Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Operation Transformation 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Dakota Dan wrote:
    It measures your weight and they grip two handles with their hands, somehow I doubt it would be accurate.

Similar to their super duper new scales that seems to be able to differentiate between muscle weight and fat weight.

I'd say like a lot of info peddled on the show its on shakey grounds at best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭Marengo

Similar to their super duper new scales that seems to be able to differentiate between muscle weight and fat weight.

I'd say it mightn't be that inaccurate. You could pick out the toned people who did well and i felt Leo is a bit soft looking. His exercise mightn't be too intense and his eating habits probably not great with all those 3-7 course meals :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 282 ✭✭Anthonylfc

Carl Henry said on one of their leaders as she lost 2 lbs

you gained 4lbs of muscle this week so thats why its not showing a bigger loss

it is PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE to gain that

Based on all of this, here's how fast you can expect to build muscle on average: Average Natural MAN: between 0.25 and 0.5 pounds of muscle per week (or about 1-2 pounds of muscle gained per month). Average Natural WOMAN: between 0.12 – 0.25 pounds of muscle per week (or about 0.5-1 pound of muscle gained per month)

so how is he allowed to spout that bullcrap when he is on national tv

Marengo wrote:
    I'd say it mightn't be that inaccurate. You could pick out the toned people who did well and i felt Leo is a bit soft looking. His exercise mightn't be too intense and his eating habits probably not great with all those 3-7 course meals

From your post above can I ask how they measured your body fat?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

road_high wrote: »
    I’ve thought those two oddballs from the first show. I’d say they’d be something else to work for. Total misers

I thought the same about the two shopkeepers, there is a real vibe of 'fumble in a greasy till, add the halfpence to the pence' about them. In the first few episodes I thought the reason he was working 7 days a week was because the shop was struggling. But last night he said when his brothers were kids he brought them to see Man Utd, to Disneyworld and on skiing holidays, none of which are cheap holidays. It seems like the shop makes decent money but he is working those god awful hours because his mother expects him to and she thinks his father did it before him so he should do it too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Aprilanon

what did Paul's father die of, did they say? Seems like his mother is just refusing to see that her son gets no time for his 'new' family......I feel very sorry for his wife, she's just being left to rear the kids on her own while hubby panders up to whatever Mammy wants.
    Not good enough in this day & age in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,734 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Anthonylfc wrote: »

Based on all of this, here's how fast you can expect to build muscle on average: Average Natural MAN: between 0.25 and 0.5 pounds of muscle per week (or about 1-2 pounds of muscle gained per month). Average Natural WOMAN: between 0.12 – 0.25 pounds of muscle per week (or about 0.5-1 pound of muscle gained per month)

Not even with the perfect combination of steroids would you gain that kind of muscle in a week. That shjte he was spouting made him sound like a leader from slimming world

• Registered Users Posts: 8,098 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Marengo wrote: »
    I did the metabollic age test..for the bol*ix at lunch:D I'm 43.

What did you have to do for it?

I did the metabollic age test..for the bol*ix at lunch:D I'm 43.

If that body fat % is accurate you must be fairly lean, as in 6 pack lean.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

jvan wrote: »
    Leo Varadkar (40) 'surprised' to hear he has fitness level of 53-year-old on Operation Transformation

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/leo-varadkar-40-surprised-to-hear-he-has-fitness-level-of-53yearold-on-operation-transformation-37790924.html

The media picking up on it. Fair play to him actually going on television the way he did. If his reading is 53 I'd hate to see what some of the more unhealthy TDs would be.

Leo might need a nurse quicker than he thinks :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Augeo wrote: »

Im keg lean

Im keg lean

If you're keg lean then 10% ish bodyfat isn't accurate :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

Aprilanon wrote: »
    what did Paul's father die of, did they say? Seems like his mother is just refusing to see that her son gets no time for his 'new' family......I feel very sorry for his wife, she's just being left to rear the kids on her own while hubby panders up to whatever Mammy wants.
    Not good enough in this day & age in my opinion.

Septicaemia, I think.

Anthonylfc wrote:

When your audience are uninformed you can say all sorts of $hite, just look at BREXIT.

From your post above can I ask how they measured your body fat?

Scales and lady had calipers and tape

batistuta9 wrote: »
    What did you have to do for it?

Weight, height. Scales. Calipers at waist, biceps etc. Tape measurements.

Augeo wrote: »

I'm fit enough and have had a good diet for 15 years or so. I'm usually 13% but am in the shape of my life at present.

The more I see of Paul I see a very self centred man. If he thought a bit less about himself and was a bit kinder to his wife, who seems like a real lady, he might be a bit happier in himself. For all the fumbling in the greasy til as one poster eloquently put it, he's deeply unhappy.

I know people who have had a parent die young, it's awfully traumatic, but you can't use it as a fall back for all life's problems.

Marengo wrote:
    I'm fit enough and have had a good diet for 15 years or so. I'm usually 13% but am in the shape of my life at present.

Fair play to you @ 14 stone and 10% body fat you wouldn't look out of place on the cover of men's health magazine

Marengo wrote:
    Weight, height. Scales. Calipers at waist, biceps etc. Tape measurements.

If they're doing the above then the fancy machine is just a nice gimmick.

I've still heard enough bro science spouted on the show over the years to take their "experts" with a large pinch of salt.

• Advertisement

Fair play to you @ 14 stone and 10% body fat you wouldn't look out of place on the cover of men's health magazine

Ah now. V kind!. I do a lot of physical work too on the farm, I'm lifting and lugging a lot, esp 6-10am. In the fields in summer I'm pulling ragwort, picking stones etc.

Combo of that, running, cycling, diet and genes like my dad. I tend to push myself too hard at sport, dehydrated myself cycling a few times etc.

If they're doing the above then the fancy machine is just a nice gimmick.

I've still heard enough bro science spouted on the show over the years to take their "experts" with a large pinch of salt.

This lady wasn't the norm. Brother got it done in another pharmacy and only scales. I got measured to one tenth of an inch height wise. Bare feet etc.

That was a load of nonsense, surprised he came out with it. He's usually better than that.

That was a load of nonsense, surprised he came out with it. He's usually better than that.

So was i

Looks like he could do losing a bit himself tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Kathryn Thomas is a good ole diplomat, smoothing things over with Aggie.
    They should both ignore social media and get on with it, don’t read all the ****e especially for Cathal.

I got a LinkedIn request from Eddie this week. Never met him in my life. Not in his line of business. The only thing in common is we're both from Laois!!

And I have a small network on it. What is he up to??

Defo something going on...he was on the Nurse bandwagon for a photo opp there today at Portlaoise Hospital.

I’m watching last nights episode- Eddie now quoting Freud- holy jaysus. Fair play to Dr Sumi for shutting him up

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭QuiteInterestin

Muahahaha wrote: »
    I thought the same about the two shopkeepers, there is a real vibe of 'fumble in a greasy till, add the halfpence to the pence' about them. In the first few episodes I thought the reason he was working 7 days a week was because the shop was struggling. But last night he said when his brothers were kids he brought them to see Man Utd, to Disneyworld and on skiing holidays, none of which are cheap holidays. It seems like the shop makes decent money but he is working those god awful hours because his mother expects him to and she thinks his father did it before him so he should do it too.

Think he mentioned in the first episode that he worked away from home in a bank before returning home to run the shop so maybe it was then he brought them on holidays?

Jesus tense between Paul and the ma. Little unfair of him to blame her for being the way he is. Must be a bit of a backstory going on.

• Advertisement

road_high wrote: »
    Jesus tense between Paul and the ma. Little unfair of him to blame her for being the way he is. Must be a bit of a backstory going on.

Two sour heads on both of them. I'd say you're right.

Advertisement