Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Operation Transformation 2019

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

jvan wrote: »
    And unfortunately with the way modern families are going with both parents working, long commutes etc Aoifes utopia ideas of eating together are far from reality.

Ps. Not saying she's wrong but the way society is going isn't right either but its just a fact of modern life.

Exactly. Funny thing is, the fact we're always out running or doing something means that dinner is the after thought!! It's ironic that by trying to stay healthy and doing stuff we can't fit Aoife's dinner plan in! Can't have a lovely happy clappy meal and then go out on a hard training session half hour later. Dinner would end up all over the path! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

I really dislike the new doctor - she comes across as very cold or something.

Aloof is my word for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Marengo wrote: »
    The house is dirty really.

Her floors are filthy and they were the same last week and the week before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭Marengo

Her floors are filthy and they were the same last week and the week before

Knowing you're on tv.. She drives me banannas!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,581 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Azatadine wrote: »
    I think that Eddie fella is a complete spoofer. He just looks and sounds "wrong" to me for some reason.

I saw him in a supermarket a few years ago.
    One of his children was throwing an absolutely ferocious temper tantrum.
    Fair play to him, he was completely calm and it passed.

Guess he's as normal as the rest of us.
    Whatever normal is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

Absolutely agree, I like him, he seems like a lovely person but a little perspective is needed. He is burned out but he needs to realise a day off won’t close his business and rely on the staff he has to do a good enough job not to need him on scene for just one day a week.

I wonder who was running the shop when he was climbing that mountain? They want you to believe he’s run off his feet and only took one day off reluctantly but obviously he has to take plenty time off to be on operation transformation.

Icsics wrote: »
    Those dogs jumping all over everything & everyone are disgusting

The running around the table was the worst and nobody said anything about it especially when they were eating. Obviously never trained the dogs to stay off the table.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Dakota Dan wrote: »
    The running around the table was the worst and nobody said anything about it especially when they were eating. Obviously never trained the dogs to stay off the table.

How many dogs do they have... at least 5? The house does look filthy.

Eddie is the biggest spoofer ever, nobody cares what he has to say on the show... could you imagine paying him money for advice?

The lad with the shop... There are CEOs of companies with 10,000 staff that wouldn't make such a big deal about the stress they are under.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,045 ✭✭✭prunudo

Dakota Dan wrote: »
    I wonder who was running the shop when he was climbing that mountain? They want you to believe he’s run off his feet and only took one day off reluctantly but obviously he has to take plenty time off to be on operation transformation.

This is probably causing him the stress, I'd say being on the show takes up a lot of time. Can't be easy on somebody who already isn't great with setting time aside for himself or the family.

I wouldn't be too hard on him for feeling stressed, yes he isn't a ceo dealing with 10,000 staff, but they have management and other procedures for delegating duties.
    Never underestimate how stressful being self employed is and how different people deal with stress. Stress is all relative, my mother gets stressed if the shop has run out of her newspaper, hardly first world problems but to her reading that particular paper is part of her day/routine.

And yes sure enough, the production team are capitalising on his 'stress' as they think it makes bettee tv.

I don't understand how anyone gets to 18 stone.
    Surely you get to 14/15stone, and feel your clothes tightening, and think, "hey, I need to do something about this."............

...I've hit north of 16 1/2 stone 3 times and I've done the "hey......" thing.
    I always did some gym work though so I knew I could do it and I also had some control over what I threw in my gob.

I am mindful though that it must be incredibly difficult for folk who've never lost weight or trained to establish the habits, routines required to lose weight.

It's conceptually easy but lots struggle to do it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,743 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

mloc123 wrote: »

The lad with the shop... There are CEOs of companies with 10,000 staff that wouldn't make such a big deal about the stress they are under.

everyone's different. It's all he's known since childhood, so for him it has become the be-all and end-all. He has to feed his family so he has to keep the shop going.

CEO of a major company is on huge money, and they tend to change jobs all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭road_high

I really dislike the new doctor - she comes across as very cold or something.

No way? I think she’s a lot kinder and more understanding than the likes of Ciara Kelly before her.

Eddie is like the grim reaper. Never happy until he can find something miserable about their lives to exploit. He is totally pointless

The house is dirty really.

I wouldn’t think they have a lot of money bless them. But yea, the dogs and food are around everywhere

Eddie is like the grim reaper. Never happy until he can find something miserable about their lives to exploit. He is totally pointless

Thank god I’m not the only one...- could you imagine going to him for counseling?

Azatadine wrote: »
    I think that Eddie fella is a complete spoofer. He just looks and sounds "wrong" to me for some reason.

There’s just something about him- he’s like a spoofer that did an online Pyschology degree with his insights and catchphrases

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

We have Leo to look forward to next week. In de name a Jayziz....

road_high wrote: »
    I wouldn’t think they have a lot of money bless them. But yea, the dogs and food are around everywhere

Indeed, folk get their knickers in a twist when Kathryn's appearance is commented on but it's fair game seemingly to say the lady's house is filthy etc.
    It looks like she's managing away as best she can and perhaps cleaning the floors etc isn't a high priority.

My own floors look tatty enough after I wash them tbh due to age but I don't really give two fooks truth be told.

Augeo wrote: »
    Indeed, folk get their knickers in a twist when Kathryn's appearance is commented on but it's fair game seemingly to say the lady's house is filthy etc.
    It looks like she's managing away as best she can and perhaps cleaning the floors etc isn't a high priority.

My own floors look tatty enough after I wash them tbh due to age but I don't really give two fooks truth be told.

Any of us could be the same! We don’t all live in palaces

Eddie is in big demand in the Laois/Offaly/Kildare area, probably Dublin too. Any talks he gives are booked out very quickly. I know this from managing events he spoke at. Huge demand for talks on teenage parenting in particular. Spoofer or not he seems to help people too.

• Advertisement

road_high wrote: »
    There’s just something about him- he’s like a spoofer that did an online Pyschology degree with his insights and catchphrases
    Is Eddie the fella with the comb over and glasses?

Eddie is like the grim reaper.

He really gets on my nerves.

It's like he has to point out some deep psychological angle, even if there isn't one, in order to justify his place on the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

I don't understand how anyone gets to 18 stone.
    Surely you get to 14/15stone, and feel your clothes tightening, and think, "hey, I need to do something about this."
    Or is it easier to buy the next size up, than to take a look at yourself in a mirror?

I've hit 16 stone a couple of times over the last 3 years. But I tend to carry it OK. My clothes didn't really fit any worse( some clothes were an issue) but I'm back down to 13st 11 lbs.

My issues were lack of exercise, managed to get back on the bike since June/July last year and lost at least 2st 3lbs without doing anything different with my diet really

• Registered Users Posts: 12,728 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »

My issues were lack of exercise, managed to get back on the bike since June/July last year and lost at least 2st 3lbs without doing anything different with my diet really

....because you were burning more calories (due to the added excersise) than you were consuming. That’s how weight loss works.

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    I've hit 16 stone a couple of times over the last 3 years. But I tend to carry it OK. My clothes didn't really fit any worse( some clothes were an issue) but I'm back down to 13st 11 lbs.

I'd be very similar to yourself. 6ft 3in, hit 16st 7ib after illness and no exercise. I've a broad frame and didn't look too over weight. Healthy diet and exercise and now a clean 14 stone. Lost the 2 and a half stone in 3 mts.

I often wonder why many people can't apply common sense to their weight problems without appearing on national tv! Some have deeper problems ok.

inthehat wrote: »
    He really gets on my nerves.

It's like he has to point out some deep psychological angle, even if there isn't one, in order to justify his place on the team.

Have an image of him rooting through their bedrooms desperately trying to find a trophy or a certificate or a medal that he can psychoanalyse them til the cows come home over

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    ....because you were burning more calories (due to the added excersise) than you were consuming. That’s how weight loss works.

I understand thermodynamics.

I point was about not noticing the weight gain in my clothes. As I tended to carry it well compared to many others.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

I'd be very similar to yourself. 6ft 3in, hit 16st 7ib after illness and no exercise. I've a broad frame and didn't look too over weight. Healthy diet and exercise and now a clean 14 stone. Lost the 2 and a half stone in 3 mts.

I often wonder why many people can't apply common sense to their weight problems without appearing on national tv! Some have deeper problems ok.

Similar here...Hit 16 stone on 31st Dec in the space of a month down to 15st just by regular exercise, healthy eating and off the booze. Ideally should get it down to 14 stone and hopefully do that over the next 2 months.

My weight gain was due to relationship and being happy with a beer and herself on the couch instead out on the bike :p

I think cheap junk food and lack of education( regards cooking & nutrition) is the biggest problem behind the current obesity epidemic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭zapper55

Losing weight is simple but for many people it's not easy.

Ive been overweight in fact borderline obese and feeling low about my appearance. I have thought f*ck it I look and feel like crap and I dont see a way out, what harm will another donut or packet of crisps etc do. Than I'd start yet another diet and if the weight wasn't falling off quickly (which of course is unsustainable) then I'd give up. It got to the stage that my clothes would be very tight but I wouldn't buy a bigger size as I was deep in denial. I wish I could give my former self a hug.

Being in the right mental space made all the difference to me, but it took a long time.

You are lucky if you've never experienced this downward spiral but I know many that have. A little empathy would go a long way on this thread.

I see myself in a few of the contestants. Fair play to them putting themselves out there like that.

Advertisement