Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Operation Transformation 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Reality TV isn't the place for empathy unfortunately. If Operation Transformation was a magazine show with weekly health tips, exercises and instead of plucking leaders, set out the exercise and diet plan, maybe cook a dinner live on the programme and then invite people on to show their progress and stories. Then it might be more relevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

That guy has been working that shop since he was 12 years old, he knows nothing different nor does his mam. It's been instilled on him since that age to take up the mantle of man of the house when really he was only a kid trying to deal with the loss of his father. It was clear he got no emotional support his mam admitted losing herself in the business

He was literally thrown in at the deep end and he's now seriously struggling to balance it all and I think that day off last week along with all the OT commitments nearly sent him over the edge stress wise

I think we've no idea the pressure on him (least I don't anyway as a PAYE worker)

What really resonated with me was his "but who supports me" I often feel like that. You're everything to everyone but when the chips are down and I need a shoulder.. It's never there. You can feel very alone and stressed as a result

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭Marengo

A few are to run into half way through bother tonight. Yer lady from Youghal should be in there!

Leo jogs but could have a bit of body fat from the top quality meals etc.

This sounds a bit racist but a few in work were saying a trait in Polish people is always being right. I never heard it before?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,581 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Marengo wrote: »
    This sounds a bit racist but a few in work were saying a trait in Polish people is always being right. I never heard it before?

There are some Irish like that, in fairness.
    I think that'd be a random trait, probably environmental rather than geographical.

There are some Irish like that, in fairness.
    I think that'd be a random trait, probably environmental rather than geographical.

Of course. Could be a historical thing too. Constant fight for nationhood between two strong powers in Germany and Russia.

We may have a bit of that too. Plus we have the post colonial trait of trying to do the system :)

The state of this wan's house does my head in. Sorry I can't abide her.

Jaysus that fella in the group with Karl was the spit of Pele!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭Azatadine

Dirty hellhole. I can't stand her either even listening to her annoys me.

• Advertisement

In fairness, she seems happy and so do her children.
    A spotlessly clean house does not equal a happy home.

And fair play, she has stayed off the cigarettes, that's no easy task.

It's a personal thing. You can have some level of cleanliness and be happy too. That's just dirtiness. Stairs covered in crisps, dogs everywhere.. No way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭Icsics

But what's with the pile of clothes on the kitchen table? Kitchen is chaotic, no wonder she dropped plates on her foot!

Icsics wrote: »
    But what's with the pile of clothes on the kitchen table? Kitchen is chaotic, no wonder she dropped plates on her foot!

Yeah, how could you leave the place like that while knowing that the place is being filmed.

Like this girl. She looks well. A few side shots show she has plenty to go but she strikes me as someone who'll get there.

She is lovely and very pretty.
    I think she'll get there in time.

Eddie is very probing with her over others.. And she's a good leader.

The panel selling their trade.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

You'd really have to wonder how bad the house is when the cameras for OT aren't there as you'd assume she has done some form of cleanup.

Good enough for Leo!

Ha! Poor Leo :) Claudia Carroll and Micheal O'M doing well. The later walks a lot still. Some man.

• Advertisement

That flipping Eddie is a shockng spoofer.

Azatadine wrote: »
    That flipping Eddie is a shockng spoofer.

I never noticed it as much as I am tonight. What was that rant to the golden haired Principal about?

She's solid mentally, didn't need that psychobabble.

Icsics wrote: »
    Good enough for Leo!

Didn't take it well, 'what's the science behind it'!

Talking to Teresa May raises your metabolic age by 12 years :D

Good man Eddie :D

Jean's smile is lovely :)

This man is developing a bit of a chip. Started out liking him but now..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Very little sympathy from his mother there - thought she could have reacted better.

The 'potentiality'. Jaysus Eddie potential would do..making it up as you go along.

All about Eddie this week...wonder is he gearing up for a Seanad run again?

• Advertisement

Very little sympathy from his mother there - thought she could have reacted better.

When Noel said he had no one to talk to, straight to his wife, I thought that was harsh on her.

His mam seems a bit cold alright.

Advertisement