Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Operation Transformation 2019

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭Marengo

Icsics wrote: »
    All about Eddie this week...wonder is he gearing up for a Seanad run again?

I got a LinkedIn request from Eddie this week. Never met him in my life. Not in his line of business. The only thing in common is we're both from Laois!!

And I have a small network on it. What is he up to??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,103 ✭✭✭prunudo

All about Eddie this week...wonder is he gearing up for a Seanad run again?

Acting up over a couple of eggs, you think he'd give them a break.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Marengo wrote: »
    When Noel said he had no one to talk to, straight to his wife, I thought that was harsh on her.

His mam seems a bit cold alright.

Yes I agree re it being hard on his wife - she has seemed very supportive all along and must be getting a hard time of it like the way when they went on holiday he stayed one night and then left her and the kids alone for the rest of the holiday. I would say it is like being a single parent at times!

The mother was just so dismissive. I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,418 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

I'd imagine that the mother is very much of the opinion that 'real' men don't talk like her son did. She was just so dismissive.

I'd imagine that the mother is very much of the opinion that 'real' men don't talk like her son did. She was just so dismissive.

Old school. Very old school..

• Advertisement

The new doctor, Dr. Sumi(?) is very good.

Not all hugs and over familiarity, professional. What I'd look for in a health care professional. You're not looking for a best friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

This sounds a bit racist but a few in work were saying a trait in Polish people is always being right. I never heard it before?

You can’t be racist against your own race.

The big lad giving out about people on social media saying that his wife wasn’t supportive, maybe he should blame RTE’s editing instead.

The man with the shop, 2 weeks ago he never had a holiday in his life and tonight he took his brothers on multiple holidays, he’s some bluffer alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,582 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

I got a LinkedIn request from Eddie this week. Never met him in my life. Not in his line of business. The only thing in common is we're both from Laois!!

And I have a small network on it. What is he up to??

I'm from Laois, and I didn't get any request.
    I'm in a huff now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

The 'potentiality'. Jaysus Eddie potential would do..making it up as you go along.

I thought I had misheard!

• Advertisement

When Noel said he had no one to talk to, straight to his wife, I thought that was harsh on her.

His mam seems a bit cold alright.

I thought he was Paul?

I'm from Laois, and I didn't get any request.
    I'm in a huff now!

Ha ha!

Lucky you :) It's not because I'm a high flier.. trust me :)

Just bizarre..

Dakota Dan wrote: »
    I thought he was Paul?

He could be Paul. Sligo man.

SirChenjin wrote: »
    I thought I had misheard!

Know this is sad but I googled and it is a word. Basically same as potential. He was showing off tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,582 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

I missed the last 20 minutes, just waiting for RTÉ player to update, then I'll watch it.
    Ate a bag of peanut M&Ms, delicious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

Know this is sad but I googled and it is a word. Basically same as potential. He was showing off tonight.

I thought it might be but it still grated on me. :D

Dakota Dan wrote: »
    You can’t be racist against your own race.

No just mentioning that a few work colleagues had said Poles were an exceptionally stubborn people. Always right.

I never heard that said before.

Good enough for Leo!

Leo Varadkar (40) 'surprised' to hear he has fitness level of 53-year-old on Operation Transformation

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/leo-varadkar-40-surprised-to-hear-he-has-fitness-level-of-53yearold-on-operation-transformation-37790924.html

The media picking up on it. Fair play to him actually going on television the way he did. If his reading is 53 I'd hate to see what some of the more unhealthy TDs would be.

jvan wrote: »
    Leo Varadkar (40) 'surprised' to hear he has fitness level of 53-year-old on Operation Transformation

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/leo-varadkar-40-surprised-to-hear-he-has-fitness-level-of-53yearold-on-operation-transformation-37790924.html

The media picking up on it. Fair play to him actually going on television the way he did. If his reading is 53 I'd hate to see what some of the more unhealthy TDs would be.

I found it interesting. I thought he just jogged and when I heard the result said to myself he's obviously doing it at low intensity and his lifestyle and diet mustn't be great. Sitting around a lot like in the Dail. That article mentions marathons and triathlons.. how true is that? In fairness that paper has turned into a rag. For example it's weather headline sensationalism is like the Daily Express.

I found it interesting. I thought he just jogged and when I heard the result said to myself he's obviously doing it at low intensity and his lifestyle and diet mustn't be great. Sitting around a lot like in the Dail. That article mentions marathons and triathlons.. how true is that? In fairness that paper has turned into a rag. For example it's weather headline sensationalism is like the Daily Express.

Agree, I still have it as an app on the phone so just find it easier to share articles. The times are covering it too.
    Wonder does the machine measure stress too, this could effect somebodies readings. Going to pop down to my local pharmacy later to get mine measured. Partly for kicks but also interested to see what my reading is, similar age to Leo and would consider myself somewhat healthy. I might be surprised yet and wondering what the science behind it is :D

• Advertisement

jvan wrote: »
    Agree, I still have it as an app on the phone so just find it easier to share articles. The times are covering it too.
    Wonder does the machine measure stress too, this could effect somebodies readings. Going to pop down to my local pharmacy later to get mine measured. Partly for kicks but also interested to see what my reading is, similar age to Leo and would consider myself somewhat healthy. I might be surprised yet and wondering what the science behind it is :D

It might represent years of good exercise and diet too. I'd say it's a relatively accurate science. Like you knew Anna Geary, KT and MOM were going to do well before. They all look fit for their age.

Leo has softer looking flesh around him. If you were to compare him with say John Kiely Limerick manager, late 40s or Jack O'Connor, Kerry, 50s who look really fit, angular jawed.

https://www.google.com/search?q=john+kiely&client=ms-android-hmd-rev2&prmd=insv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj6wdH7nKngAhWkQxUIHenvCZkQ_AUoAXoECAwQAQ&biw=360&bih=560#imgrc=-X6svC8Z9TuO4M

https://www.google.com/search?q=jack+o+connor+kerry&tbm=isch&ved=2ahUKEwiYnsv9nKngAhUHXhUIHaeMAi8Q2-cCegQIABAC&oq=jack+O%27Connor+kerr&gs_l=mobile-gws-wiz-img.1.0.0i30.73687.83783..84675...3.0..1.119.1479.21j1......0....1.......5..35i39j0j0i67j0i24.Ky-101W1VsY&ei=RO9bXJjsLYe81fAPp5mK-AI&bih=560&biw=360&client=ms-android-hmd-rev2&prmd=insv#imgrc=LFlpRjRXZGIUKM

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 282 ✭✭Anthonylfc

that lad who owns the shop / hotel

my god he is punching above his weight ( no pun ) with his wife

and cathal is fooked with that hatchet of a wife , seems to be about her at this stage and not him , her easily getting offended

• Registered Users Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭road_high

I’ve thought those two oddballs from the first show. I’d say they’d be something else to work for. Total misers

Anthonylfc wrote: »
    that lad who owns the shop / hotel

my god he is punching above his weight ( no pun ) with his wife

and cathal is fooked with that hatchet of a wife , seems to be about her at this stage and not him , her easily getting offended

Money talks! Even personality wise he’s a bit of a wet blanket and cold

It might represent years of good exercise and diet too. I'd say it's a relatively accurate science. Like you knew Anna Geary, KT and MOM were going to do well before. They all look fit for their age.

Leo has softer looking flesh around him. If you were to compare him with say John Kiely Limerick manager, late 40s or Jack O'Connor, Kerry, 50s who look really fit, angular jawed.

https://www.google.com/search?q=john+kiely&client=ms-android-hmd-rev2&prmd=insv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj6wdH7nKngAhWkQxUIHenvCZkQ_AUoAXoECAwQAQ&biw=360&bih=560#imgrc=-X6svC8Z9TuO4M

https://www.google.com/search?q=jack+o+connor+kerry&tbm=isch&ved=2ahUKEwiYnsv9nKngAhUHXhUIHaeMAi8Q2-cCegQIABAC&oq=jack+O%27Connor+kerr&gs_l=mobile-gws-wiz-img.1.0.0i30.73687.83783..84675...3.0..1.119.1479.21j1......0....1.......5..35i39j0j0i67j0i24.Ky-101W1VsY&ei=RO9bXJjsLYe81fAPp5mK-AI&bih=560&biw=360&client=ms-android-hmd-rev2&prmd=insv#imgrc=LFlpRjRXZGIUKM

It measures your weight and they grip two handles with their hands, somehow I doubt it would be accurate.

road_high wrote: »
    Money talks! Even personality wise he’s a bit of a wet blanket and cold

if he has money , then surely he can employ somebody to relieve the pressure on him

Anthonylfc wrote: »
    if he has money , then surely he can employ somebody to relieve the pressure on him

Have a friend with a small shop, is similar. Think it turns people into control freaks- own business and handling cash equals trust issues!

road_high wrote: »
    Have a friend with a small shop, is similar. Think it turns people into control freaks- one business and handling cash equals trust issues!

probably right

he's a dead ringer for his mother lol

In fairness, she seems happy and so do her children.
    A spotlessly clean house does not equal a happy home.

And fair play, she has stayed off the cigarettes, that's no easy task.

That girl hasn’t a lot of money- in fairness they’re all working and she has a lot of kids so not easy keep the house clean. She’s easily my favorite leader as she’s warm, kind and what you see us what you get I’d say.

• Advertisement

I did the metabollic age test..for the bol*ix at lunch:D I'm 43.

Advertisement