Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread? (Part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Kilboor wrote: »
    Lads, anyone else think Lana in Castletroy is completely sub par compared to the O'Connell Street branch?

Soggy peppered chicken, overcooked chicken in curry, and a big lump of unmixed wasabi at the bottom of my tub are some of the stuff I've experienced from Castletroy. Never had an issue with O'Connell Street

I haven’t been to the O’Connell street restaurant but the Raheen branch is way nicer than Castletroy one. The Castletroy branch is much closer to me but if I want a takeaway I go to the Raheen one.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

I'm not from Limerick

What's with all the bonfires today?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,560 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Jimbob1977 wrote: »
    I'm not from Limerick

Setting fire to people not from Limerick.

Be careful!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,802 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

I'm not from Limerick

Bonfire night for May Eve

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Cappamore man Willie O'Connor who plays darts in the PDC won today's players Championship tournament.
    Won 7 consecutive games and pocketted £10,000 for his first ever title.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭dashoonage

That stupid limerick run is on sunday isnt it ? blocked into my house for most of the day so. closing down the roads for a stupid run

After all the villains over the years.....defeated by some runners :P

I'm not from Limerick

May eve. Its bonfire night. Memories :)

I know but when you are working its a pain in the arse

I'm working the weekend too. I'm sure you'll manage. Its just 1 day. Some very deserving charities are gonna benefit from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

I'm not from Limerick

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beltane

The gist of it is, to bless their livestock enroute to summer grazing grounds, the Celts would walk cattle etc past a bonfire.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

I'm working the weekend too. I'm sure you'll manage. Its just 1 day. Some very deserving charities are gonna benefit from it.

I know but it's the fecking fools of stewards that's the prob.They haven't a,clue some of them.nearly sent me into the runners last yr :D:D others thinking they are guards then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Long shot but has anyone an unlocked 4G modem or a Three 4G modem they would be interested in parting with.

There is such a thing as crap electricians isn't there. ?? Place wired badly so fuses are always tripping after installing new outlets..

There is such a thing as crap electricians isn't there. ?? Place wired badly so fuses are always tripping after installing new outlets..

The crap ones keep the good ones in business :pac:

The crap ones keep the good ones in business :pac:

There is actually dodgy ones so Have to get a proper one so to fix stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

anyone use this recruitment agency employmum.ie ? if so any good?

fryup wrote: »
    anyone use this recruitment agency employmum.ie ? if so any good?

is this it ?? https://www.independent.ie/business/small-business/this-irish-mother-couldnt-find-a-firm-that-gave-her-flexible-hours-so-she-created-her-own-37233569.html

cant find many reviews for it mostly for mams/dads returning to work

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

yep,

but according to the Limerick Post they do jobs for blokes as well

fryup wrote: »
    yep,

but according to the Limerick Post they do jobs for blokes as well
    they do was googling it there & it said it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Never heard of it, but the name is a bit :rolleyes:

Folks where would u get decent insoles for boots again?? havent been in town in ages

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Folks where would u get decent insoles for boots again?? havent been in town in ages

Ecco in Thomas St. maybe??

• Registered Users Posts: 24,085 ✭✭✭✭phog

I'm not sure but I'd try Gleeson's on O'Connell St, near Chicken Hut or Gleeson's on William St both are very helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

phog wrote: »
    I'm not sure but I'd try Gleeson's on O'Connell St, near Chicken Hut or Gleeson's on William St both are very helpful.

Could just use chicken hut gravy when it goes cold and congeels !!!

Anyone driving along the Childers road or Hyde road spot those 3 morons on scramblers just a few mins ago? Weaving in and out of traffic, driving up the wrong side of the road, on footpaths, causing people to slam on brakes etc. Used to be a common enough occurrence around that side but a while since I've seen anything like it. Gardai have as much interest in it as I do going to mass. Its a disgrace, Joe!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Anyone driving along the Childers road or Hyde road spot those 3 morons on scramblers just a few mins ago? Weaving in and out of traffic, driving up the wrong side of the road, on footpaths, causing people to slam on brakes etc. Used to be a common enough occurrence around that side but a while since I've seen anything like it. Gardai have as much interest in it as I do going to mass. Its a disgrace, Joe!
    Article about it today in the Leader, it's a disgrace.

Article about it today in the Leader, it's a disgrace.

Been going on a while so?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,802 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Been going on a while so?

Happens down our way all the time. Lads flying around the housing estate on quads and scramblers. Someone nearly knocked a mother and young child down crossing the road during the week. Guards just leave them be because they know there's nothing they can do about it, can't even chase the lads incase they cause an accident.

should have kept going just plough over the ****ers one less scumbag to worry about then. you might damage the underside of your car though

should have kept going just plough over the ****ers one less scumbag to worry about then. you might damage the underside of your car though

These were 3 proper dirt bikes in fairness. Not the small scramblers you'd normally see the little ****s going round on. The Gardai have no hope keeping up in a chase (through town anyway). If a car hits them or vice-versa, there would be a lot more damage than the underside of a car.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Saw two dopes on one of those bikes last weekend, no helmets, going the wrong way up the road to skip the traffic. Darwin Award waiting to happen.

Advertisement