Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread? (Part 2)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭TheDiceMan2020

See some scumbags robbed ur one Elsa' s Bike while she was canvassing in Oakfield ballinacurra. She has a Facebook post up about it

The same one complaining about the councillor calling for the dog unit to be brought back to help tackle anti-social behaviour.

She urged compassion instead.

I wonder does she still feel the same now that she is a victim of said behaviour?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

The same one complaining about the councillor calling for the dog unit to be brought back to help tackle anti-social behaviour.

She urged compassion instead.

I wonder does she still feel the same now that she is a victim of said behaviour?

I mean she’d probably like to see them get a caught and her bike back...maybe a fine, some community service or a sentence. I don’t know if she wants to see them torn limb from limb by wild dogs. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

I mean she’d probably like to see them get a caught and her bike back...maybe a fine, some community service or a sentence. I don’t know if she wants to see them torn limb from limb by wild dogs. :pac:
    This would be great fun:p:p:p
    maxresdefault.jpg

I don't think the Garda dog unit operates with the intent to tear limb from limb. Much as the scumbags deserve it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

When you read that in Dublin a councillor has her arm broken by youths it makes you realise Limerick isn't half as bad as made out.

Bike robbery is part and parcel of living in Limerick though ;)

• Advertisement

Kilboor wrote: »
    When you read that in Dublin a councillor has her arm broken by youths it makes you realise Limerick isn't half as bad as made out.

Bike robbery is part and parcel of living in Limerick though ;)

A man was attacked with a hammer near the regional recently in a robbery. Hit over the head and ended up getting a serious brain injury. He had just arrived in Limerick. Lucky to be alive.

No need to deflect from the feral scuts infesting our city. We are as bad as anywhere. It's a nationwide problem.

Nd bike theft shouldn't be accepted as part and parcel of anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Was in the maternity admissions area this morning good God the state of some of our locals and their attitude towards anything they don't own is a disgrace God help the poor toddler with them.

Throwing food on the ground in the waiting room less than 4ft from a bin.

Language towards the child was shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

For some they'll never know the value of anything when they don't have to bear the cost of anything. Vicious circle then with their kids being normalised by it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

kilburn wrote: »
    Was in the maternity admissions area this morning good God the state of some of our locals and their attitude towards anything they don't own is a disgrace God help the poor toddler with them.

Yep I always despaired for those locals especially the ones outside smoking with only a few hours/days to go to the birth. Sad state of affairs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Mc Love wrote: »
    Yep I always despaired for those locals especially the ones outside smoking with only a few hours/days to go to the birth. Sad state of affairs

A friend of mine had a baby a few months ago and I went in to see her.
    There was a 'lady' of about 30 outside the door having a fag while she was in labour. Unfortunately that wasn't the shocking part. She was with someone else (from what I could hear I think it was her sister) and she was necking vodka from the sister's handbag IN BETWEEN CONTRACTIONS!!! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

A man was attacked with a hammer near the regional recently in a robbery. Hit over the head and ended up getting a serious brain injury. He had just arrived in Limerick. Lucky to be alive.

No need to deflect from the feral scuts infesting our city. We are as bad as anywhere. It's a nationwide problem.

Nd bike theft shouldn't be accepted as part and parcel of anything.

I was being tongue in cheek about it to be honest! I'm well aware of the scum we have.

Kilboor wrote: »
    I was being tongue in cheek about it to be honest! I'm well aware of the scum we have.

ya they moved them out to all ares of the city now even patrickswell.

ya they moved them out to all ares of the city now even patrickswell.

I doubt it made any difference to Patrickswell to be fair.

A friend of mine had a baby a few months ago and I went in to see her.
    There was a 'lady' of about 30 outside the door having a fag while she was in labour. Unfortunately that wasn't the shocking part. She was with someone else (from what I could hear I think it was her sister) and she was necking vodka from the sister's handbag IN BETWEEN CONTRACTIONS!!! :eek:

Should just take the baby into care immediately.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

The next generation of scum the no class

I'm looking for a person, RGI registered of course, to disconnect a Gas Oven. Anybody have a guy they can recommend?

It's a simple job of course that maybe most wouldn't be interested in or charge a silly amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Berty wrote: »
    I'm looking for a person, RGI registered of course, to disconnect a Gas Oven. Anybody have a guy they can recommend?

It's a simple job of course that maybe most wouldn't be interested in or charge a silly amount.

TP Gas services are the only outfit I could recommend.

Anyone else using the limerick eparking app?

You can park for 30 min slots for 50c removes all the parking in the city is too expensive claims

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

You can park for 30 min slots for 50c removes all the parking in the city is too expensive claims

Use it all the time. Such a great app and even allows you to pay for parking in some spots in Clare. I really like that it allows you to have more than one car added on the app which is very handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

I use it through my ParkMagic/TollTag.ie toll tag account and find it brilliant.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Advertisement

Didn't realise you could link it to toll tags

Didn't realise you could link it to toll tags

I don’t think you can link them as such but if you have a ParkMagic toll tag you can use that account in the same way as the eParking. I ‘think’ its ParkMagic that run Limerick eParking.

thats is only certain spots that u can park for 30 mins cause i tried it. down by court house it is for a hour min u have to pay for.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Using it for the last couple of years now. Great system and great value too. I love that I can top up if I need to without going back to the car to replace a disc.

Comhra wrote: »
    Using it for the last couple of years now. Great system and great value too. I love that I can top up if I need to without going back to the car to replace a disc.

Just be careful with that as technically if you’re parked in a two hour zone you’re obliged to move your car rather than paying for parking again. Now I don’t know if it’s ever really enforced but that is the regulation.

TP Gas services are the only outfit I could recommend.

Thanks, have decided on City & County. He can also upgrade/add heating controls to the house through an SEAI grant as well which is handy as the house doesn't have zone controls.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭jonski

Recommendations for someone to install Saorview ?

Looking for someone to see if the aerial that is there is ok plus run a new shielded cable down the outside wall and into the back room ?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,098 ✭✭✭✭phog

jonski wrote: »
    Recommendations for someone to install Saorview ?

Looking for someone to see if the aerial that is there is ok plus run a new shielded cable down the outside wall and into the back room ?

My Sister in law got Urlan to install it in her house, maybe give them a ring to find out the name of the guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

phog wrote: »
    My Sister in law got Urlan to install it in her house, maybe give them a ring to find out the name of the guy.

There's a nice Polish guy who works for them who is really good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Gary Owen

Anyone go to madness last night , was supposed to go but had a change of plan enforced

Advertisement