Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anthem

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Its just like warframe and destiney. Zero fun, Seven crash to desktop.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

it's nowhere near as polished as Destiny on console at least, feels very clunky by comparison. I like looter shooters but there's too much on the go at moment for me to get involved at launch.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

No fun on your own? too hard too play on your own?

It's fine there's matchmaking with randoms, it's not difficult.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

gimli2112 wrote: »
    It's fine there's matchmaking with randoms, it's not difficult.

But like if you were intending too buy with the intention of playing on you're own while possible not recommended?

• Advertisement

Yeah I don't know. You start of at level 10 and can rank up to level 15, so it's hard to say.
    In the Destiny Beta there was this tank that took 3 of us 30 minutes to kill in the beta. I could kill it myself now in 30 seconds.

The Beta's not great in that if you go outside the betaworld and don't get back in 4-5 seconds it boots you to a long loading screen. I teamed up with a random and he (it might have been me) kept pulling us out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Loading times on PS4 Pro are very long. Facial animations remind me of the dead Andromeda characters. Felt pretty meh all round tbh. Nothing stunning but nothing awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

But like if you were intending too buy with the intention of playing on you're own while possible not recommended?

These games are designed to be played with friends,you can solo most of the content but some is usually gonna want you to be in a squad. Cant see this being different. On the plus side as gimili said nearly all the activities have match making so better for solo players.

The fact is If you just flat out refuse to play with another human being at any point though i cant see this game being for you.

Why not just try the demo?

EoinHef wrote: »
    These games are designed to be played with friends,you can solo most of the content but some is usually gonna want you to be in a squad. Cant see this being different. On the plus side as gimili said nearly all the activities have match making so better for solo players.

The fact is If you just flat out refuse to play with another human being at any point though i cant see this game being for you.

Why not just try the demo?

I don't mind playing with others,happy there's match making, I was just wondering if you could solo it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

given how barren and a lifeless i felt the demo was it has me worried about the other area's and the end game zone's, like if this is the foot they put forward as a taster i would be worried about the rest of the game's quality. I will check it out in a few month's it could be great but right now it's a pass, and i wouldn't buy it till i see how bad the MTX's are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Destiny 2 and even the Division did this style of game better imo.

Found it graphiclly sharp but the colours washy. ME andromeda was the same.

Definitely not a game id buy on day one which is disappointing as I've grinded the bejesus out of D2 over the last 2 years and wanted something different.

The customisation of the suits is cool and all but in this day and age, they could release an app for that and you wouldn't miss the rest of the game.

I'll try it on ea Access for the 10 hours on the 15th in the hope the game is more refined from these demos but unfortunately for Bioware, the demo did more to turn me off of it than want it, unlike what Destiny 1's demo did for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭KilOit

Um, I was just in the middle of a really intense fight on hard mode and we were near the end of taking out the boss before it suddenly booted me out of the servers and I lost all collected loot. :eek:

This just happened to me at the spider boss thing on hard, whole team crash and log back in only to be stuck behind the door, i get bored fighting him on my own and give up and die only for the server to crash! so frustrating.
    This isn't the first time it happened but the one time we had a good squad, if this happens on a regular occasion on the full game it'll die a very quick death. Reminds me of early WoW instance crashes on bosses :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,988 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

I haven't played the game so I'm not going to comment on how it actually plays but it does look like Destiny 3 to me. I'm a casual gamer, typically like solo games but did like the hop-in hop-out of Destiny: The public events and being able to help someone in a firefight as I passe on a mission of my own. I would play every now and again with friends who, like me, were casual gamers: Maybe meet up once a week for a couple of hours for a chat and home head-shots :)

The problem is though that Destiny 1 very quickly became a desert. You could roam for minutes without seeing a single player. D2 is a bit better at the moment but very repetitive. These games really need to have a good co-op/matchmaking system and also enough variety for people to keep coming back. The problem is: These cost money to develop and a once-off payment of 70 euro just won't cover it. I can see more and more going down a subscription path: Tenner a month for new missions and a quarterly big new area etc.

I mean, if my friends buy it then I will but, apart from that.... I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,503 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Had terrible connection issues but that was on my side so can't judge, game looks alright don't think I'll get it until I see more post launch to make a decision.
    Um, I was just in the middle of a really intense fight on hard mode and we were near the end of taking out the boss before it suddenly booted me out of the servers and I lost all collected loot. :eek:

If you get booted got to free play ( the one on the right and not the waterfall outside the city) and then return to the city, you'll get a xp/loot screen and it'll give you the stuff from before you got booted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Tried playing the demo on PS4, kept losing my connection in between matchmakings.

One thing I found annoying was the presence of a LOADING SCREEN when looking at your gear to equip stuff...

W... T... H...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

I think people need to remember that this was a Demo. I cant remember a beta/demo that ran smoothly and that no one was saying anything negatively about. This is a build of the game from a few months ago.

Do I expect bugs to be present on day one? Yes absolutely. However, I do think the game will be in a much better place on day one both from a bugs and performance point of view.

The game is out in a couple of weeks though. While this demo build is probably from a while back I don't think there will be much change from launch. They may fix things during it's life span but I'd expect the launch to be pretty similar to the beta.

The gunplay mechanics weren't great imo. I still think I may pick this up but it will probably be a long time from now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

gimli2112 wrote: »
    The game is out in a couple of weeks though. While this demo build is probably from a while back I don't think there will be much change from launch. They may fix things during it's life span but I'd expect the launch to be pretty similar to the beta.

The gunplay mechanics weren't great imo. I still think I may pick this up but it will probably be a long time from now.

That's just it though. Alot of the annoying things have already been fixed in the latest build. The video I posted the other day shows the VIP reviewers playing a much more recent version of the game and running into alot less issues.

I do think the game will still have some bugs on launch but it won't be as bad as it was in the Demo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Tried the collosus , honestly didn't find it great

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Didn't get a chance to play the demo, but i'll still give it a go at launch (Origin Premium). Looks decent, and will at least give it a chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Similar experiences to most people - getting booted out on Hard mode with a "server crash" error when youre making good progress with randomers who know what they are doing is super super annoying (loot aside).

The Master Chief Collection was a pile of junk on release (it was actually totally unplayable - defies belief how it got released), but these things do get sorted out.

I tried all Javelins - couldnt get used to Colossus at all. My favourite was storm...

The key to bosses is combo'ing the ultimate weapons and supers with your team mates. Once you realise the combo'ing effect, then the hard mode isnt that hard. Love the fact that supers regen pretty quick.

I think I'll buy it on launch day, or maybe a week late (to confirm issues/or no issues).

Muppet Man.
    Xbone

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Looters/rpg`s are my favourite genre,add in some guns and im very interested but this just feels average at best to play and i have serious doubts about endgame which is the meat of any looter game.
    The combo system will get very boring very fast, i guarantee it.
    Both Destiny 2 and Warframe feel a lot better to play and both a tonnes more content.
    I might resub to origin access to try the full game but even far cry new dawn and the division 2 are far more appealing for me.
    Meanwhile Monster Hunter World is giving me all the looter gameplay i need for now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,503 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Game is more similar to Mass Effect multiplayer than anything, especially the focus on combos.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

ZiabR wrote: »
    That's just it though. Alot of the annoying things have already been fixed in the latest build. The video I posted the other day shows the VIP reviewers playing a much more recent version of the game and running into alot less issues.

I do think the game will still have some bugs on launch but it won't be as bad as it was in the Demo.

It's important to note that the VIP influencers got to play a very controlled version of the game with limited numbers playing. This weekend gone, I was getting kicked out of the game almost non stop when I tried launching a mission from the forge and on the times I did manage to get into the game itself, about 50% of the time I'd get booted when in the middle of combat out of the blue.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I played a bit of it this weekend on my PS4 rather than PC just to be different. It's ok. The interface was quite clunky and a bit ham-fisted, but I figured it out eventually. The wandering around the town in first person is needless busy work that could be replaced with a good menu, but it seems that if you're making an MMO, you have to have some sort of central "hub" for players to run around and waste time in.

The combat - that's the thing. It's not bad. The world is quite well realised and makes good use of your ability to fly by being tall with lots of things to look at and fly around - Something Warframe, for example, hasn't always got right.

Am I gonna buy it? Probably not. I got Destiny 2 for free and I got Warframe for free and I'm sure as sht not gonna spend €60 on something with the same sort of grind requirements. But barring a total flustercluck of a launch, it should hopefully do ok. The last time Bioware did an MMO launch, it was the Star Wars game and they didn't handle it well (free 2 play in about 6 months wasn't it?) cause they built a sequel to KOTOR but put it in a re-skin of WoW and only listened to hardcore WoW heads in tweaking things after launch, most of whom went straight back to WoW after a month because SWTOR didn't have 10 years of end-content and raids and what have you.

Advertisement