Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread? (Part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

These were 3 proper dirt bikes in fairness. Not the small scramblers you'd normally see the little ****s going round on. The Gardai have no hope keeping up in a chase (through town anyway). If a car hits them or vice-versa, there would be a lot more damage than the underside of a car.
    Bull bars LOL:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

The Metropolitan police have a novel way of dealing with motorcycle crime worth a Google

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Anyone driving along the Childers road or Hyde road spot those 3 morons on scramblers just a few mins ago? Weaving in and out of traffic, driving up the wrong side of the road, on footpaths, causing people to slam on brakes etc. Used to be a common enough occurrence around that side but a while since I've seen anything like it. Gardai have as much interest in it as I do going to mass. Its a disgrace, Joe!

One of them a ginge on a white and yellow bike? I told him to pick up the bottle he fúcked on the ground on the green outside my place and got a fine bit of abuse for it.

kilburn wrote: »
    The Metropolitan police have a novel way of dealing with motorcycle crime worth a Google

same as my idea :D:D:D except you dont drive over them :D:D:D:D

One of them a ginge on a white and yellow bike? I told him to pick up the bottle he fúcked on the ground on the green outside my place and got a fine bit of abuse for it.

3 of them in helmets with full face guards. Late teens/early 20's maybe. Driving big boy bikes.

• Advertisement

3 of them in helmets with full face guards. Late teens/early 20's maybe. Driving big boy bikes.

This lad was late teen on a full size bike. Sick of them, they use my estate as a rat run. Us ordinary folk need to rise up....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Nearly crashed into me not so long ago heading out the Rosbrien road they crossed onto my side of the road before jumping onto the pavement at the last minute

This lad was late teen on a full size bike. Sick of them, they use my estate as a rat run. Us ordinary folk need to rise up....

I remember it well. Thought all that died down after all the changes in the last 10 years or so.

These lads today were going up and down Childers Rd, in and out of Southill and Weston. They overtook me at The Maldron and by the time I got to Weston they were coming back towards me again. Rang Roxboro when I got to Lidl. No interest. Met them again just after leaving Lidl.

Mc Love wrote: »
    Nearly crashed into me not so long ago heading out the Rosbrien road they crossed onto my side of the road before jumping onto the pavement at the last minute

Nearly did the same to a lady in the car behind me with her child at the Hyde Rd/Childers Rd lights. Absolute scum. Seriously need to get my dash cam up and running again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,226 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

I see they have painted over the mural by King Johns Castle....it was not to everyone's taste apparently...to be replaced by something "more progressive"...I wonder what that could mean?

https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/home/417777/culturalvandalism-limerick-s-eyepop-mural-removed.html

To be fair, I thought it was a fantastic work of art....it is a shame that it is gone...but perhaps our betters know best!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

If anything it should calm down the "activist" on castle street

• Registered Users Posts: 8,802 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

I see they have painted over the mural by King Johns Castle....it was not to everyone's taste apparently...to be replaced by something "more progressive"...I wonder what that could mean?

https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/home/417777/culturalvandalism-limerick-s-eyepop-mural-removed.html

To be fair, I thought it was a fantastic work of art....it is a shame that it is gone...but perhaps our betters know best!!!

I liked it but even without the idiots that were messing with it I think it was time for change as the painting itself was starting to look dirty and needed freshing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,226 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

I liked it but even without the idiots that were messing with it I think it was time for change as the painting itself was starting to look dirty and needed freshing up.

Maybe so...I always admired it when passing by...but what will we replace it with...I worry what our betters think is "more progressive" could be... I hope we don't put up a mural of a personality...we consistently make a bags of our statues, god knows how we would butcher a mural of someone like Delores O'Riordan!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭TheDiceMan2020

Progressive...oh dear god

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I see on 3 roads in/out of Limerick on the Clare side there are new speed limit signs covered. Be careful as it looks like they might be changing the speed limit especially between the Radisson and sheils in both directions which is 60 and 80 right now.

One sign is there with another round one wrapped in plastic above it. Saw the same thing around corbally and parteen as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭GE90

The road between the radisson and shields was changed to 100 both ways Wednesday. Looks like it was a mistake and the signs are covered up

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

GE90 wrote: »
    The road between the radisson and shields was changed to 100 both ways Wednesday. Looks like it was a mistake and the signs are covered up

Yeah, convinced I saw that but saw it 80 then. Figured I imagined it. We'll see what happens, maybe they got ahead of themselves before it was formally approved or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭GE90

I wish they would bump the Condell road up to 60 instead. 80 is reasonable for the radisson to shiels stretch. Especially since the guards have started getting the hairdryer out at the clondrinagh roundabout lately

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

There's at least 5 of them at it, as of this afternoon, and 3 of them looked too young to even apply for a Learner Permit. :rolleyes:

There's at least 5 of them at it, as of this afternoon, and 3 of them looked too young to even apply for a Learner Permit. :rolleyes:

A learner permit/license means nothing to them

• Advertisement

A learner permit/license means nothing to them
    :D:D:D:D:D:p:p:p
    What is even tax & insurance.Here is what u need.:p:p

9039736-3x2-340x227.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,802 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Anyone else getting phone calls from American numbers about their internet connection?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Gary Owen

Ya .
    Called three times , once wasn’t enough for them .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Got one at 11.28 this am. Pretty poor (unconvincing) effort tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭TheDiceMan2020

3 scumbags on bikes weaving in front of traffic by the maternity completely blocking traffic going out Ennis road. Absolute feral scum. Hope a truck flattens them and does society a favour

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

3 scumbags on bikes weaving in front of traffic by the maternity completely blocking traffic going out Ennis road. Absolute feral scum. Hope a truck flattens them and does society a favour

We'd never be that lucky!

See some scumbags robbed ur one Elsa' s Bike while she was canvassing in Oakfield ballinacurra. She has a Facebook post up about it

See some scumbags robbed ur one Elsa' s Bike while she was canvassing in Oakfield ballinacurra. She has a Facebook post up about it

Oakview Drive. As lovely as the area is, it's not the greatest spot to leave an unattended bike. I had one stolen from me there when I was a youngin. Politics aside, I hope she gets it back.

Oakview Drive. As lovely as the area is, it's not the greatest spot to leave an unattended bike. I had one stolen from me there when I was a youngin. Politics aside, I hope she gets it back.

The residents are fantastic, it's the feral passers through that are the problem.

• Advertisement

The residents are fantastic, it's the feral passers through that are the problem.

Agree 100%. Was passing by where Funderland in Groody is setting up and was thinking of what it was like when they used to have it in Greenpark racecourse back in the day. The feral passers through used to increase tenfold when that was there back then.

Advertisement