Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When did Gemma O Doherty go batshyt crazy?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,161 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Very possibly you are correct. My memory of the reason for the protest is a little hazy. I mostly remember the young guard who into trouble for removing his shoulder numbers before laying into protestors with a baton. And a proper old fashioned wooden baton at that, none of that modern ASP rubbish.

I remember video footage of it. They were just hippy types sitting around playing the bongos and the guards flew in with the truncheons out.

As a side note, years ago my Mum once locked her keys in the car. After about an hour there was a guard there and he said the only way he could think of getting into the car was to smash the small back window. My mum reluctantly said yes. So a teetowl was held over the window and the guard whacked it with his wooden truncheon. It snapped at the handle. The guard looked so sad. I remember him saying "I've had that for 20 years".

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Den14

Gemma's not right about everything but she's right about a lot of stuff. And she got google to back down, which was a serious achievement in itself. tbh, she made a video yesterday pointing out their sweetheart tax deals, so I'd say head office said "do whatever you need to do to shut that down". Just remember, the issue that her channel was taken down over was over her having a picture of Mary Boyle in her background. A local FF politician shut down this investigation before it had begun. Gemma reported this fact, but RTE didn't.

Most people are fine to just sit back and listen to what RTE tells them and be a good little citizen, not questioning anything they are told. I think calling Gemma a nutter just makes them feel better about themselves, because seeing somebody who takes action might make them feel inferior , given what little action they have taken about anything in their own life.

Your playing to a hard crowd here. TBH I think your points are valid it's just you may find it hard to get many to agree with you in this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

She's gone full Alex Jones.

It's only a matter of time before she's selling fake dick pills, brain supplements and water purification kits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

Den14 wrote: »
    Your playing to a hard crowd here. TBH I think your points are valid it's just you may find it hard to get many to agree with you in this forum.

Seriously doubt that. Looking at the threads here, there are many who share the right wing view of Gemma. Thankfully there are also others who respond with facts and figures to counter the sensationalism of what the likes of Gemma projects.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,254 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Den14 wrote: »

The ignore list grows ever longer...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Mr Jinx

Gemma's not right about everything but she's right about a lot of stuff. And she got google to back down, which was a serious achievement in itself. tbh, she made a video yesterday pointing out their sweetheart tax deals, so I'd say head office said "do whatever you need to do to shut that down". Just remember, the issue that her channel was taken down over was over her having a picture of Mary Boyle in her background. A local FF politician shut down this investigation before it had begun. Gemma reported this fact, but RTE didn't.

Where's the evidence she got Google to back down?? because she said so? Her type are the best at fake news.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,022 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Mr Jinx wrote: »
    Where's the evidence she got Google to back down?? because she said so? Her type are the best at fake news.

Because she said so..... :pac:

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭7aubzxk43m2sni

Birneybau wrote: »
    The ignore list grows ever longer...

Good man, ignore anyone who doesn't agree exactly with your worldview, that's productive.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I feel a little bit of sympathy for Gemma.
    I hope she receives the psychiatric treatment she needs.
    It could happen to anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭one world order

I feel a little bit of sympathy for Gemma.
    I hope she receives the psychiatric treatment she needs.
    It could happen to anyone.

Funny watching people not being able to stomach the truth, so instead they use insults or in this case pretending to be sympathetic and saying the other person is not well. I guess some people are happy to go along with whatever the mainstream media tells them and put anything else down as a conspiracy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

Most people are fine to just sit back and listen to what RTE tells them and be a good little citizen, not questioning anything they are told. I think calling Gemma a nutter just makes them feel better about themselves, because seeing somebody who takes action might make them feel inferior , given what little action they have taken about anything in their own life.

Are you just ignoring the fact that even Mary Boyles family have asked her not to be using her picture?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,369 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Funny watching people not being able to stomach the truth, so instead they use insults or in this case pretending to be sympathetic and saying the other person is not well. I guess some people are happy to go along with whatever the mainstream media tells them and put anything else down as a conspiracy.

While others just think every bit of research/news is false and believe whatever unicorn fart nonsense O'Doherty tweets out :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

She tweeted the other day that Storm Erik was fake.
    She is full on Alex Jones now. I'm blocked by her since asking questions early in the Presidential campaign. But I can view her tweets via mobile site not logged on.
    She had a photo of a Garda at Google and accused him of assault. I hope he sues her.

pjohnson wrote: »
    While others just think every bit of research/news is false and believe whatever unicorn fart nonsense O'Doherty tweets out :pac:

Nope, keep an open mind, hear both sides and make an informed decision. Saying she's batshlt crazy or unicorn fart shows a lack of counter argument.

gman2k wrote: »
    She tweeted the other day that Storm Erik was fake.
    She is full on Alex Jones now. I'm blocked by her since asking questions early in the Presidential campaign. But I can view her tweets via mobile site not logged on.
    She had a photo of a Garda at Google and accused him of assault. I hope he sues her.

Okay, but I would still listen to what she says and decide myself what is right or wrong. Definitely wouldn't label someone as crazy or a unicorn because I don't agree with their viewpoint. Granted she sensationalises some things but other things are worth thinking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Okay, but I would still listen to what she says and decide myself what is right or wrong. Definitely wouldn't label someone as crazy or a unicorn because I don't agree with their viewpoint. Granted she sensationalises some things but other things are worth thinking about.

I did, and she's bat**** crazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Some opinions aren't worth your time.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Okay, but I would still listen to what she says and decide myself what is right or wrong. Definitely wouldn't label someone as crazy or a unicorn because I don't agree with their viewpoint.

Why not? Not all opinions are equal and right now, Gemma's are up there with the crazies who wander around barking at walls and mumbling to themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,254 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Good man, ignore anyone who doesn't agree exactly with your worldview, that's productive.

No, you're right. It's very entertaining. But Gemma actually blocked me on Twitter when I asked her if she knew what the President of Ireland ACTUALLY could do. So, irony I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

Why do the nutters always claim they’re ‘being silenced’?
    Usually in the middle of uploading their 5000th youtube video that week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

I'm convinced that second beardy guy is the same one who has started this fake "myoptions" website.

Total anti choice nutter anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Can you clarify, do you think there's a Zionist plot to take over the globe? Do you even believe in the holocaust?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 746 ✭✭✭GinAndBitter

Why not? Not all opinions are equal and right now, Gemma's are up there with the crazies who wander around barking at walls and mumbling to themselves.

That's a lovely way to speak about the mentally ill.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,022 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Nope, keep an open mind, hear both sides and make an informed decision. Saying she's batshlt crazy or unicorn fart shows a lack of counter argument.

The thing is the arguments she makes are extreme, bigoted, far right, crazy, lacking in evidence and pretty much tin foil hattery. Like when examining an argument you look at the source of it. Gemma is an unreliable source. There is no point listening to Gemma with an objective open mind when she is just gone completely bonkers in her racism, xenophobia, anti semitism, transphobia, homophobia world view. Lets face it. She is gone full on Trumpesque fascist.

I have made an informed decision on her arguments. They are hateful bigotry.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 20,928 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

She's not an alternative, she's simply realised she can monatize her thoughts on her choice of media, she's not the only one.

Her buddy moneleux is a dangerous ****er too "speaking as a philosopher..." no you're not you're a racist by definition....
    And I'm not even a fan of Islam or open borders

That's a lovely way to speak about the mentally ill.
    I hope this doesn't sound condescending, but at this stage, I don't think we should discount the idea that G'OD should seek some medical assistance.

I say that as someone who knows people living with various disorders involving paranoia, not saying it to insult or disparage her. I remember her appearing on TV before her very public firing from the Indo, and she was a rock of sense. Something has gone terribly wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Odhinn

I've heard all of the freeman/"global marxist" bollocks I have the time for. The results are in and it doesn't look good for Mrs O'Doherty. That being said, she seems made for J Waters and I hope they settle well together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

I hope this doesn't sound condescending, but at this stage, I don't think we should discount the idea that G'OD should seek some medical assistance.

I say that as someone who knows people living with various disorders involving paranoia, not saying it to insult or disparage her. I remember her appearing on TV before her very public firing from the Indo, and she was a rock of sense. Something has gone terribly wrong.

Chances are she wouldn't seek it voluntarily, and it seems like the people she is knocking around with won't be knocking down Mensa's doors soon.
    Also the mouth breathing oxygen thieves who lap up the conspiracy nonsense are only enabling her.

Ipso wrote: »
    Chances are she wouldn't seek it voluntarily, and it seems like the people she is knocking around with won't be knocking down Mensa's doors soon.
    Also the mouth breathing oxygen thieves who lap up the conspiracy nonsense are only enabling her.
    Yeah, apparently that's the nature of paranoia disorders. Those who live with such disorders have no insight into their problems. It's inevitably friends and family who have to seek medical assistance.

On the one hand it feels wrong to mention this, I'm not a doctor and I have no idea if it has any relevance. On the other hand, there's absolutely nothing wrong with having such a disorder and it's nothing to be ashamed about.

I just find it strange that GO'D has gone from being such a sensible journalist to endorsing every kind of conspiracy theory that is out there.

• Advertisement

batgoat wrote: »
    Can you clarify, do you think there's a Zionist plot to take over the globe? Do you even believe in the holocaust?

More a secret society with structured layers depending on persons rank. New recruits can come from various areas such as freemasonry, Muslim brotherhood, Zionist groups etc. Ultimate long term goal is control of the world. To do this they turn morals upside down and achieve order through chaos. Ronald Bernard gave a good description what these people get up to and how they exert control over the world.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement