Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Operation Transformation 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

flazio wrote: »
    There are some really horrible people in this forum. :(

Ah well if you put yourself in the public eye you have to take criticism as well as praise. You should head over to the OT Facebook page where the glorification is abundant.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,581 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

I've only just seen this week's episode.
    Cathal has an uphill battle, and I'm not talking about on the scales.
    Likewise with Paul, I can't imagine how hard it must be for his wife and family when he's working those hours- makes no sense.

I feel it'd be better, if they showed this for the 8 weeks. Then mentored and supported the people off camera for another 8 weeks, then back on TV for another perhaps month or so.
    8 weeks is too short to make any sort of significant permanent change to one's habits.

For the record, I think Kathryn Thomas looks great.
    She has a young baby and none of the excuses that too many people have for still having their baby weight 20 years later.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

For the record, I think Kathryn Thomas looks great.
    She has a young baby and none of the excuses that too many people have for still having their baby weight 20 years later.

That orange dress and clashing makeup with the big black false eyelashes didn't do her any favours this week. Nobody said she was carrying baby weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

So her target this week was 2lbs and it is 3lbs next week even though they are doing the same plan every week as far as I know? Weight loss is not linear anyway, but if they are going to set a target you would think it would stay the same, or reduce to take account of their weight loss already etc. rather than increasing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Jesus he runs a shop, not MI6.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭Marengo

Poor Sligo man is feeling very low.

Jesus he runs a shop, not MI6.

All relative though if you're worn down and mental health effected.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭Icsics

KT looking brutal again this week, make up is particularly bad

Icsics wrote: »
    KT looking brutal again this week, make up is particularly bad

She's fit athletically but sometimes it actually makes you look older when body fat is low.

Think she's toned down a bit for the better? Presenting wise.

Marengo wrote: »
    All relative though if you're worn down and mental health effected.

Absolutely agree, I like him, he seems like a lovely person but a little perspective is needed. He is burned out but he needs to realise a day off won’t close his business and rely on the staff he has to do a good enough job not to need him on scene for just one day a week.

• Advertisement

It's a sad reality that so many people are unhappy. For millions of reasons, many which are out of our control.

Life is tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,581 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

I don't understand how anyone gets to 18 stone.
    Surely you get to 14/15stone, and feel your clothes tightening, and think, "hey, I need to do something about this."
    Or is it easier to buy the next size up, than to take a look at yourself in a mirror?

Marengo wrote: »
    She's fit athletically but sometimes it actually makes you look older when body fat is low.

Think she's toned down a bit for the better? Presenting wise.

I think she’s fabulous but it’s the make up that’s totally askew with the role she’s taking in here. She seems to be in night club make up while the other women on the panel have much more natural make up.

Absolutely agree, I like him, he seems like a lovely person but a little perspective is needed. He is burned out but he needs to realise a day off won’t close his business and rely on the staff he has to do a good enough job not to need him on scene for just one day a week.

Yes. When you get into bad habits and can't see the woods from the trees. Good man alright.

This 'luder' from Youghal wrecks my head!!

I don't understand how anyone gets to 18 stone.
    Surely you get to 14/15stone, and feel your clothes tightening, and think, "hey, I need to do something about this."
    Or is it easier to buy the next size up, than to take a look at yourself in a mirror?

I agree. Bar maybe you had some serious tough stuff going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

That's a classic example of a micro manager

All waiting for angry Aggie from Poland!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭Icsics

Those dogs jumping all over everything & everyone are disgusting

Icsics wrote: »
    Those dogs jumping all over everything & everyone are disgusting

The house is dirty really.

Aggie and the Donegal man have serious issues beyond weight loss..and from a health perspective his need is greatest. Needs 100% support.

He's a gentle sort too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Maybe our family is unusual, but you'd never get the 4 of us sitting at dinner at the same time during the week. Try to always do it at weekends, but even then it's not always possible. Maybe they really mean it for young kids, but between GAA, running, swimming etc. and adults running etc. we never can arrange that!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,044 ✭✭✭prunudo

PauloMN wrote: »
    Maybe our family is unusual, but you'd never get the 4 of us sitting at dinner at the same time during the week. Try to always do it at weekends, but even then it's not always possible. Maybe they really mean it for young kids, but between GAA, running, swimming etc. and adults running etc. we never can arrange that!

And unfortunately with the way modern families are going with both parents working, long commutes etc Aoifes utopia ideas of eating together are far from reality.

Ps. Not saying she's wrong but the way society is going isn't right either but its just a fact of modern life.

Cathal looks like he's losing weight alright..keep it up man!

Banana buns should be a no, no here!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Marengo wrote:
    Banana buns should be a no, no here!

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

I really dislike the new doctor - she comes across as very cold or something.

Why?

Any sort of buns. Too much sugar etc.

He needs fruit and veg, meat. Not one fizzy drink, bar of chocolate etc. That would be my thinking, he needs to be getting healthy asap.

I really dislike the new doctor - she comes across as very cold or something.

Find her worse than Eva? Suppose Eva was more passionate.

Ciara Kelly.. I wasn't keen on her tbh. Loved herself and screen time.

Eddie is the Julian Benson of Operation transformation :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭Azatadine

I think that Eddie fella is a complete spoofer. He just looks and sounds "wrong" to me for some reason.

Advertisement