Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anthem

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Ill resub to origin access tonight for this to see what the craic is, if i enjoy it ill either subscribe longer or buy it.
    Although monster hunter world ,apex legends, and titanfall 2 are taking up all my gaming time at the moment.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Pre-load is from 6pm tonight, with the game being available at 10:30pm tomorrow for anyone who isn't sure (on PC, using Origin Premium).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Kiith wrote: »
    Pre-load is from 6pm tonight, with the game being available at 10:30pm tomorrow for anyone who isn't sure (on PC, using Origin Premium).

Pre-load has been available for over a week. At least on Xbox anyway. I have mine installed and ready to go. 34-35GB.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Flashdan

Looking forward to it. Anyone got a clan or guild they are playing it with?

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Andy Gravity

Flashdan wrote: »
    Looking forward to it. Anyone got a clan or guild they are playing it with?

Should check out the Freelancers subreddit, great place to find people for alliances or clans/guilds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,941 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Should check out the Freelancers subreddit, great place to find people for alliances or clans/guilds.

Or the r/anthemthegame discord server

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

PC is 51gb, after not hitting the 4k60fps in the betas I have installed it to an SSD.

We shall see tomorrow maybe not really sure , some people say it is, some say its not. Noone knows Anthems true release date.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

dreamers75 wrote: »
    PC is 51gb, after not hitting the 4k60fps in the betas I have installed it to an SSD.

? An SSD won't improve your frame-rate though (reduce some texture popping possibly if it's having trouble preloading from a hdd but once in mem it won't affect graphics at all).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭ewj1978

I'll download it later and start playing at 10:30pm then. Best get the beers in, gonna be a long 4 days off work :D

51GB on PC and 35GB on Xbox One X. That is some difference. The game looked incredible on the XBox so I cant see the extra 16GB on PC being even higher textures etc.

• Advertisement

ZiabR wrote: »
    51GB on PC and 35GB on Xbox One X. That is some difference. The game looked incredible on the XBox so I cant see the extra 16GB on PC being even higher textures etc.

Why not?
    All games look so much better on PC with higher quality textures and resolutions etc being the norm not to mention much higher framerate,

Dcully wrote: »
    Why not?
    All games look so much better on PC with higher quality textures and resolutions etc being the norm not to mention much higher framerate,

Frame-rate and resolution has got nothing to do with the games size. I agree that hardware on PC will always be more powerful and that this allows for higher quality textures, resolution. I am just surprised that technically these higher quality textures are a full 16GB more. That is half the size of the console version of the game.

BTW, you can play Anthem from 1am tomorrow morning. Anyone going to be giving this a shot tomorrow morning?

Sure the Fallout 4 high res texture pack was around 50gb on their own, so not that surprising to see a much bigger install.

Have it pre-loaded now, and will see if the servers hold up at 10:30pm tonight.

New video released showing some good changes.

Frame-rate and resolution has got nothing to do with the games size. I agree that hardware on PC will always be more powerful and that this allows for higher quality textures, resolution. I am just surprised that technically these higher quality textures are a full 16GB more. That is half the size of the console version of the game.

Im not saying fps and res contribute to game size , just pointing out what your dealing with when you talk about a high spec PC to give you an idea about what textures a good PC can actually run, its night and day compared to consoles.
    16 GB is actually very small when it comes to textures.

New video released showing some good changes.

Watched that earlier, some nice QOL changes coming since the demo.

I didnt play much of the demo at all but im looking forward to a build like this :)

They've changed the early access date, and now it's not available till tomorrow at 3pm. So much for trying it tonight :/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Im not saying fps and res contribute to game size , just pointing out what your dealing with when you talk about a high spec PC to give you an idea about what textures a good PC can actually run, its night and day compared to consoles.
    16 GB is actually very small when it comes to textures.

Its not as night and day as you seem to think.

Do you have a Pro or One X and a decent 4k tv set? Those consoles do resolution decently and textures look great in most games that are enhanced for either console. Which is nearly every game now.

The only real issue with consoles is the CPU's not having the grunt to hit 60fps. As it turns out this is also a problem on PC with this game too. Hope for better on release though.

• Advertisement

EoinHef wrote: »
    Its not as night and day as you seem to think.

Do you have a Pro or One X and a decent 4k tv set? Those consoles do resolution decently and textures look great in most games that are enhanced for either console. Which is nearly every game now.

The only real issue with consoles is the CPU's not having the grunt to hit 60fps. As it turns out this is also a problem on PC with this game too. Hope for better on release though.

My young lad has OneX and very good spec 4k tv and same games on my PC at 1440 [ real resolution not some up scaled artificial marketing res either ] look so much better plus the huge added benefit of 144 hz/fps.

Do you have a high spec PC?

My young lad has OneX and very good spec 4k tv and same games on my PC at 1440 [ real resolution not some up scaled artificial marketing res either ] look so much better plus the huge added benefit of 144 hz/fps.

Do you have a high spec PC?

Yeah,have a high spec PC.

Theres a difference in some games alright,but i dont think its anywhere near as big a gap as your portraying.

Genuine resolution [not up-scaled malarky] + 144 hz gaming is night and day by comparison.
    Ill be more specific for you in future :P

_CreeD_ wrote: »
    ? An SSD won't improve your frame-rate though (reduce some texture popping possibly if it's having trouble preloading from a hdd but once in mem it won't affect graphics at all).

Frostbite engine runs considerably better on an SSD.

Genuine resolution [not up-scaled malarky] + 144 hz gaming is night and day by comparison.
    Ill be more specific for you in future :P

Ok cool,cant wait for the vid where you run the game at 4k/144hz:P

EoinHef wrote: »
    Ok cool,cant wait for the vid where you run the game at 4k/144hz:P

4k is barely market ready tbh so you will be waiting for me running anything 4k.
    1440 is the sweetspot and will be for a hell of a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

Pretty ****ty by EA to change premier release date from 10.30pm tonight to 3pm tomorrow the 15th
    An awful lot of people im sure subscribed last night and today just for it.
    Smells of a cheap subscriber grab grrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Flashdan

I subbed for the premier last night, You get the full Legion edition and the early access. If I cancel after a month and pick up the normal edition cheap on CD keys do you think my progress will still be kept? I think it will but not 100%

GHOST MGG wrote: »
    Pretty ****ty by EA to change premier release date from 10.30pm tonight to 3pm tomorrow the 15th
    An awful lot of people im sure subscribed last night and today just for it.
    Smells of a cheap subscriber grab grrrr

Still saying 10.30 in Origin for me?

• Advertisement

Dammit origin is wrong its tomorrow.

Advertisement