Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread? (Part 2)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

It arrived in Dublin hub 01.15 & drives loaded it in Southwest hub @ 09.15 so it's out for delivery prob.now.

Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Fingers crossed!

Ya Def Waiting now for him to deliver it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

kilburn wrote: »
    They cant leave a parcel at your property without you signing for it unless you have signed an authority to leave form.

They're not supposed to, but Fastway can and do. Atrocious do deal with at times, as a buyer and seller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Where in Limerick would buy car parts, particularly a car radio, from me apart from Bob Sweeney and the place in Ballysheedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Where in Limerick would buy car parts, particularly a car radio, from me apart from Bob Sweeney and the place in Ballysheedy.

What type you looking for?

• Advertisement

Stab*City wrote: »
    What type you looking for?
    I'm looking for someone to buy it off me.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Why don't you just go and pick up it if it's not delivered. I've done this previously when needing something urgent.

Ignore last post lads I met one of the good ones going around in circles we were trying to meet each other. Lol

Berty wrote: »
    Why don't you just go and pick up it if it's not delivered. I've done this previously when needing something urgent.
    haha i did actually i thought they finished delivering @ 17.00 cough cough so went out there. it wasnt there. so guess who rings then 20 mins l8r delivery driver eventually met him @ one of the centras lol

I'm looking for someone to buy it off me.

I've never heard of a breakers buying car stereos without the rest of the car. Throw it up on adverts. What kind of stereo are we talking about here?

• Advertisement

I've never heard of a breakers buying car stereos without the rest of the car. Throw it up on adverts. What kind of stereo are we talking about here?
    A radio for a Peugeot 107/Citroen C1/Toyota Aygo.

I can give it you after you come out of the bonesetter ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Fastway are a bloody nightmare. I had to go to the depot in search of my parcel. They denied all knowledge of ever having seen it, until I spotted it sticking out from under the desk, where it had been dumped.

Go to the depot when it opens and collect. Don't trust the delivery men. It'll also give you an opportunity to see them throw packages around without care. Disgraceful company.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Lidl -distribution centre Charleville

Ive asked this question in the cork county forum, but no replies - the forum is dead,

Got an interview with them soon...anyone work there? anyone know anyone working there? if so whats the place like??

is it highly pressurised? wages? facilites? etc

it'll be a 45 min drive for me...worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

Any shop in the city centre still selling briquettes, or is it over for this season? Tesco in Arthur's Quay had them until a week or so ago but they're gone now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Go to the depot when it opens and collect. Don't trust the delivery men. It'll also give you an opportunity to see them throw packages around without care. Disgraceful company.

Harsh to tar the delivery men with that not all of them are spoofers they are self employed and most of them very hard workers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Louche Lad wrote: »
    Any shop in the city centre still selling briquettes, or is it over for this season? Tesco in Arthur's Quay had them until a week or so ago but they're gone now.
    Any local shop will have them

Harsh to tar the delivery men with that not all of them are spoofers they are self employed and most of them very hard workers

I can say yes to this as well The 2 delivery drivers who helped me today & y/day were sound. Its the company that are lowlifes. There can be a few bad eggs of drivers as well.

fryup wrote: »
    Lidl -distribution centre Charleville

Ive asked this question in the cork county forum, but no replies - the forum is dead,

Got an interview with them soon...anyone work there? anyone know anyone working there? if so whats the place like??

is it highly pressurised? wages? facilites? etc

it'll be a 45 min drive for me...worth it?
    That place can be very busy I say they only expanded it lately.Remember that where most of the specials come from anyway u know so.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭dorito92

Hi all does anyone know if the lady who sells baby knitted items on cruises street usually on a Saturday still comes to limerick? I’ve been trying to spot her for the last few months but she’s not there...or else she’s only there in summer

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Okay. I was at the depot and I saw them ****ing packages around the place with zero care.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭chicorytip

I can say yes to this as well The 2 delivery drivers who helped me today & y/day were sound. Its the company that are lowlifes. There can be a few bad eggs of drivers as well.

They do have gentlemen drivers but the manner in which they sometimes expidite deliveries can be irresponsible - throw it in to backyard, leave it with the neighbours or in the porch or whatever. What comeback does the customer have in the event of a package being stolen? None of the other courier firms behave in this way.I have heard of items like TV'S being delivered in this fashion. Clearly, their pay and bonuses is dependant on the number of packages "dropped" per day.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭kokiyou

Does anyone have any recommended place to get a button sewed on a peacoat and a tear on khahkis pants sewed back together?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

kokiyou wrote: »
    Does anyone have any recommended place to get a button sewed on a peacoat and a tear on khahkis pants sewed back together?

Where abouts do you live? I've used this shop in Nicholas Street, it's next door to the antique shop and two doors down from Stix Cafe called Seamless Sewing Studio.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭kokiyou

Where abouts do you live? I've used this shop in Nicholas Street, it's next door to the antique shop and two doors down from Stix Cafe called Seamless Sewing Studio.

City center but can drive around..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭chicorytip

kokiyou wrote:

There's a clothing alteration /sewing shop at the top of Roches Street next to Costelloe Doors. I have used them myself. No complaints, prices reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

kokiyou wrote: »

Not too bad. Have used this shop for a lot of things and always satisfied plus the girl that runs it is A1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

chicorytip wrote: »
    There's a clothing alteration /sewing shop at the top of Roches Street next to Costelloe Doors. I have used them myself. No complaints, prices reasonable.

I find them good, but their opening hours seem to be a bit sporadic recently.
    Mr Crumble took his suit trousers in to be shortened recently to a tailor at the top of Upper Gerald Griffin St, next to the memorial/headstone place. Reasonable price and he was happy with them, and he's usually as fussy as hell! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

chicorytip wrote:
    They do have gentlemen drivers but the manner in which they sometimes expidite deliveries can be irresponsible - throw it in to backyard, leave it with the neighbours or in the porch or whatever. What comeback does the customer have in the event of a package being stolen? None of the other courier firms behave in this way.I have heard of items like TV'S being delivered in this fashion. Clearly, their pay and bonuses is dependant on the number of packages "dropped" per day.

They are self employed paid a small amount per delivery and dont get a bonus.

If your package is stolen you contact the company you bought from and as you didnt sign for it or give permission for it to be left elsewhere they have to stand over it.

I find it hard to believe that any courier would leave a tv in a porch.

This city is full of legends.

The starter motor in my car gave up this afternoon. I hope, but doubt he'll see this but to the gentleman driving the black Ford Ka who helped me push start my car in the Parkway car park today, I can't thank you enough. I gave the starter motor a slap of a hammer when I got the car home and she fired up no bother. Temporary solution but as long as it gets me over the weekend. Working 3, 12 hour shifts all weekend so need the car. He's a lifesaver! Legend!

Went into the market last Saturday morning. Just before the Munster match. Chanced the car park on Michael St. Busy/full as expected. A lady rocked on to the car park and spotted me looking for a space. Waved and pointed towards her car. She was leaving. I was happy that I got a space there but the icing on the cake was when said lady gave me her parking disc. 45 mins left on it. Legend!

Fairly small things but still. This happens a lot in Limerick. A city of legends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

It's the small things. If you need a new starter, PM me.

Advertisement