Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When did Gemma O Doherty go batshyt crazy?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

sophiexyz wrote: »
    None what so ever, i'd assume thats because he come from the same christian background as Swedish natives, same morals, ethics, interests, he just had to learn the language and he was one of them, Swedish wife and children.

Swedes were Scandinavian I thought? Christianity an introduced religion- when I was there it was very secular. Still is there no animosity him taking Swedish jobs?

She is not in the wrong regarding this case, no wonder the powers that be ridicule her, she is exposing their lies

The childs relations not happy- Same with Fr Molloy.

She is a bandwagon jumper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

backspin. wrote: »
    You are right Soros is indeed anti-Semitic. He helped confiscate property from Jews during WW2 and described those days as the best in his life.

He was hiding in a Christian family at age 14, this is from an interview he did. If anything, he went through something incredibly traumatic.

Kroft: “My understanding is that you went … went out, in fact, and helped in the confiscation of property from the Jews.”

Soros: “Yes, that’s right. Yes.”

Kroft: “I mean, that’s — that sounds like an experience that would send lots of people to the psychiatric couch for many, many years. Was it difficult?”

Soros: “Not, not at all. Not at all. Maybe as a child you don’t … you don’t see the connection. But it was — it created no — no problem at all.”

Kroft: “No feeling of guilt?”

Soros: “No.”

Kroft: “For example, that, ‘I’m Jewish, and here I am, watching these people go. I could just as easily be these, I should be there.’ None of that?”

Soros: “Well, of course, … I could be on the other side or I could be the one from whom the thing is being taken away. But there was no sense that I shouldn’t be there, because that was — well, actually, in a funny way, it’s just like in the markets — that if I weren’t there — of course, I wasn’t doing it, but somebody else would — would — would be taking it away anyhow. And it was the — whether I was there or not, I was only a spectator, the property was being taken away. So the — I had no role in taking away that property. So I had no sense of guilt.“

In addition to this, Soros warned Jewish families of impending capture. Pretty shameful to lie about his background.
    https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/george-soros-nazi-jew-conspiracy-theory-roseanne-barr-twitter-rant-a8377301.html
    Stephen15 wrote: »
    So I take it George Soros is great according to you. He's hardly feckin Mother Thresa now is he?

Yep pretty great, Mother Theresa tends to be a lot more problematic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

I couldn't make sense of her. I believe some of her work on anti corruption. Then I saw her on something I know a bit about (the CervicalCheck controversy) and she was pure Batshyt Crazy. This then made me question the Boyle and Molloy stuff.

I'd honestly not be surprised if she turns out to be I'll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

lbc2019 wrote: »
    The childs relations not happy- Same with Fr Molloy.

She is a bandwagon jumper

In fairness the child's relations wouldn't be happy when they were probably involved in it and the doc supports that theory. Some of the family are happy with it who weren't involved in it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,953 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I don't understand why people can't be against fluoride being added to drinking water on ethical grounds.

The science is no way near complete enough that anyone can say with absolute certainty of whether it is a good or bad thing to do.

Northern Ireland doesn't add fluoride, so it's pretty easy to make comparisons.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/health/children-pay-price-for-flouridefree-water-28479838.html
    In the Republic there is a decay rate of one tooth per child compared to over two in Northern Ireland, one of the worst in Europe.

Life ain't always empty.

Which conspiracy theories have become facts?

What can be called a conspiracy theory? Like for years where I lived there was rumours of a paedophile in the area. But the gardai said it was just rumors and people making up stories. Some said at the time the gardai covered it up because of who he was and anyone that went against this was called mad or crackpot. The paedophile is in jail now but 25 years too late.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 38 sophiexyz

debok wrote: »
    In fairness the child's relations wouldn't be happy when they were probably involved in it and the doc supports that theory. Some of the family are happy with it who weren't involved in it

Have you seen Surviving R.KELLY?
    Man raped 14 year old, possibly younger, on video tape, family denied it happened, did money change hands?

What can be called a conspiracy theory? Like for years where I lived there was rumours of a paedophile in the area. But the gardai said it was just rumors and people making up stories. Some said at the time the gardai covered it up because of who he was and anyone that went against this was called mad or crackpot. The paedophile is in jail now but 25 years too late.
    A person basically reusing nazi era anti semetic conspiracies is not comparable. In relation to her crime solving, she's behaved abysmally towards both families of those victims. This is verifiable.

batgoat wrote: »
    A person basically reusing nazi era anti semetic conspiracies is not comparable. In relation to her crime solving, she's behaved abysmally towards both families of those victims. This is verifiable.

You replying to me?

Anyway if I murdered my niece and got away with it for years I wouldn't be happy with a reporter asking me about it.i would probably feign outrage and go to Garda who helped cover it up and then I'd call the reporter batshyte crazy

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 38 sophiexyz

In addition to this, Soros warned Jewish families of impending capture. Pretty shameful to lie about his background.
    youtu.be/W8Id0-Lsyr0
    George Soros admits Nazi collaboration with no regrets, yea he's a good guy.

Have you seen Surviving R.KELLY?
    Man raped 14 year old, possibly younger, on video tape, family denied it happened, did money change hands?

Definitely

You replying to me?

Anyway if I murdered my niece and got away with it for years I wouldn't be happy with a reporter asking me about it.i would probably feign outrage and go to Garda who helped cover it up and then I'd call the reporter batshyte crazy
    The Molloy family have complained about her behaviour. In relation to the Boyle family, the person who she attacked was from the "Justice For Mary Boyle" group and was from the other side of the family. Even believes in her conclusions but thinks she's made it into a self promotion item

https://twitter.com/joecraig79/status/1086102537739091968?s=19

https://twitter.com/joecraig79/status/1052246570228469761?s=19

Also tried to hijack the Molloy case as demonstrated here. He has lots of posts about her behaviour...
    https://twitter.com/BillMaher1/status/1086984664634609664?s=19

youtu.be/W8Id0-Lsyr0
    George Soros admits Nazi collaboration with no regrets, yea he's a good guy.

Yes I quoted the interview. He said he had to see possessions being taken off families. He did not participate in it and had to hide that he was Jewish to survive. You also conveniently ignored that he warned Jewish families of imminent capture..

• Registered Users Posts: 28,415 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Do you not believe the media over here is controlled?
    IMF in Dublin all over Sky,BBC News, RTE not a peep!
    Stories about the church for years, we now know many where true.

I'm not sure that media control by O'Reilly or O'Brien constitutes a conspiracy. Yes, there is a connection between RTE and the government that funds them, that's for sure.

There was rumours of a paedophile in an organisation I was involved in many years ago. Everybody knew, but nobody knew any specifics. Specific and very credible allegations have emerged in recent years, though Gardai have declined to prosecute.

On the broader issue, there may well have been something stinky about the Boyle and Molloy cases in those days. But have any modern day conspiracy theories come through? Most of the stuff that Gemma comes out with is indeed batsh1t crazy.

The Molloy family have complained about her behaviour. In relation to the Boyle family, the person who she attacked was from the "Justice For Mary Boyle" group and was from the other side of the family. Even believes in her conclusions but thinks she's made it into a self promotion item

https://twitter.com/joecraig79/status/1086102537739091968?s=19

https://twitter.com/joecraig79/status/1052246570228469761?s=19

Also tried to hijack the Molloy case as demonstrated here. He has lots of posts about her behaviour...
    https://twitter.com/BillMaher1/status/1086984664634609664?s=19

Yes I quoted the interview. He said he had to see possessions being taken off families. He did not participate in it and had to hide that he was Jewish to survive. You also conveniently ignored that he warned Jewish families of imminent capture..

She probably has made it into self promotion to make a living because she will never get back in the mainstream. But the thing is a lot of people in Ireland never heard of Mary Boyle until the doc. I just wish they could solve it no matter who done it.

She probably has made it into self promotion to make a living because she will never get back in the mainstream. But the thing is a lot of people in Ireland never heard of Mary Boyle until the doc. I just wish they could solve it no matter who done it.

She's treated both families atrociously. When she was challenged on the radio in relation to her vaccine conspiracies, she threatened the radio station and the person who challenged her with legal action. She has a fair bit in common with Dennis O'Brien in terms of legal threats. She makes many... Then there's all the racism which makes her seem all the more insane.

I'm not sure that media control by O'Reilly or O'Brien constitutes a conspiracy. Yes, there is a connection between RTE and the government that funds them, that's for sure.

There was rumours of a paedophile in an organisation I was involved in many years ago. Everybody knew, but nobody knew any specifics. Specific and very credible allegations have emerged in recent years, though Gardai have declined to prosecute.

On the broader issue, there may well have been something stinky about the Boyle and Molloy cases in those days. But have any modern day conspiracy theories come through? Most of the stuff that Gemma comes out with is indeed batsh1t crazy.

In case I'm talking about complaint was made to gardai and they warned him to stop and go to counseling. They denied a complaint was made initially.

Thats annoying thing about o Doherty. She comes out with so much stuff that any truth is lost in the garbage.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Is there any real long term benefit to adding it ?Americans laugh at our teeth anyway?!!Surely every country would add if it was doing somethin. Knowing Ireland there s probably few lads making a few quid off it so it can't be stopped

As regards cavities and things like that, yes there is a benefit. Eg. In Calgary they discontinued water fluoridation and saw an increase in cavities as a result. A lot of countries that do not have water fluoridation have it added to things like milk and salt so they are getting it, just not through the water supply. Furthermore, in other countries water supplies might be too decentralised and hence it makes it impractical to go via that route.

Long story short, we consume fluoride via our diet in acceptable dosages and it would be very very difficult to go over that. You would need to be eating Colgate toothpaste by the bucketload, which nobody does. The latest independent study in Ireland found absolutely no link between water fluoridation and the risk of cancer.

Does it not make you gay? One crank said they were adding Oestrogen to the water supply which made the lads gay! Christian Democrats or some bint on Vinny Browne debates!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,227 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

lbc2019 wrote: »
    Does it not make you gay? One crank said they were adding Oestrogen to the water supply which made the lads gay! Christian Democrats or some bint on Vinny Browne debates!!!

Alex Jones reckons America water made the frogs (actual frogs) gay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

Birneybau wrote: »
    Alex Jones reckons America water made the frogs (actual frogs) gay

Believe it or not but that one is actually kind of true! They are having terrible problems with xenooestrogens (mimicking females hormones) in the American water supply being catastrophic for amphibian reproductive systems. They are being born with shrunken or absent testes, penises and without any behavioural desire for sex with females. It can even cause sex reversal, it also drastically affects other marine life. It's a real disastrous situation and does not deserve to be laughed at. Pollutants in the water are not controlled properly at all. Also human testosterone level have been dropping DRAMATICALLY in the past two decades. Just because it's a conspiracy kook like Alex Jones pointing to it for his own ends doesn't make it automatically wrong, it's actually real.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/02/070228091721.htm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imposex

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Actually Alex Jones said gay. Unless changing from male to female is considered gay.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

Actually Alex Jones said gay. Unless changing from male to female is considered gay.

Homosexuality has been linked with lower male hormones compared to female ones, especially prenatally when the brain is in a sensitive developmental phase. So when you connect the dots his claims, while perhaps crude, are right. Though they could do with some improving Jones' claims on frogs are not an unreasonable picture of reality (unlike for example the Sandy Hook conspiracy). I'd give him a "mostly true".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

Believe it or not but that one is actually kind of true! They are having terrible problems with xenooestrogens (mimicking females hormones) in the American water supply being catastrophic for amphibian reproductive systems. They are being born with shrunken or absent testes, penises and without any behavioural desire for sex with females. It can even cause sex reversal, it also drastically affects other marine life. It's a real disastrous situation and does not deserve to be laughed at. Pollutants in the water are not controlled properly at all. Also human testosterone level have been dropping DRAMATICALLY in the past two decades. Just because it's a conspiracy kook like Alex Jones pointing to it for his own ends doesn't make it automatically wrong, it's actually real.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/02/070228091721.htm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imposex

As with all conspiracy theorists like Alex Jones and his Irish versions, a little knowledge is a dangerous thing. It's a bit like people only reading a couple of lines from a comprehensive report on the future of Ireland which involves planning for population growth and the building of infrastructure. Then convincing themselves it's a not very covert plan by jewish (((globalists))) to turn the entire population of Ireland into black men.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucelee/2018/08/16/alex-jones-top-10-health-claims-and-why-they-are-wrong
    9. The government is using chemicals to turn people and frogs gay.

What do frogs and people have in common besides occasionally wearing top hats? As Jones has claimed, both are supposedly the victims of so-called "estrogen mimickers" being placed in juice boxes, water bottles, and tap water to "feminize" people. Writing for Salon, Alex Seitz-Wald quoted Jones as saying, "The reason there are so many gay people now is because it's a chemical warfare operation. I have the government documents where they said they're going to encourage homosexuality with chemicals so people don't have children." Jones has described tap water as a "gay bomb" and has said "I don't like 'em putting chemicals in the water that TURN THE FREAKIN' FROGS GAY! Do you understand that? I'm sick of being social engineered, it's not funny!"

Why this claim is ridiculous: Indeed, socially engineering Jones would not be funny and probably would not be the best use of limited government resources. I don't know what government documents Jones is referring to, but drinking lots of tap or bottled water may make you pee but it will not "turn you gay." Not that there is anything wrong with that.

And why exactly did Jones mention "gay frogs"? Perhaps Jones was referring to a study from the University of California, Berkeley, which suggested that exposure to atrazine, a widely used pesticide, may cause gender-switching among frogs. But then he would be misinterpreting the results of that study. Gender switching is not the same as sexual preference. Exposing frogs to atrazine is not the same as giving them drinking water. And frogs usually don't drink juice boxes.

Oh, and by the way, Jones' Infowars site is selling water filtration devices.

Yes it is worth the watch, trust me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

I had never heard of Gemma until a few weeks ago.

Numbers listening and reading to alternative social media and news media are growing.

The mainstream media bias and abuse of people with differing viewpoints, particularly since the Trump election, creates a vacuum in which O'Doherty and Waters can create the illusion of a glamorous underground resistance which is dangerously addictive and lures vulnerable people in.

Comments such as "tin foil hat", "fruitcake" etc are counterproductive in that immediately you wonder what arguments are being made that are so outrageous and want to find out.
    I can't stand when there is sneering at civilly presented views (check out the Mary Queen of Scots movie thread) and I absolutely support people being able to put forward any view, no matter how unpalatable, without ridicule - but not in a hostile fashion (e.g. full of insults). And if they want to convince me they are correct, then sufficient evidence and thought are necessary for credibility, and an ability to handle being questioned. Not applicable to Gemma O'Doherty.

Or if a person has a view based on hunches, and not much in the way of evidence, that's fair enough too once they're civil about it - but if they state that this *view* is a fact and throw insults at people for not believing it's a fact, and once a person uses the term "sheeple", I think they're an idiot. Respect can't just be one way.

When someone like O'Doherty is screeching unsubstantiated claims and sneering at those who question her, and blocking people... people calling her "nuts" etc is based on her behaviour, there's no outrageous truth that they're trying to hide.

Homosexuality has been linked with lower male hormones compared to female ones, especially prenatally when the brain is in a sensitive developmental phase. So when you connect the dots his claims, while perhaps crude, are right. Though they could do with some improving Jones' claims on frogs are not an unreasonable picture of reality (unlike for example the Sandy Hook conspiracy). I'd give him a "mostly true".

Really Queen?

Christ its like an invasion!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

As Fr. Jack would have said.....Who put that gob****e on a Ted Talk?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭pumpkin4life

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

A former FF hack worried about Ireland’s future. Great stuff.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement