Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anthem

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Here is the update that will be rolling out this morning (April 8th, 2019).

Fixed an issue that was causing loot to drop for javelins other than the one being used.
    Addressed a number of issues that could occasionally cause Nvidia highlights to crash.
    Fixed an issue that was causing Elysian Cache items to not appear until completing another activity or restarting the game.
    The newsfeed will now properly show content again upon launching into the game.
    Fixed an issue that was causing Ursix and Titans to not spawn as frequently in Freeplay.
    Fixed an issue that would cause the screen to shake when enabling DLSS and turning off motion blur.
    Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause players not to be able to interact with Owen, or hear his audio at the end of the Legendary version of the mission “Finding Old Friends”.
    Titans, Ursix, Luminaries and Fury enemies should no longer disappear when another player starts an Event in Freeplay.

todays patch

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Liam128

I had high hopes for this project, like the developers themselves, but the game for today is still raw, it's sad :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Liam128 wrote: »
    I had high hopes for this project, like the developers themselves, but the game for today is still raw, it's sad :(

Yeah, and they had a developer stream last night where they said the game is now early access and all the stuff they had planned on the road map is not going to happen for a long while as they try and fix all the bugs. One thing for sure, I can't see Bioware developing a new game for a long time

Here is what they posted on reddit last night

https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGame/comments/bgkgl3/update_on_anthem_from_the_development_team/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Yeah, and they had a developer stream last night where they said the game is now early access and all the stuff they had planned on the road map is not going to happen for a long while as they try and fix all the bugs. One thing for sure, I can't see Bioware developing a new game for a long time

https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGame/comments/bgkgl3/update_on_anthem_from_the_development_team/

To open with that Early Access bull$**** is just pi$$ing all over everyone who stumped up for the game. They MAY get the game they believe in to where they want it to be, and I'm sure people will still play it, but Anthem seems to be joining Mass Effect on the shelf.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

There's probably a few simple things they could do to start getting folks back... like guaranteeing rewards for activities. e.g. guaranteed Legendary for a GM3 stronghold...

I've been a big supporter of it, but grown tired of the grind for legendary loot which is as a rare as hens teeth and stupidly infuriatingly random.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Delighted I only got this on origin prime

Is this still a thing? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Think the key to turning this around was quick fixes and extra content,neither has been forthcoming so i think its pretty doomed in the short to medium term.

That also raises questions weather support will even continue in the long term which is what the game needs,long term support.

Once you got to end game is was pretty apparent they didnt really have a proper loot system in place for end game gear which made it feel unrewarding. Also the lack of content or variation of content hurt it.

Anything they do now may be too little,too late for a lot of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

To open with that Early Access bull$**** is just pi$$ing all over everyone who stumped up for the game. They MAY get the game they believe in to where they want it to be, and I'm sure people will still play it, but Anthem seems to be joining Mass Effect on the shelf.

Brave of you to presume they had the decency to put ME on a shelf.

I think it's dangling over an active volcano and every year it's moved an inch closer to the lava.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Looks to be some news on the cataclysm dropping tonight for anybody still interested. I'm curious to hear if it's going to arrive as a part of a greater overhaul, because if they end up releasing an update that only consists of the cataclysm and nothing else then I probably won't return for it. Similar to how they released the stronghold recently, without meaningful changes around the board and more content overall, there is no incentive to go back for one miserable playable piece of content.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

It's been getting hammered by news sources (youtubers and official magazines/papers) for the last few days about having no updates in may at all, contrary to their promises. They left it really late to announce that update. Gives me the impression they've just got a skeleton crew on this and left this sinking ship for DA4 or whatever else they have on the burner

https://twitter.com/anthemgame/status/1133825395369758720

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

They actually said the game was in early access? jesus christ, rip bioware.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

The got the gunplay and flying pretty much spot on for me, but everything else was a cluster****. Massive shame that it was forced out way before it was ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Also they are not going to be present during EA Play during E3

• Registered Users Posts: 33,232 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Hey Everyone,

It’s been 10 weeks since the early access release of Anthem.

Jesus...

So glad I didn't bother with this game. Looked great and the gameplay intrigued me, but both Destiny games taught me hard lessons for this type of game.

This idea of full-price (plus premium editions) games still being considered "early access" weeks/months after release needs to be shot in the face.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭EoinHef

In fairness i think early access quote is about the one week early access for origin access subbers. They leave it vague enough that it feels like its a bit of a try on though.

Lack of decent loot really killed it for me,the end game did not feel rewarding and considering the content was so limited it was always gonna struggle.

It would be a big step for EA to abandon this,after what happened with Mass Effect Andromeda to abandon this as well,when plenty of devs are showing that games can be revived if the dev sticks with it,would be a major blow to their rep.

Whos gonna bother investing time and money in a game when the publisher will just pull the plug if there not instantly happy.

EoinHef wrote: »
    In fairness i think early access quote is about the one week early access for origin access subbers. They leave it vague enough that it feels like its a bit of a try on though.

Yeah fair point, I suppose it could be read either way alright.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Hey everyone,

It’s been ten weeks since some executive forced us to release an unpatched version of our game a few days early for people who were willing to pay more money...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

It's been getting hammered by news sources (youtubers and official magazines/papers) for the last few days about having no updates in may at all, contrary to their promises. They left it really late to announce that update. Gives me the impression they've just got a skeleton crew on this and left this sinking ship for DA4 or whatever else they have on the burner
    It was always planned that a team at Bioware Austin would take over primary development duties from the main studio at Edmonton after release. The latter would then refocus on Dragon Age 4. It's one of the less shocking things from the behind the scenes article Jason Schreier wrote about the project a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Kiith wrote: »
    The got the gunplay and flying pretty much spot on for me, but everything else was a cluster****. Massive shame that it was forced out way before it was ready.

Flying?? You fall with grace for about 20 seconds then touch ground

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

gizmo wrote: »
    It was always planned that a team at Bioware Austin would take over primary development duties from the main studio at Edmonton after release. The latter would then refocus on Dragon Age 4. It's one of the less shocking things from the behind the scenes article Jason Schreier wrote about the project a few weeks ago.

What was shocking about it was the treatment of the Austin team by the main Bioware team, they seemed to look down on them despite Austin's experience with SWTOR ect.

Had they actually listened the game could have been in a much better position, i am actually hoping Austin can turn it around despite the main team.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Calhoun wrote: »
    What was shocking about it was the treatment of the Austin team by the main Bioware team, they seemed to look down on them despite Austin's experience with SWTOR ect.

Had they actually listened the game could have been in a much better position, i am actually hoping Austin can turn it around despite the main team.
    Hubris doesn't really surprise me anymore unfortunately. As I mentioned earlier in the thread, Anthem was created by many of the veterans of the Bioware of old, the idea that the studio was a shell of its former self is a misnomer. As it turns out, it was their indecision and attitudes to the advice offered by the Austin team which led to the project becoming stuck in development hell for so long. It's all quite disappointing for something that initially showed so much promise.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Kiith wrote: »

Pretty much yep, gameplay is excellent but there is just nothing to do.
    I enjoyed the month i subbed to origin access for it but thank God i didnt splash out and pay full price for it.

Biggest flop of the year easily

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Despite the shocking state Anthem was in at launch, EA was never going to continue supporting the game properly unless it did gangbuster levels of sales. Seeing that those sales never materialized, it's no surprise to see just a skeleton staff being left to keep it just ticking over.

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Off the top of my head I cannot think of a game with as much hype that turned out to be such a complete non-event post launch.

Like it didn't last at all. It came out and was an instant disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

awec wrote: »
    Off the top of my head I cannot think of a game with as much hype that turned out to be such a complete non-event post launch.

Like it didn't last at all. It came out and was an instant disaster.

Some people would say No Man's Sky.....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Some people would say No Man's Sky.....
    Or Mass Effect 3; or going further back CoD has had some big duds as well. Could go even more old school such as Duke Nukem Forever, Star Wars Battlefront 1 & 2 (the EA versions) or the grandfather of them all E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial on atari :P

That's the thing though, with NMS especially there was a huge uproar after its release about how shockingly bad it was, the lies from the developers, the glitches etc. The complaints about it caused a big stink.

With Anthem, it was more of a huge release and then just... it's okay, lacking in content, loot pretty bad... okay bye...

Even the complaints about it were never that huge, it was just a massively-hyped release and then it just began to fade out of people's minds. It became significant in its insignificance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Penn wrote: »
    That's the thing though, with NMS especially there was a huge uproar after its release about how shockingly bad it was, the lies from the developers, the glitches etc. The complaints about it caused a big stink.

With Anthem, it was more of a huge release and then just... it's okay, lacking in content, loot pretty bad... okay bye...

Even the complaints about it were never that huge, it was just a massively-hyped release and then it just began to fade out of people's minds. It became significant in its insignificance.

I think the complaints about loot really did damage it, for a looter shooter not to have a varied and interesting drops says something.

The other damage this game had was how EA is known to abandon non-performing IP.

Advertisement