Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When did Gemma O Doherty go batshyt crazy?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

lbc2019 wrote: »
    Im staying at 1 (me)! But my parents had 7 children and my siblings have 11, so we're good.

11 children between the 6 of them or 11 children each?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,815 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Whoaa there. I am not anti Vaccine. I am pro vaccine. But everyone who enters Europe doesnt the the BCG, Polio and TB vaccines.

On a TV3 Documentary on the Gardasil debate, the head of the Governments vaccination program said what happened with the fallout from Vaccines was inline with what they expected.

We still dont know the full outcome of the Gardasil vaccinations.
    What facts do you have?

Wtf

How can you claim to be pro vaccine and spouting anti vaccine shiite?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Wtf

How can you claim to be pro vaccine and spouting anti vaccine shiite?

The same way I can criticize Thalidomide and absolve Merck from any wrong doing with Vioxx. Its on a case by case basis. The same way you dont say call cars are good or all cars are bad. You pick which cars have more benefits than others and judge them on that. Your arent going to compare a Fiat to Volvo are you?
    In this case Gardasil side effect outweigh its benefits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

The same way I can criticize Thalidomide and absolve Merck from any wrong doing with Vioxx. Its on a case by case basis. The same way you dont say call cars are good or all cars are bad. You pick which cars have more benefits than others and judge them on that. Your arent going to compare a Fiat to Volvo are you?
    Unproven side effects outweigh eradicating cervical cancer? Right so...

batgoat wrote: »

There are more than 52 strains of HPV (Herpes simplex) that can cause cervical cancer. The Gardasil vaccine only covers 4 of them. It gives a false sense of security. Much like the contraceptive pill is an effective contrceptive and you can do whatever you like after that. It is not what it claims to be .... and you havent addressed those nasty side effects.

I think it is close to 1000 girls in Ireland have had side effects from Gardasil? We dont know what the long term out come is from them. Are you suggesting they are faking seizures? Then there are issues in the States and Japan took it off the market. I wouldnt recommend any girl to take it without being fully informed of the side effects. Some girls have ended up in wheel chairs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,843 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I meant a population replacement rate of 2.7.

Is this to cover the kids who'll die of mumps, measles, rubella, whooping cough, TB, various influenza strains etc.?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

I don't think that's true.
    The so called side effects are an artefact of the sample size and the correlation with Gardasil specifically is derived from parental unease with the idea of their children having sex.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

I think it is close to 1000 girls in Ireland have had side effects from Gardasil?
    How do we know that these are side effects specifically caused by Gardasil?
    How many girls in the years before the vaccine developed these 'side effects' without in fact being vaccinated?
    There are more than 52 strains of HPV (Herpes simplex) that can cause cervical cancer. The Gardasil vaccine only covers 4 of them. It gives a false sense of security.
    HPV is not herpes and Gardasil claims to immunise against 7 strains of HPV not 4.

Is this to cover the kids who'll die of mumps, measles, rubella, whooping cough, TB, various influenza strains etc.?

What are you on about?

How do we know that these are side effects specifically caused by Gardasil?
    How many girls in the years before the vaccine developed these 'side effects' without in fact being vaccinated?

HPV is not herpes and Gardasil claims to immunise against 7 strains of HPV not 4.

Great question, these symptoms all appeared between hours and weeks of vaccinations. They all have Gardasil in common.
    I dont know but they suddenly seem to have mushroomed since the vaccination,

"and Gardasil, a quadrivalent vaccine that protects against infection with HPV types 6, 11, 16, and 18.Mar 2, 2015"
    https://www.cancer.gov/types/cervical/research/gardasil9-prevents-more-HPV-types

• Advertisement

Once again the head of the Government Vaccination program said on TV3. "It was inline with what we expected".

• Registered Users Posts: 23,191 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

The fact this thread has now morphed into an antivaxxer thread probably says a lot about Gemma and her fans :pac:

pjohnson wrote: »
    The fact this thread has now morphed into an antivaxxer thread probably says a lot about Gemma and her fans :pac:

exactly who is an anti-vaxxer? I have said before I support BCG, MMR and Polio Vaccination.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

donaghs wrote: »
    She appears to be against "open borders".

Rather than allowing immigration, but having a agreed system of who is allowed in, and having checks in place. We have that to some extent. A fairly reasonable position?
    Not really, given as you yourself said open borders in Ireland (or the UK, noteworthy as long as the border with the north remains as is) do not exist.

I mean I could take issue with the Irish monarchy if I wanted, but I wouldn't expect to be taken seriously on the matter.

Once again the head of the Government Vaccination program said on TV3. "It was inline with what we expected".

Okay, so you can provide actual proof that a thousand people were ****ed up by the hpv vaccine? To borrow from your cancer.gov link, you're really selling us on the importance of getting it..
    In the trials that led to the approval of Gardasil and Cervarix, these vaccines were found to provide nearly 100% protection against persistent cervical infections with HPV types 16 and 18 and the cervical cell changes that these persistent infections can cause. Gardasil 9 is as effective as Gardasil for the prevention of diseases caused by the four shared HPV types (6, 11, 16, and 18), based on similar antibody responses in participants in clinical studies. The trials that led to approval of Gardasil 9 found it to be nearly 100% effective in preventing cervical, vulvar, and vaginal disease caused by the five additional HPV types (31, 33, 45, 52, and 58) that it targets (4).

In addition, this is HIQA's assessment which matches up with all the research to date.
    The Chair of the National Immunisation Advisory Committee Professor Karina Butler said the new HPV vaccine is not stronger but it covers a wider breadth of strains.

Speaking on RTÉ's Six One, Ms Butler said the previous vaccine for girls targeted 4 different strains while the more new more effective one targets 9.

Karina Butler also said the HPV vaccine has probably been studied more than any other vaccine and the HIQA review is consistent with its findings that this is an extremely safe vaccine.

She said while some pain and swelling at the site of the injection in young people is not uncommon, there's no proof of any relationship with side effects with this vaccine.

https://www.rte.ie/news/health/2018/1207/1015750-hiqa-hpv/

Out of interest, do you also think vaccines cause autism?

Okay, so you can provide actual proof that a thousand people were ****ed up by the hpv vaccine? To borrow from your cancer.gov link, you're really selling us on the importance of getting it..

Out of interest, do you also think vaccines cause autism?

Great questions, No but of two years ago 650 girls and their families would say "Yes". That number is over 1000 now.
    "https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/almost-650-girls-needed-medical-intervention-after-hpv-vaccine-1.3217346"

Too broad a question to answer with one word. Some definitely no, other I do not know. Higher functioning types (you are aware there are different forms and there can be comorbidity) Autism definitely not. I dont not know because I have not read into them in detail. When I do I will get back to you.

O
    In addition, this is HIQA's assessment which matches up with all the research to date.

Hiqua? The Quality agency for the HSE? I would rather take my chances running overseas for treatment and pay private than take my chances with the "7 minute" wonder doctors who I think graduated for goat herder school. Wonder who was held accountable when those Cervical contracts were handed out? Who was held accountable when those cover ups came to light? How long before Vicki Phelan was that intimidate and settle out of court and gag order was that going on?

Sorry credibility is long gone there with me.

Hiqua? The Quality agency for the HSE? I would rather take my chances running overseas for treatment and pay private than take my chances with the "7 minute" wonder doctors who I think graduated for goat herder school. Wonder who was held accountable when those Cervical contracts were handed out? Who was held accountable when those cover ups came to light? How long before Vicki Phelan was that intimidate and settle out of court and gag order was that going on?

Sorry credibility is long gone there with me.

And the vaccine is also supported by Vicky Phelan who fell victim to the cervical cancer scandal. Endorsed by health organizations across the globe. So you're a tad lacking in terms of credibility.

And the vaccine is also supported by Vicky Phelan who fell victim to the cervical cancer scandal. Endorsed by health organizations across the globe. So you're a tad lacking in terms of credibility.

As I knew Vicki Kelly as a child and is an amazingly intelligent person. She is not a scientist nor a health care professional.

Really? I thought they were moving to a different Cervarix from Glaxo-Smith Kline? I am not saying there isnt a need for HPV vaccine, I am saying Gardasil has been brought to the market too early. I was there as a teenager when my Uncle made a fortune from Elan's product Tysabri. I could see Elan investing tonnes of money into what seemed like a bottomless pit but it came good in the end. But I could see there was something there. The product came good in the end and was the product of choice for a while.

As I knew Vicki Kelly as a child and is an amazingly intelligent person. She is not a scientist nor a health care professional.

Really? I thought they were moving to a different Cervarix from Glaxo-Smith Kline? I am not saying there isnt a need for HPV vaccine, I am saying Gardasil has been brought to the market too early. I was there as a teenager when my Uncle made a fortune from Elan's product Tysabri. I could see Elan investing tonnes of money into what seemed like a bottomless pit but it came good in the end. But I could see there was something there. The product came good in the end and was the product of choice for a while.

You're not a scientist either and seem to reject the consensus that the hpv vaccine is perfectly safe... You have not provided an ounce of proof and are relying on anecdotal claims.

• Advertisement

You're not a scientist either and seem to reject the consensus that the hpv vaccine is perfectly safe... You have not provided an ounce of proof and are relying on anecdotal claims.

Define scientist? I have two degrees (BE in Bio Med and before the boom I was doing computers) and black belt in Six Sigma. I worked for a few Bio Medical companies in the south west. I am constantly doing courses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Define scientist? I have two degrees (BE in Bio Med and before the boom I was doing computers) and black belt in Six Sigma. I worked for a few Bio Medical companies in the south west. I am constantly doing courses.

Papers published? Link?

11 children between the 6 of them or 11 children each?

Theyre not rabbits!

There are more than 52 strains of HPV (Herpes simplex) that can cause cervical cancer. The Gardasil vaccine only covers 4 of them. It gives a false sense of security. Much like the contraceptive pill is an effective contrceptive and you can do whatever you like after that. It is not what it claims to be .... and you havent addressed those nasty side effects.

I think it is close to 1000 girls in Ireland have had side effects from Gardasil? We dont know what the long term out come is from them. Are you suggesting they are faking seizures? Then there are issues in the States and Japan took it off the market. I wouldnt recommend any girl to take it without being fully informed of the side effects. Some girls have ended up in wheel chairs.
    Yeah but the strain covers by Gardasil is the vast majority of cases so yeah your anti vax sh is dangerous nonsense

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

exactly who is an anti-vaxxer? I have said before I support BCG, MMR and Polio Vaccination.

They dont encourage sexual promiscuity lol

Great question, these symptoms all appeared between hours and weeks of vaccinations. They all have Gardasil in common.
    I dont know but they suddenly seem to have mushroomed since the vaccination,

"and Gardasil, a quadrivalent vaccine that protects against infection with HPV types 6, 11, 16, and 18.Mar 2, 2015"
    https://www.cancer.gov/types/cervical/research/gardasil9-prevents-more-HPV-types

Exactly - some of these synptoms appeared hours after, some weeks: if Gardasil caused it then there would be consistency. There simply isn't. The science shows that claims that gardasil caused these illnesses is pure drivel.

Terry Pratchet

lbc2019 wrote: »
    Theyre not rabbits!

that is still not replacement rate levels

Exactly - some of these synptoms appeared hours after, some weeks: if Gardasil caused it then there would be consistency. There simply isn't. The science shows that claims that gardasil caused these illnesses is pure drivel.

Immune systems aren't always consistent. Some people have immune systems like horses other have pick up every bug and virus. It seems to me its people with dispositions to Autism in the family and deficient immune systems are most vulnerable. I have a buddy who stretched at the start of winter and got the flu jab and then got hit twice with the flu. I wouldnt touch the thing.

Yet you seem to have an incredibly vague knowledge of vaccines. Eg according to the WHO, this would vaccinate a person against 70% of cases of cervical cancer. They've found it to be highly effective including a 50% reduction in precancerous lesion in multiple countries. You previously said it wasn't worth the risk, since the side effects outweigh the benefits. This is blatantly untrue.

https://www.who.int/immunization/hpv/vaccines/en/
    Where HPV vaccination programmes have been implemented effectively, the benefits are already very apparent. Several countries that have introduced HPV vaccines to their immunization programme have reported a 50% decrease in the incidence rate of uterine cervix precancerous lesions among younger women. In contrast, the mortality rate from cervical cancer in Japan, where HPV vaccination is not proactively recommended, increased by 3.4% from 1995 to 2005 and is expected to increase by 5.9% from 2005 to 2015. This acceleration in disease burden is particularly evident among women aged 15–44 years.28 Ten years after introduction, global HPV vaccine uptake remains slow, and the countries that are most at risk for cervical cancer are those least likely to have introduced the vaccine. Since licensure of HPV vaccines, GACVS has found no new adverse events of concern based on many very large, high quality studies. The new data presented at this meeting have strengthened this position.

https://www.who.int/vaccine_safety/committee/topics/hpv/June_2017/en/
    Immune systems aren't always consistent. Some people have immune systems like horses other have pick up every bug and virus. It seems to me its people with dispositions to Autism in the family and deficient immune systems are most vulnerable. I have a buddy who stretched at the start of winter and got the flu jab and then got hit twice with the flu. I wouldnt touch the thing.
    So you know more than the WHO, all the studio and reports on the safety of the hpv vaccine? They haven't picked up these mysterious side effects? The flu send is fantastic btw, you mightn't have a weakened immune system but others be they elderly or have a compromised immune system for whatever reason.

Anyway, might more sense for you to post this in the antivax thread. You could try posting it in one of the science fora but you'd be laughed out of there.

• Advertisement

Yet you seem to have an incredibly vague knowledge of vaccines. Eg according to the WHO, this would vaccinate a person against 70% of cases of cervical cancer. They've found it to be highly effective including a 50% reduction in precancerous lesion in multiple countries. You previously said it wasn't worth the risk, since the side effects outweigh the benefits. This is blatantly untrue.

https://www.who.int/immunization/hpv/vaccines/en/

So you know more than the WHO, all the studio and reports on the safety of the hpv vaccine? They haven't picked up these mysterious side effects? The flu send is fantastic btw, you mightn't have a weakened immune system but others be they elderly or have a compromised immune system for whatever reason.

Anyway, might more sense for you to post this in the antivax thread. You could try posting it in one of the science fora but you'd be laughed out of there.

What are your credentials, btw? I would take responsible my own health rather than trust the sham that is the HSE. Lets not forget the roles of honour of the HSE. Testing on Children in homes, retention of organs, HEP C scandal, Bayer and the HIV blood scandal. Lately its been both the swine and Avian flu vaccines.

My Father actually got the flu jab and it didnt work. He has a weak man nearly 80. I told him he would be better off with vitamin c pills

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement