Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When did Gemma O Doherty go batshyt crazy?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,235 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

mzungu wrote: »
    Or some people know a load of spoof when they hear it and don't give it the time of day.

Do you have any hard evidence for those claims?

You're dealing with someone who replied the below when asked if they believed in a Zionist conspiracy!
    More a secret society with structured layers depending on persons rank. New recruits can come from various areas such as freemasonry, Muslim brotherhood, Zionist groups etc. Ultimate long term goal is control of the world. To do this they turn morals upside down and achieve order through chaos. Ronald Bernard gave a good description what these people get up to and how they exert control over the world.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

It's funny how the Irish political party she bashes the most is Sinn Fein and yet that's the party she tried the most to get to nominate her for the presidential race. While her platform then was based around anti-corruption a lot of the topics that she embraces now she had denied then.

For all her tub thumping about lying politician and global political/business conspiracies she's shown herself to be one of the most flimflamming, disingenuous and conspiratorial movers out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

She's currently live again on FB, her and her fellow fvckwits are on a yellownvest march in some west meath village. All TEN of them (3 are kids aged 5 or 6)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

You're all sheeple, look at the skies folks.... LOOK AT THE SKIIIIIIEEEEEEEES

• Registered Users Posts: 16,155 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

So you are okay with the sexualisation of a 10 year old kid in a gay pride march or the spraying of chemicals in the sky that spread out forming a hazy mist falling down on us? I would be embarrassed for your naivety and lack of principles.

Is this you? The second tweet about fluoride sounds like the same crap you spout.

https://twitter.com/newsworthy_ie/status/1096794553846239232

(Btw I'm loving this newsworthy twitter account. It just posts up the bat**** crap that all the loons come out with)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Grayson wrote: »

(Btw I'm loving this newsworthy twitter account. It just posts up the bat**** crap that all the loons come out with)

Haha thats fantastic.

I love crazies.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,268 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Crazies are amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,750 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Is this you? The second tweet about fluoride sounds like the same crap you spout.

https://twitter.com/newsworthy_ie/status/1096794553846239232

That's quality.

How does she afford to run a car or buy clothes who gives these folks a job

A lot of them probably have some kind of subacute or actual mental illness.

We all have a responsibility to stop addressing these opinions as though they're genuine political positions - they are not. They are based entirely in delusion, and it wouldn't at all surprise me if many - or most - of these people were living in an ongoing state of delusion, in a medical context.

I think we should all reflect on what harm we might be causing by perpetuating this 'debate' with people who may very well lack insight into their own mental health. It's all very well to laugh at them, but in doing so, it's we who may be the greatest fools. At the very least, it might be for the best just to ignore these statements.

I have no time for these beliefs, but given the tenacity with which they are held, I don't believe that those advancing such beliefs are generally in the fullest of their mental health. And I don't think there's anything smart or funny about engaging with them, or making them a laughing stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,155 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

We all have a responsibility to stop addressing these opinions as though they're genuine political positions - they are not. They are based entirely in delusion, and it wouldn't at all surprise me if many - or most - of these people were living in an ongoing state of delusion, in a medical context.

I think we should all reflect on what harm we might be causing by perpetuating this 'debate' with people who may very well lack insight into their own mental health. It's all very well to laugh at them, but in doing so, it's we who may be the greatest fools. At the very least, it might be for the best just to ignore these statements.

I have no time for these beliefs, but given the tenacity with which they are held, I don't believe that those advancing such beliefs are generally in the fullest of their mental health. And I don't think there's anything smart or funny about engaging with them, or making them a laughing stock.

You could be right. But people believe some crazy stuff. I know people who are anti vaccination. They believe weird stuff about crystals and natural healing

One of them works for the place that sells this
    https://www.ishskoproducts.com/collections/gemstone-blueprint-essences/products/aquamarine-essence

Another has a job as an "arm". You know when one of those bull**** healers tries to find out what you're allergic to by giving you a vial of water in one hand and an electrode in the other? Well her job is to hold the persons hand in one hand and the electrode in the other. Because apparently having a person there makes it better somehow.

There's essential oils, that's essentially a cult based around quackery.

These are absolutely crazy ideas and there's many people out there who believe them. These people are otherwise perfectly rational.

So whereas you're right, people with issues tend to believe this stuff. I don't know if we can say that everyone who believes this stuff has issues. It may be that they've just gone so far down the rabbit hole that they've brainwashed themselves.

I love this clip on the jim jeffries show where a load of QAnon start talking. At one point you can see each of they say something so crazy that the others all look at the person talking with disbelief.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭one world order

It's difficult to accept there is an underlying evil controlling the world behind the scenes, so it is much easier to classify someone who questions what we are told through the MSM as having a mental illness. Listen not everyone has an open mind and willing to do their own research. Therefore classify me into the mental illness bracket if it makes you feel better but from a personal perspective, it has made me more self aware of what is going on in the world and the real intentions of bankers/governments/MSM and international organisations.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,488 ✭✭✭jackboy

Most people believe in some lunatic idea. Some of these ideas become mainstream and are generally seen as normal. Anyone who believes in religion, homeopathy or acupuncture are just as far down the rabbit hole as Gemma.

It's so easy to laugh, it's so easy to hate, it takes strength to be gentle and kind....

But yeah, fcuk these people.

It's difficult to accept there is an underlying evil controlling the world behind the scenes, so it is much easier to classify someone who questions what we are told through the MSM as having a mental illness. Listen not everyone has an open mind and willing to do their own research. Therefore classify me into the mental illness bracket if it makes you feel better but from a personal perspective, it has made me more self aware of what is going on in the world and the real intentions of bankers/governments/MSM and international organisations.

Will do

You could be right. But people believe some crazy stuff. I know people who are anti vaccination. They believe weird stuff about crystals and natural healing

One of them works for the place that sells this
    https://www.ishskoproducts.com/collections/gemstone-blueprint-essences/products/aquamarine-essence
    yeah, this is very difficult ground to navigate - probably even for people who work in the area of healthcare. Nobody can really tell, just by reading someone's online posts, whether they are exploiting their followers for attention (Some of whom almost certainly have delusional beliefs), or whether they themselves have characteristics of paranoia or delusion.

One thing I think most of us can agree on, though, is that such beliefs shouldn't be approached as if they are legitimate political differences, or in any way legitimised.

Personally I think it's best to exercise caution when dealing with people who seem convinced that chem trails are real, that fluoridation is a government conspiracy, or whatever - just the same as if I met someone in the park who told me the FBI were bugging his house.

We all have limits to our patience though, I don't blame anyone for losing their patience with high-profile conspiracy theorists. I've often done that, but I think it's usually better to assume there's a deeper personal problem, and not engage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭PhoneMain

Poor woman is getting worse. She think's Wind farms are part of some globalist scam now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 408 ✭✭SoundsRight

PhoneMain wrote: »
    Poor woman is getting worse. She think's Wind farms are part of some globalist scam now.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/2017/05/wind-turbines-are-neither-clean-nor-green-and-they-provide-zero-global-energy/

Wind energy is a pipe dream. It'll never supply enough to meet demand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Remember the furore a few years ago when gardai gave a hiding to protestors outside Leinster House? Especially as the guards had removed their numbers. Good times.

Fecking were good times.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,932 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

listermint wrote: »
    That's quality.

How does she afford to run a car or buy clothes who gives these folks a job

She makes money from her youtube channel and she has other sites like patreon for the public to donate to her. They do.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

There is a mini industry in batsh1t crazy right wing conspiracy theories. Get a decent number of followers, mention God, be pro trump, anti immigration and anti abortion. The other crazies start donating and funding you. It's a business model.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,932 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

20Cent wrote: »
    There is a mini industry in batsh1t crazy right wing conspiracy theories. Get a decent number of followers, mention God, be pro trump, anti immigration and anti abortion. The other crazies start donating and funding you. It's a business model.

And youtube love it too. Much as she maligned google she couldnt really exist without

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭NinetyForNone

She makes money from her youtube channel and she has other sites like patreon for the public to donate to her. They do.
    Does she make money from YouTube? What advertisers would support her?

She was successful in an unfair dismissal case against Independent newspaper. After 18 years working there, say it would have to had been substantial settlement.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,228 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

with 13K subscribers i doubt she is living off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

One day Gemma heads to the joy and looks for support of Ben Gilroy in his attempts to stop lenders from securing their own property.

The next day Gemma tweets about how unfair the mortgage rates are in Ireland - the highest in the eurozone.

We are asked to connect the dots, so follow the trail between the first issue and the second.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

with 13K subscribers i doubt she is living off it.

Yup. There are 15 year old with gaming channels set up this month with more subscribers.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

We already know that there is an extensive grey market industry out there whose purpose is to manipulate public opinion indirectly by providing funding over various channels.

These are companies who take funding from large corporates and wealthy businesspeople with specific mandates to downplay or deny climate change, drum up support for war, and push profit-making agendas. And so forth.

This sounds like something from a Bond novel, and almost like a conspiracy theory itself. But they exist, and we know they do because Cambridge Analytica exists.

It's well-known that facts aren't very good at influencing people. Confusion, doubt and fear are far more effective. You don't have to be able to prove that the other guy is wrong, you merely have to present the possibility that he is.
    Thus, a lot of their funding goes into spreading these things. And useful idiots like Gemma are one delivery mechanism of it. It doesn't matter what Gemma is actually saying. All that matters is that she plants seeds of doubt.

So they fund it. Throw ten grand at her through patreon, keep her going for a few months.

If they have €10m to spend in Europe, they can fund 40 Gemmas in every EU country. Pick the right loudmouths and 40 can sound like 40,000.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

seamus wrote: »
    We already know that there is an extensive grey market industry out there whose purpose is to manipulate public opinion indirectly by providing funding over various channels.

These are companies who take funding from large corporates and wealthy businesspeople with specific mandates to downplay or deny climate change, drum up support for war, and push profit-making agendas. And so forth.

This sounds like something from a Bond novel, and almost like a conspiracy theory itself. But they exist, and we know they do because Cambridge Analytica exists.

It's well-known that facts aren't very good at influencing people. Confusion, doubt and fear are far more effective. You don't have to be able to prove that the other guy is wrong, you merely have to present the possibility that he is.
    Thus, a lot of their funding goes into spreading these things. And useful idiots like Gemma are one delivery mechanism of it. It doesn't matter what Gemma is actually saying. All that matters is that she plants seeds of doubt.

So they fund it. Throw ten grand at her through patreon, keep her going for a few months.

If they have €10m to spend in Europe, they can fund 40 Gemmas in every EU country. Pick the right loudmouths and 40 can sound like 40,000.

How distinct from that is the PR industry that we've had for over 100 years?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

CrankyHaus wrote: »
    How distinct from that is the PR industry that we've had for over 100 years?
    10,000 years even.

Although it came across that way, I wasn't intending to claim that this was a new phenomenon.

Even sermons from the altar could be considered an earlier form of shadowy propaganda - agendas dictated from the Vatican, to be repeated to a mass of followers in the form of honest priestly musings.

My point really is that the idea that Gemma O'D (and her ilk) are lone crusaders operating on the fringes of society is a bit flawed. The fact that she keeps cropping up anywhere, and gets an airing anywhere, is by design.

Same reason the Iona institute, despite being a fringe group of five or six zealots with no real qualifications to speak on most issues, get any airtime.

There is probably something unique about the current state of the propaganda industry in terms of the global scale of it, and its unprecedented access to individuals through phones. But ultimately the tricks and tactics are the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭one world order

It's batsh1t crazy because you're living in a bubble and you're none the wiser. I was like you about 2 years ago. Actually the bible is very good highlighting the evil at work in this world and a lot of the predictions made have been coming through. That's an area I would like to explore next, see what the illuminati are currently doing and what the bible says.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement