Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When did Gemma O Doherty go batshyt crazy?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Laois_Man wrote: »
    As Fr. Jack would have said.....Who put that gob****e on a Ted Talk?
    It's an unfortunate aspect of Ted talks, anyone can use the brand from what I gather. There's a lot of pretty dodgy Ted talks, particularly pseudoscientific ones plus Gemma, of course.....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,127 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Laois_Man wrote: »
    As Fr. Jack would have said.....Who put that gob****e on a Ted Talk?

TEDxLongford? jaysus

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

Ipso wrote: »
    Yes, the Mary Boyle case and Niall Molloy cases need more attention.

What has she exposed about the Niall Molloy case that Gene Kerrigan hadn't exposed years, nay decades, before? Back when Magill magazine was so good some of us would literally be waiting on tenterhooks for the next issue to come out (this was before the instant orgasmatrons of Twitter, Facebook, Wikipedia and, dare I say it and risk a ban, Boards.ie?) Kerrigan wrote a long article on the death of Fr Molloy and the contradictions in the official narrative.

An updated version of the report later appeared in his book Hard Cases. What has GoD added to the narrative? I mean in terms of facts, not hysterical conspiracy theories.

I only ask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

What has she exposed about the Niall Molloy case that Gene Kerrigan hadn't exposed years, nay decades, before? Back when Magill magazine was so good some of us would literally be waiting on tenterhooks for the next issue to come out (this was before the instant orgasmatrons of Twitter, Facebook, Wikipedia and, dare I say it and risk a ban, Boards.ie?) Kerrigan wrote a long article on the death of Fr Molloy and the contradictions in the official narrative.

An updated version of the report later appeared in his book Hard Cases. What has GoD added to the narrative? I mean in terms of facts, not hysterical conspiracy theories.

I only ask.

It’s the first time I had read about it. And maybe many others, and now it has been exposed to tinfooil toxins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭PingTing comes for Fire

The best thing about the Niall Molloy case is that the file on the case is supposedly missing - this being the file that the gardai traded back from Martin Cahill (who had burglarised the dpp's office) by letting some of his cronies out of prison.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

I only ask.

I think she done good few stories on that before she was sacked from the independant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

The best thing about the Niall Molloy case is that the file on the case is supposedly missing - this being the file that the gardai traded back from Martin Cahill (who had burglarised the dpp's office) by letting some of his cronies out of prison.

Are you suggest Martin Cahill was a cleanskin? I would believe that until he started taking liberties and annoying Dessie O Malley

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭PingTing comes for Fire

Are you suggest Martin Cahill was a cleanskin? I would believe that until he started taking liberties and annoying Dessie O Malley

I was observing something funny/interesting.
    Maybe that's not allowed anymore and you have to be for or against something, reduced binary or you have to be on one side or the other of a twitter argument. Also I don't know what cleanskin means/is.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,815 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

sophiexyz wrote: »
    In the last few years many conspiracy theories have become conspiracy facts, which one will turn out to be true next? We won't know if we wont ask questions and just accept the official story
    Examples?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 40,815 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

sophiexyz wrote: »
    Many more, but here is a good one, make you think about the news.

People have long accused the media of being a proxy branch of the State Department, a highly sophisticated and well-produced form of manufactured consensus and controlled opposition all rolled into one. In ostensibly democratic nations, a free and independent press is of paramount importance. But in the U.S., we find a cohesion of the state and corporate news networks that do not constitute ‘state-run media’ in the traditional sense — but it’s close.

Our first solid documentation that the media is an echo chamber for the government came with the disclosure of what has come to be called Operation Mockingbird. This nefarious and far-reaching conspiracy was documented in Part 1 and involved the CIA essentially conscripting journalists, American news agencies, and major broadcasters to become domestic propagandists and spies. Eventually, this CIA/media symbiosis included journalists from all the top news organizations. Literally, thousands of people were involved.

Wikileaks exposed a number of disturbing revelations showing collusion between the media and political operatives

carlbernstein.com/magazine_cia_and_media.php

I didnt know we are America now

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

Examples?

Our phone calls are being recorded as confirmed by Martin Callinan, wheather we are of "interest to the state or not". CIA are incollusion with providing intelligence to overseas intelligence network. Google, facebook are selling on our details... the lists are endless. Thank you Wikileaks, Edward Snowden, etc etc

I was observing something funny/interesting.
    Maybe that's not allowed anymore and you have to be for or against something, reduced binary or you have to be on one side or the other of a twitter argument. Also I don't know what cleanskin means/is.

A cleanskin is expendable agent of the state. For example like the film Bank Job. If the state wants to do something that cannot be traced back to them ever. Trust me at the end of the day it is always the "Clean skin" who gets the ****ty end of the stick. When they seal files that do not need to be reopen, and if they could be reopened who would believe you?

I believe Veronica Guerin was pain in the ass to all concerned. She was exposing the criminal element and incompetency of the guards and the lack of political will of the government to do anything about it. I believe it suited an agenda to have her killed. What happened to her killers? Everyone but John Trainor got incarcerated.

A cleanskin is expendable agent of the state. For example like the film Bank Job. If the state wants to do something that cannot be traced back to them ever. Trust me at the end of the day it is always the "Clean skin" who gets the ****ty end of the stick. When they seal files that do not need to be reopen, and if they could be reopened who would believe you?

I believe Veronica Guerin was pain in the ass to all concerned. She was exposing the criminal element and incompetency of the guards and the lack of political will of the government to do anything about it. I believe it suited an agenda to have her killed. What happened to her killers? Everyone but John Trainor got incarcerated.
    You're conveniently ignoring that her brother told her to feck off with that moronic conspiracy...

batgoat wrote: »
    You're conveniently ignoring that her brother told her to feck off with that moronic conspiracy...

Well did you see anyone step into her shoes? Yeah but not in the same capacity. Her successor thread very very carefully. Its like in "Hot Fuzz".
    "You are making the rest of us look bad"

Of course that sort of thing never happened before ....to anyone ever. I wonder who traded up Capt Bob Nairac ?

Well did you see anyone step into her shoes? Yeah but not in the same capacity. Her successor thread very very carefully. Its like in "Hot Fuzz".

Ya because a hitman killed her, not the government. There's no journalist who's terrified of the Irish government killing them...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,185 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Of course that sort of thing never happened before ....to anyone ever. I wonder who traded up Capt Bob Nairac ?

Do you think Hot Fuzz is a documentary?

Ya because a hitman killed her, not the government. There's no journalist who's terrified of the Irish government killing them...

..... And that is why they are called "cleanskins", completely disposable after the fact. Loads of journalist have been offed across the world by governments across the world. Why do you think the Irish Government is any more pious?

In all fairness to to the government they have a fairly tight grasp of the domestic media, between Denis O Brien and RTE they have it well sewn up.

pjohnson wrote: »
    Do you think Hot Fuzz is a documentary?

Did I say it was? Everyone has heard of those odd cops and priests who put their heads above the parapet and high light those inconsistencies and get sent to arse end parishes and dead end jobs. The only guard I have heard that wasnt run off was Maurice McCabe.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,365 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

I read somewhere that its journalist's solicitors and politicians who are targeted by the loons most often.

..... And that is why they are called "cleanskins", completely disposable after the fact. Loads of journalist have been offed across the world by governments across the world. Why do you think the Irish Government is any more pious?

In all fairness to to the government they have a fairly tight grasp of the domestic media, between Denis O Brien and RTE they have it well sewn up.

Okay, our Gardaí couldn't keep penalty point fixing secret and you really think that they'd manage to cover up assassinations of journalists? Journalists do often get assassinated, that's why we have things like press freedom indexes. We're at 16th, we're extraordinarily free in contrast to other states. America places 45th, Russia 148. Russia has plenty of assassinations of journalists and they can't keep even keep them off the international community's radar.

https://rsf.org/en/ranking

So provide me with credible proof that we've assassinated journalists... Anything.

• Advertisement

Okay, our Gardaí couldn't keep penalty point fixing secret and you really think that they'd manage to cover up assassinations of journalists? Journalists do often get assassinated, that's why we have things like press freedom indexes. We're at 16th, we're extraordinarily free in contrast to other states. America places 45th, Russia 148. Russia has plenty of assassinations of journalists and they can't keep even keep them off the international community's radar.

https://rsf.org/en/ranking

So provide me with credible proof that we've assassinated journalists... Anything.

Have you ever heard of the Irish Intelligence service cocking up? Twice perhaps? Journalists are easy to scare. Either you tell they will never work again or totally discredit them. How many journalist do you think came across abuse by the Catholic Church but had the common sense to leave well enough alone and look after their own lifestyle, safety and reputation and just not deal with it? I am sure there were one or two who went missing in the Troubles, I am not that old. Guerin really irked the wrong people and a lot of her colleagues didnt like her either (I know one of them).

Have you ever heard of the Irish Intelligence service cocking up? Twice perhaps? Journalists are easy to scare. Either you tell they will never work again or totally discredit them. How many journalist do you think came across abuse by the Catholic Church but had the common sense to leave well enough alone and look after their own lifestyle, safety and reputation and just not deal with it? I am sure there were one or two who went missing in the Troubles, I am not that old. Guerin really irked the wrong people and a lot of her colleagues didnt like her either (I know one of them).

Okay, so no proof then. The gardaí feck up a lot btw, it tends to get documented in everything from podcasts to newspapers to books.

Okay, so no proof then. The gardaí feck up a lot btw, it tends to get documented in everything from podcasts to newspapers to books.

In all fairness, you arent comparing the Intelligence service to lads with 5 passes in their Leaving Cert? I know one or two guards who I went to school with and trust me they werent the sharpest of tools in the shed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

This thread is like attracting flies to shyte!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

mariaalice wrote: »
    I read somewhere that its journalist's solicitors and politicians who are targeted by the loons most often.

In fairness Not too many bin men or window washers etc get the chance to be involved in conspiracy theories!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

Joe McAnthony was forced out of the country.
    Anyway I believe the allegation is that it was Charlie Haughey rather than the state itself that had her killed.

Joe McAnthony was forced out of the country.
    Anyway I believe the allegation is that it was Charlie Haughey rather than the state itself that had her killed.

And your proof is? Gemma has never provided any. It's just amid her conspiracies of racist population replacement theory. Her hpv vaccines conspiracies and all the other nonsense she posts. She's the source? Doesn't really sound credible.

And your proof is? Gemma has never provided any. It's just amid her conspiracies of racist population replacement theory. Her hpv vaccines conspiracies and all the other nonsense she posts. She's the source? Doesn't really sound credible.

Regret.ie is just the Irish tip of Gardasil problem. There have been problems right across the States and being withdrawn from Japan. The Regret list is growing and the uptake is slowing down. One of Mercks own lead developers is on record that there are serious problems with the vaccine. Anyone with a family history of an auto immune disorder like AIT or a form of Autism should avoid Gardasil. There is LOADS of stuff out there.

Well the native Irish population is below 1.8 which is the replacement rate and One in Six couples are having problems with fertility, cannot get on the property ladder..... what do you think is happening? Germany Greece and Italy
    are below 1.4 so their native populations are well on their way out. But look at all the wonderful diversity that is coming in with sexual assaults jumping 30% in a few short years.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

lbc2019 wrote: »
    This thread is like attracting flies to shyte!

It certainly has taken a hard right turn into crazy town.

• Advertisement

It certainly has taken a hard right turn into crazy town.

Do you think the girls over at Regret.ie are all crazy?

or

Do you think the director of vaccinations in Ireland was when he said those were results in line with what we were expecting?

Do you think the families who settled with the government with the Swine flu/Avian flu last December were crazy too and the Government just paid them off?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement