for next Saturday). Might be worth a try for those still looking.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I have a reservation code for Swords, I very much doubt they'll honour it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭pajoemccracken

Hi. If anyone not using reservation could you please pm me the code.
    Need present for my son's 21st birthday and can't afford full price for MacBook.
    Thanks
    In Limerick but I will travel..

Mr.S wrote: »
    This won't be honoured!

Well thats predicting the future. If the price doesnt change you can always use self service tills. I got a Mac Air for 110 from Argos few years back also posted here. Misprice that was meant to be 1100.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,933 ✭✭✭dodzy

Mr.S wrote: »
    This won't be honoured!

Well one thing is for sure for those that have a res number:

You couldn’t have a better chance of it being honored with any on there retailer. Argos have historically been fantastic with these glitches, although this is mammoth..... but then again, so was the Air ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

For the best. Really don't wanna splash out 800 quid but I would if they let me :(

TallGlass wrote: »
    For the best. Really don't wanna splash out 800 quid but I would if they let me :(

I am sure a lot of people reserved some for resale. These will easily go for 1100-1200 on Adverts etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,541 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

I am sure a lot of people reserved some for resale. These will easily go for 1100-1200 on Adverts etc.

Definitely. Considering the exact same model is €1799 on the Apple.com/ie site

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

If they had stock in-store this morning you had a chance, but doubt they will honor these, then again sometimes the publicity generated is worth more than the loss

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭DopeTech

If they had stock in-store this morning you had a chance, but doubt they will honor these, then again sometimes the publicity generated is worth more than the loss

Depends how many where reserved and got codes.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

I reserved one this morning in blanch . It was the last one in stock. Reserved it for a friend who I knew was looking for one but he says it's too small for him . Going to check with other family to see if anyone wants it .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

The Muppet wrote: »
    I reserved one this morning in blanch . It was the last one in stock. Reserved it for a friend who I knew was looking for one but he says it's too small for him . Going to check with other family to see if anyone wants it .

Don't forget me if not! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭SMcDDB

If anyone has a code they don’t want I would really appreciate it 👠Would love this! Can’t believe I missed it

FourFourFM wrote: »
    Definitely. Considering the exact same model is €1799 on the Apple.com/ie site

Are you sure ? - The one from Argos is a June 2017 Model, while the latest one on Apple's site is a July 2018 Model. So certainly the RRP listed in argos site isn't accurate.

I would say the value will be around €1200, so them selling it at €800 gives me hope that they could honour it. Plus based on this thread, stock was very low and you didn't have people ordering 20 at a time. So I am a bit hopeful, but time will tell :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 81r2

Hi. If anyone not using reservation could you please pm me the code.
    Need present for my son's 21st birthday and can't afford full price for MacBook.
    Thanks
    In Limerick but I will travel..

Looking on the Argos site, these are available in the Childers Road, Limerick shop for reservation. Collect Tuesday 29th January.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

Got reservation but no reservation code.

So I'd imagine they have turned it off for now

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I got a reservation code for collection on Wednesday.

I think I'll just head straight for the serif service kiosk.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

81r2 wrote: »
    Looking on the Argos site, these are available in the Childers Road, Limerick shop for reservation. Collect Tuesday 29th January.

No it's not. I checked earlier and just now. No reservation code is being provided.

Are you sure ? - The one from Argos is a June 2017 Model, while the latest one on Apple's site is a July 2018 Model. So certainly the RRP listed in argos site isn't accurate.

I am 100% sure.

The first two models on the Apple site were introduced in 2017 and have not been updated since then and are still on sale at €1,549 & €1,799 (the one Argos in this thread).

The 2018 updated MacBook Pro’s are the Touch Bar & Touch ID models starting at €2,099.

I am 100% sure.

The first two models on the Apple site were introduced in 2017 and have not been updated since then and are still on sale at €1,549 & €1,799 (the one Argos are selling).

The 2018 updated MacBook Pro’s are the Touch Bar & Touch ID models starting at €2,099.

They released both touch bar AND standard (no touch bar) models in 2018.

I am 100% sure.

The first two models on the Apple site were introduced in 2017 and have not been updated since then and are still on sale at €1,549 & €1,799 (the one Argos are selling).

Just tried to reserve again at a different store but getting an email with no reservation code, and an out of stock error.

I think people who already got their reservation code might be smiling about this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Connrang

Getting " Out of Stock ".......damn.....great bargain for whoever gets it

Is this the same model?

Apple MacBook Pro (13" Retina, Touch Bar, 2.3GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD) - Space Grey (Latest Model) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07FL8RF64/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_BUetCbZG5Q070

I am 100% sure.

Darn you are correct! They didn't update the non touch bar models in 2018.

• Advertisement

They released both touch bar AND standard (no touch bar) models in 2018.

They didn’t.

Look at the website and compare the processors. 7th gen vs 8th gen intel.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement