Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anthem

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Got caught with the infinite loading bug for each mission , so had to quit and rejoin - really annyoying.

I will give it a go again when it comes out proper - but only cause its part of the origin premier i have at the moment. Otherwise i dunno would it be a day 1 purchase for me. Its hard to know from the demo, i liked it but didnt love it .

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

its too similar to warframe/destiny for me...and the pc bugs

People keep saying this and I kind of get why but they only thing this and warframe have in common is that they have mech suits. They play nothing alike.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Kirby wrote: »
    People keep saying this and I kind of get why but they only thing this and warframe have in common is that they have mech suits. They play nothing alike.

Been a while since I've played Warframe, but gameplay seemed similar enough tbh, this does seem more vertical in nature with the flying mind. Played a lot of destiny 1/2 and it really felt like a third person version of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Been a while since I've played Warframe, but gameplay seemed similar enough tbh, this does seem more vertical in nature with the flying mind. Played a lot of destiny 1/2 and it really felt like a third person version of it.

I can see the similarities to destiny all right, but the abilities seem to be a bigger focus here. I unlocked the Storm javelin earlier and it feels as if I've constantly got an ability ready to go.

The verticality really makes a difference too once you start to make use of it. It's pretty cool to be able to quickly nip out of a fight, fly up somewhere behind cover and get your bearings a bit before re-engaging.

Really enjoying it so far anyway, looking forward to the full thing being released.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Kirby wrote: »

Well, you have crazy levels of mobility in Warframe for moving around the map as well as for both getting into combat and then out of bad situations if things go pear-shaped, multiple damage abilities on fast refreshes and can swap from gun play to melee combat in an instant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

All 4 javelins are available to use now and will be available next week too.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Played some coop last night and tried a few hard missions.

Stupid idea :)

I like it, not happy i cant get 4k60fps tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Overall the game is ok. I can see myself playing it alright but it needs alot of work still before the Feb 22nd release date.

Walking around the town on the Xbox One X has horrible FPS drops. It would say its sitting around 20FPS.

Once you get into your Javlin the game comes alive. Very little FPS issues.

The game looks beautiful and sounds amazing which is what you would expect from the Frostbite engine. The single player story seems interesting but the game does come to life if you have a 4 man team.

I will keep my preorder and will likely play from launch. I do have concerns about its longevity though. They need to make sure they have enough content to keep players interested.

I would score it a 6/10 at the moment.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Tried to play twice over the weekend, got stuck on the loading screen both times and had to quit.

Will wait till launch, and try it once some of that bugs are ironed out.

Kiith wrote: »
    Tried to play twice over the weekend, got stuck on the loading screen both times and had to quit.

Will wait till launch, and try it once some of that bugs are ironed out.

Alot of the bugs will be fixed for this weekends open beta. You should try this weekend. I personally wont be playing the Beta. I have seen enough of the game to keep me interested for the moment.

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Expect them to lower it by 50% or similar and everyone will claim "it's fair" and then they release the legendary $20 skin instead.

I have said it before and I will say it again. I could not care less about cosmetic micro-transactions. Don't care if every game has them.

What I do care about though, are micro-transactions in games that allow you to get an advantage on other players or improve your characters, much like a pay to win model.

If someone whats to spend €20 on a skin to make them look cool, then I say, let them at it. Its their money.

As long as the items you can buy don't change the games mechanics, then I don't care :)

Micro-transactions are a part of the gaming world we live in today.... sadly.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,145 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I'd take 20 quid for a skin over having to pay for expansions/season passes any day.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Yeah, as much as i don't like any micro transactions, i'd happily take cosmetic ones over anything else.

And as above, if there is no season pass, that's a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

In the absence of a season pass or paid single player DLC, isn't the more interesting question how much people think the full skin, material and emblems should be?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,815 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

gizmo wrote: »
    In the absence of a season pass or paid single player DLC, isn't the more interesting question how much people think the full skin, material and emblems should be?

The most expensive ones will be around €10-€12 I'd guess. Most will be in the €2-€4 range. If I see one that I like I'd buy it.

ZiabR wrote: »
    I have said it before and I will say it again. I could not care less about cosmetic micro-transactions. Don't care if every game has them.

What I do care about though, are micro-transactions in games that allow you to get an advantage on other players or improve your characters, much like a pay to win model.

If someone whats to spend €20 on a skin to make them look cool, then I say, let them at it. Its their money.

As long as the items you can buy don't change the games mechanics, then I don't care smile.png

Micro-transactions are a part of the gaming world we live in today.... sadly.

I agree that the theory of cosmetic only cash shop items should not be a big deal or affect gameplay but sadly, in reality, they do affect player progression as devs tend to make a games gameplay loop much more of a grind, to entice people to shell out cash for the item instead. Also, let's not forget this is an EA game who have a long history of gouging their players for every last cent they can and have never had a problem with selling pay to win items before as can be seen in the latest Fifa or Battlefront 2.

well this is a third person game so how my character looks is much more important to me than a fps, 10-20euro skins are a ****ing joke, end of

well this is a third person game so how my character looks is much more important to me than a fps, 10-20euro skins are a ****ing joke, end of

Sorry, not sure if you are being serious here of not? You are saying that how your javlin looks is more important than the FPS in the game?

• Advertisement

Sorry, not sure if you are being serious here of not? You are saying that how your javlin looks is more important than the FPS in the game?

No third person versus first person perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

i prefer 3rd person also, but i would prefer a season pass or xpacks etc to me the entire point of looter type games is to find the coolest looking stuff and customize your character the way you like , when you cash shop that aspect of the game so soon it is not a good move because it detracts from that sense of progression, now if they just wait and release some cool alternative skins or models even like in war frame that would be no problem at all, because they have the work put into them and arent just some crappy re color. Or better yet release new javelin's with new move set's that you can unlock over time and craft or you know buy them like in warframe it works so well that i would have no issue with that.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,145 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Lone Stone wrote: »
    i prefer 3rd person also, but i would prefer a season pass or xpacks etc to me the entire point of looter type games is to find the coolest looking stuff and customize your character the way you like , when you cash shop that aspect of the game so soon it is not a good move because it detracts from that sense of progression, now if they just wait and release some cool alternative skins or models even like in war frame that would be no problem at all, because they have the work put into them and arent just some crappy re color. Or better yet release new javelin's with new move set's that you can unlock over time and craft or you know buy them like in warframe it works so well that i would have no issue with that.

The cosmetic end of things doesn't matter anywhere near as much as things like weapon/armour rarity, perks and stats in a loot based game in my experience. I think they've said there will be new Javelins added to the game but they will be free/obtainable through gameplay.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    The cosmetic end of things doesn't matter anywhere near as much as things like weapon/armour rarity, perks and stats in a loot based game in my experience. I think they've said there will be new Javelins added to the game but they will be free/obtainable through gameplay.

You are right, all items will be available through normal play.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,815 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Allegedly

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Allegedly
    It will be; of course knowing EA and looking at previous games it will take you 25 years to unlock it all or 100h+ for the top stuff but it IS possible to unlock it in game...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

I'm open to correction on this but from what I've seen so far they haven't confirmed whether new Javelins added in the future will be free or not.

In June last year, the Exec Producer was pressed on the topic specifically and said this...

https://twitter.com/BioMarkDarrah/status/1006210428383268864

Then later in December, the Lead Producer was asked about the general plans for a season pass or post-launch DLC and said this...

https://twitter.com/GambleMike/status/1076876236666789889

Further down in the thread he's asked specifically about Javelins and he again says the intention for any post-release DLC is to not "split the audience".

Now, that doesn't necessarily contradict what the EP said since you could quite easily roam the world with team mates in different Javelins which they may have paid for. The only exception to this would be if certain late or end game missions were restricted to certain classes but thus far there's been no indication that that's on the cards.

In any case, there's a very simple way to remove this issue from the equation - when considering whether or not to purchase the game, make the decision based on the content that it actually ships with and is accessible via general play, not what might come in the future or how it might be delivered.

Allegedly

star-wars-battlefront-2-memes-2-1.jpg

I'm convinced there is some lads on boards who work for EA at this stage :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

I'm convinced there is some lads on boards who work for EA at this stage :P

probably is, they've still got bioware offices here i think

Advertisement