Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anthem

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

For me it's not the server issues that bug me but the constant loading between checkpoints and how small the mission area is i.e. Destiny 2 allows stragglers to eventually catch up on their own terms whereas Anthem will load you in with your teammates when you're even a second behind.

What's wrong with loading in beside your team-mates as opposed to 5 minutes away?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

ZiabR wrote: »
    What's wrong with loading in beside your team-mates as opposed to 5 minutes away?

You can get thrown into a 20 second loading screen if you're a few feet apart. For someone who gets sporadically lost in games and real life this would be game breaking for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

gimli2112 wrote: »
    For someone who gets sporadically lost in games and real life this would be game breaking for me.
    Map and compass DLC €3 please.

I can imagine a squad fighting a boss while trying to give you directions.

'So I take a left after the rusty ship and go into the tunnels?'
    *Static* 'Oh god it's growing tentacles!' *Static*
    'Was it left or not? Hello?'

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

Giving a pass on the game.

Played it almost full time over the weekend (gotta sleep you know!) to give the game as fair a chance as I can give. The disconnects and CTD is not something that bothered me and well, It's a demo. I went into it expecting that to happen and while It's frustrating it is not something to get upset about I think. Overall I think I had 5 disconnects and only 1 CTD.

The game is in serious need of optimization. I played on 1080p with all graphic settings on low and I still only managed to barely squeeze out 75fps. Perhaps later builds with include some optimization but damn that is pretty poor results. i5 6500, 16GB ram, GTX 970, SSD.

Game play wise I enjoyed flying around with the Javelins. The colossus is a ton of fun even though I did not feel very "tanky" during my stronghold runs. The clunkiness of the movement is something that you'll eventually get used to and I believe it was streamlined in later builds.

The combat is meh at best, fighting on your own as a colossus does not feel powerful and my attacks did not have any OOMPH behind them. You're in this huge Javelin and the guns feel like peashooters. What I did enjoy was the combos! Managed to team up with a frost build Javelin and I just flew around pressing V the whole time. HULK SMAAAASH!

And that was the only fun I had playing the game. I'll pass, thanks Bioware.

Did anyone experience any eye strain when in Fort Tarsis? I don't know why but my eyes would immediately pain when walking around in Fort Tarsis.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

I'm not talking 5 minutes, I'm talking 10 seconds. I like to look at my environment and check for anything I've missed before moving on but the game pushes you from one objective to the next without giving you a second to breathe.

As someone who enjoys the same I'll just say that's what solo or playing with like-minded mates is for (but I know so far this one seems not too well balanced for solo play).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

_CreeD_ wrote: »
    As someone who enjoys the same I'll just say that's what solo or playing with like-minded mates is for (but I know so far this one seems not too well balanced for solo play).

I'm not sure its a case of the game not being balanced for solo play but of a more of a lack of balancing of abilities, as some pairings are OP as hell in how much damage they do while others feel like your just tickling the mob with a feather. There is also a pretty big jump in damage when you move from a white item to a green or a blue.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Flashdan

I will be playing this on the 15th for 10 hours, unless the Division 2 blows me away in the Beta starting Thursday.

I think Anthem will be great in a few months when it has more end game, we will see. I also think I am the only person on PC that had no in game issues. heard lots of bad things.

Hope EA dont muck it up with expensive micro transactions

Flashdan wrote: »
    I will be playing this on the 15th for 10 hours, unless the Division 2 blows me away in the Beta starting Thursday.

I think Anthem will be great in a few months when it has more end game, we will see. I also think I am the only person on PC that had no in game issues. heard lots of bad things.

Hope EA dont muck it up with expensive micro transactions

Have you played the game at all yet or is the 15th your first time?

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Flashdan

Have you played the game at all yet or is the 15th your first time?

I played in the Alpha and both Demos and enjoyed it very much. It has its problems no doubt thats why i said give it a while. Im a big fan of the core gameplay.

Flashdan wrote: »
    I played in the Alpha and both Demos and enjoyed it very much. It has its problems no doubt thats why i said give it a while. Im a big fan of the core gameplay.

Like myself so. It does have its issues but any game of this scale has issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,917 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 8,917 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Post launch roadmap
    DyvmJ58UUAA-kXR.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Think i'll pass on this til after launch, that picture sated my curiosity about the story content. If it does badly they'll probably ****can it like they did with the planned andromeda expansions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭ewj1978

whens this early access start? 13th?

ewj1978 wrote: »
    whens this early access start? 13th?

Origin Access and EA Access members can start playing on February 15, 2019.

I believe this is on PC only. Not PS4 or Xbox One

• Administrators Posts: 53,450 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

It'll be the same on Xbox. EA Access is Xbox, they always get early access.

awec wrote: »

Hmm, wonder can I get a trial of EA Access. 7 days early is enticing.

awec wrote: »

I have double checked this and it seems that PC is the only platform to get Full unrestricted early access.

Xbox and PS4 only get 10 hours of early access. See the below link.

https://www.polygon.com/2019/1/23/18194825/anthem-release-date-when-can-i-play-where-to-play-early-access-demo-pc-ps4-xbox-one

Ah PC only because you need a Origin Access Premier account and that is only available on PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Does Xbox have Origin Access Premier?

Thats whats required on PC for early access,not the basic sub.

EoinHef wrote: »
    Does Xbox have Origin Access Premier?

Thats whats required on PC for early access,not the basic sub.

No Origin Access Premier is only available on PC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,856 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I have double checked this and it seems that PC is the only platform to get Full unrestricted early access.

Xbox and PS4 only get 10 hours of early access. See the below link.

https://www.polygon.com/2019/1/23/18194825/anthem-release-date-when-can-i-play-where-to-play-early-access-demo-pc-ps4-xbox-one

Ah PC only because you need a Origin Access Premier account and that is only available on PC.

PS4 doesn't have EA Access so there's no 10 hour trial.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    PS4 doesn't have EA Access so there's no 10 hour trial.

Sorry, yeah I misread the information in the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

I wasn't aware we could start early. Do you know if that means I can play the full game early - as in not lose any progress - for when the game goes live?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

EA Access Premier is actually a pretty good deal. For the full price of a main game and it's usual Season Pass you get access to a lot more content. I signed up when considering BF-V and have added DLCs for some oldies I want to replay aswell as other titles I haven't gotten to yet, let alone the new stuff over the year. And it's nice that it takes the risk out of any one game purchase, if Anthem doesn't work out I haven't really lost anything.

I wasn't aware we could start early. Do you know if that means I can play the full game early - as in not lose any progress - for when the game goes live?

Thanks

Yes, you get to play 10 hours of the full game early and progress is saved. You can just pick up where you left off on the 22nd when the game releases to the world.

• Administrators Posts: 53,450 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Yea Xbox EA Access subscribers gets 10 hours a week early, and then they can buy the game at a 10% discount. Often it's the full game, but often there are restrictions in just how far you can progress in those 10 hours. I don't see it being an issue on Anthem, generally the restrictions are put into single player games to prevent players fully completing a game during the free hours.

Origin Premier get it free a week early because they get every EA game free (so long as you keep up your subscription). If you play 2 or more AAA EA games a year it represents value for money.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,770 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

EA access is on xbox. So 10 hour trial starts the 15th. Full game out on 22nd.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

I think the roadmap for this looks promising to be honest, especially given that we won't be charged a penny for any of the content set out in it. Even if this is a bit more light on content than the average looter shooter, that's perfectly fine by me. I love this genre but don't necessarily have the time to put into it anymore, so something I can jump in and out of a bit more casually sounds great.

Advertisement