Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Operation Transformation 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Does Karl Henry be injecting his cheeks with botox or something

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Happy4all wrote: »
    Marriage breaker

I actually thought Aoife was really stirring things up there.

Their child isn't overweight and I can totally understand the mother wanting to also share Polish cuisine with her own child.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Does Karl Henry be injecting his cheeks with botox or something

Yeah I was thinking that - his bum as way too pert

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

KT looks terrible

That orange dress is clashing with her face brutal altogether.

Sam Hain wrote: »
    Paul is the spit of his mum. Same face, same body. Only difference is that he has a different hairstyle and marginally bigger bosom

His cheeks are fairly plump, I wonder will he be able to get the plumpness out of them?

• Advertisement

Anyone else think that your wand wedding dress was brutal? Was there any back to it? Then Karl the gobs1te in awe of it, Jaysus.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Dakota Dan wrote: »
    Anyone else think that your wand wedding dress was brutal? Was there any back to it? Then Karl the gobs1te in awe of it, Jaysus.

I’m no dress expert but I thought it looked desperate- totally wrong style and fit for her. Even if she’s a bit slimmer I don’t think it’ll look great

I can only imagine that there will be more issues with the wife next week.

I’d say there’s non stop issues with that “princess”. She came across as horribly unsupportive tonight- Aoife was dead right- you do need a whole family approach as far as possible for this to work, particularly in Cathals case where he needs massive work and support.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭Icsics

road_high wrote: »
    I’m no dress expert but I thought it looked desperate- totally wrong style and fit for her. Even if she’s a bit slimmer I don’t think it’ll look great

Thought it was more like a summer dress. OT jump on a story & flog it...I'd put money on the teacher going back to taekwon do or whatever it was next week...& she'll be delighted she did! And it'll be very emotional!

Is Karl really saying she gained 3.4 lbs of muscle in a week??? :eek::eek: Does he actually believe that's possible?

It's not just fluctuation / margine of error on the machine. Oh no.

They seem to be mellowing this year any other year and she’d be lambasted by them. If you are overweight you are not going to gain muscle at the early stages of weight loss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,998 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

mloc123 wrote: »
    The whole show is bull**** anyway. It is an 8 week crash diet that is not sustainable by any of the contestants.

I'd like to see RTe do a follow-up, to see how all the leaders from the past shows have done.

Then again, if it was to show a large % of them have fallen off the wagon, it hardly shows OT in a good light.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I actually thought Aoife was really stirring things up there.

Their child isn't overweight and I can totally understand the mother wanting to also share Polish cuisine with her own child.
    I thought Aoife's point was taken and blown completely out of proportion on both sides.
    Surely Aoife realises that it was only week one of OT - the child is what 2 or 3 years of age. At that age some kids either eat everything that is handed to them or they get fixated on one food and want it for breakfast, dinner and tea. Sometimes getting kids at that age to eat can be a battle. Give the child another few weeks and she'll probably get curious as to what Daddy is eating.
    On the wife's side - she seemed to take it as an insult to her traditional food and cooking and I don't think that's what Aoife meant. I think there are more issues going on there than what the child eats but that's between Cathal and Agi and I think it was unfair of OT to play that out on national tv.
    If the team behind OT have any sense and want to give this guy a fair chance - they should sit down with them both and work out a food plan that is going to incorporate polish food into his meal plan - it's an Irish/Polish household and this should be taken into account if weight loss is to continue when the cameras stop rolling.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,207 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I've moved the OT 2019 thread from main TV forum to here and merged it with the one.

Actually just on the meal plans - this year they have admitted twice (and we are only what 2 or 3 weeks in) that the meal plan might not be working for someone in that they are not getting enough calories. Then we have the issue of a meal plan not taking any account of nationalities in the house. I clicked onto the website - do they not each have their own plan? - cos it's just showing the same dinner today for each and a range of breakfast, lunches and snack to chose from, the same for all participants.

NIMAN wrote: »
    I'd like to see RTe do a follow-up, to see how all the leaders from the past shows have done.

Then again, if it was to show a large % of them have fallen off the wagon, it hardly shows OT in a good light.
    This! I think they did a follow up show for maybe the 10th anniversary. They should every year do a number of follow on programs, a one hour special every quarter or something. Keep the leaders focussed and accountable and keep the nation on board. I've seen first hand people all getting out walking, etc when OT is on - and as soon as the show is over then they stop.

I follow a couple of past participants on social media (Siobhan from 2014 and Sean from 2017). Both of them are exercising regularly and mindful of what they eat. They talk of weight gains and losses, it's not plain sailing but it's part of their life. Killian from OT 2012 is a regular runner and writes for Irish runner magazine. I met David from OT 2018 briefly at parkrun recently and didn't know who he was until after.

But I have seen one participant from a few years ago and he seemed to do well for the first year but now he looks to be the same size he was when he went onto the show.

Being on this show is essentially rock bottom, they've all presumably tried to lose weight before or at least think that they've tried.

If you need this show to get your sh1t together to lose some weight (and the lads on the show are losing 5lbs/week+ when consuming 2000kcals/day, that suggests they were consuming 5000kcals/day+ to date) the odds are really stacked against you longterm in one way but surely they'll pick up the concept of what goes in is directly proportional to bodyweight which should stand them in good stead.

The lad working every day in the shop is fooked longterm IMO, a lad who is his mammies right hand man effectively. No balls or gumption. Afraid to take a day off to spend with his family. It's a fooking shop like, it won't go to sh1t in one day.

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    I thought Aoife's point was taken and blown completely out of proportion on both sides.
    Surely Aoife realises that it was only week one of OT - the child is what 2 or 3 years of age. At that age some kids either eat everything that is handed to them or they get fixated on one food and want it for breakfast, dinner and tea. Sometimes getting kids at that age to eat can be a battle. Give the child another few weeks and she'll probably get curious as to what Daddy is eating.
    On the wife's side - she seemed to take it as an insult to her traditional food and cooking and I don't think that's what Aoife meant. I think there are more issues going on there than what the child eats but that's between Cathal and Agi and I think it was unfair of OT to play that out on national tv.
    If the team behind OT have any sense and want to give this guy a fair chance - they should sit down with them both and work out a food plan that is going to incorporate polish food into his meal plan - it's an Irish/Polish household and this should be taken into account if weight loss is to continue when the cameras stop rolling.

It’s obviously added drama, she didn’t want to talk in front of the camera yet when they left and the camera crew stayed behind she had no problem sitting down in front of the camera and talked no about it.

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    This! I think they did a follow up show for maybe the 10th anniversary. They should every year do a number of follow on programs, a one hour special every quarter or something. Keep the leaders focussed and accountable and keep the nation on board. I've seen first hand people all getting out walking, etc when OT is on - and as soon as the show is over then they stop.

I follow a couple of past participants on social media (Siobhan from 2014 and Sean from 2017). Both of them are exercising regularly and mindful of what they eat. They talk of weight gains and losses, it's not plain sailing but it's part of their life. Killian from OT 2012 is a regular runner and writes for Irish runner magazine. I met David from OT 2018 briefly at parkrun recently and didn't know who he was until after.

But I have seen one participant from a few years ago and he seemed to do well for the first year but now he looks to be the same size he was when he went onto the show.

I see a few former contestants around and they are still overweight, I’d say only a very small percentage keep up the weight loss.

Icsics wrote: »
    Thought it was more like a summer dress. OT jump on a story & flog it...I'd put money on the teacher going back to taekwon do or whatever it was next week...& she'll be delighted she did! And it'll be very emotional!

Yea they have to get an emotional dramatic angle- apart from Jean I think they’ve been struggling this year for that line.
    The guy from Sligo and the teacher girl aren’t particularly riveting tv to watch this year.

I see a few former contestants around and they are still overweight, I’d say only a very small percentage keep up the weight loss.

That’s terrible. I think the name is all wrong too- you can’t really “transform”in just a month or two. I’ve seen the big final episode with the fashion show and thinking some of them still had a major journey to go yet- they didn’t seem to emphasize that but it’s reality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 282 ✭✭Anthonylfc

fecking hate Kateryn Thomas , my god what a wretch

is she the only woman we have to do these type of shows ??

karl henry so far in the closet he's in narnia

that shop owners wife wasn't bad looking , there is hope for us all

road_high wrote: »
    That’s terrible. I think the name is all wrong too- you can’t really “transform”in just a month or two. I’ve seen the big final episode with the fashion show and thinking some of them still had a major journey to go yet- they didn’t seem to emphasize that but it’s reality.

Indeed, realistically a few pounds a week (at most) lost for 6 months is what's needed...... that'd be 5 or 6 stone.
    Anthonylfc wrote: »

that shop owners wife wasn't bad looking , there is hope for us all

I'd say the €€€€€s were a factor there :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,045 ✭✭✭prunudo

I can see both sides of the Aoife and Agi argument. Nobody likes being told you're parenting skills are wrong especially in their own home and surely it is better to have their child eat at the same time every day rather than waiting for the shift working father to come home from work. Aoife should have delivered her message better and maybe there might have been an element of lost of translation in both language and cultural differences.

One thing is for sure though, it shouldn't have been aired the way it was. The show is about Cathal loosing weight not about the struggles in his family life.

At least Kathleen is after dropping the over the top excitement when a contestant hits their target weight loss.

I hope they don't just abdandon Cathal after it's over- he definitely needs support ongoing and intensive support. I could see him falling off the wagon for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭Azatadine

At least Kathleen is after dropping the over the top excitement when a contestant hits their target weight loss.

That used to drive me bananas!!!

KT has a face like haunted tupperware

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭flazio

There are some really horrible people in this forum. :(

• Advertisement

flazio wrote: »
    There are some really horrible people in this forum. :(

sorry Katheryn Thomas :)

Advertisement