Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

11 yr/old drag kid worshiped within LGBTQ community (Mod warning op)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

I didn't see anything that resembles dancing like a stripper in the video linked in the OP. He is jumping and walking not dancing provocatively. I would interpret it as him expressing himself and doing what he wants to do.

It's a mimicry of the strip club set up so of course its wrong. Any sexualisation of a child is abhorrent. Desmond doesn't know what he's doing, he's 10, but from what has parents have said he has been trained for this (by them) from a young age. The fact that they have no problem letting him hang out with a murderer is yet another red flag in a story that has more red flags than a beach during a tropical storm.

I'd say even Joan Crawford would blush at this.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Omackeral wrote: »
    People are defending it though, attempting to normalise it. People here, in this country. This kid has also been celebrated on morning talk shows in the UK which, like it or not, can have quite the influence on us.

Sure its fairly obvious from talking to people of all ages now on social media and in person that an awful lot would celebrate this kid in Ireland.

They wouldn't see it as child abuse they would see it as equality and freedom to be whatever or whoever you want to be....

Thats why this is really dangerous because as we have seen on this thread people become blind to seriously ****ed up issues because there trying so hard to be progressive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭DontThankMe

I’m wondering are you aware that the lack of support and thanks on your posts has nothing to do with your username instruction and everything to do with your posts coming across a little bit rapey.

So now a differing opinion is akin to being "a little bit rapey". Simply because I don't agree with the majority I must be sick in the head right.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

So now a differing opinion is akin to being "a little bit rapey". Simply because I don't agree with the majority I must be sick in the head right.

You’re condoning blatant child abuse. So yeah, I’ve no problem stating that I find your posts a little twisted and that I would not entrust you with the care of any minor.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

And who exactly defines what is "right" in this instance is it you? is it what the majority believes is "right".
    Generally speaking, yes, that is how it's worked out. That's how democracies work.
    Everything he did was done legally and above board so nothing wrong there
    Jesus, this - and it's all too common - fall back to the "law". You seem unaware that even in my lifetime you as a Gay man(presumption) your sexuality was illegal in Ireland. It's still illegal in many countries around the world, up to imprisonment and execution. So if a Gay man is hanged in some country out there where it's legally mandated, is that "above board"? Why not? How dare you judge their culture etc...

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

And who exactly defines what is "right" in this instance is it you?

No.
    is it what the majority believes is "right"?

Generally, yes.

I must be sick in the head.

First sensible thing you've said so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,998 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Eh no it would be fairly simple to ensure that only the targeted audience get access to the site via a photo verification system in which each participant would be verified through a photo. Obviously there would be an adult monitoring discussions to ensure that it's all above board.

a potential abuser can simply use a child photo to get onto the site. it's absolutely naive to think people who are a potential threat could be kept off this website.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

Child marriage is also ''legal'' in many countries. Can it be condoned therefore?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

It’s not because you didn’t agree with the majority, but what you actually disagree with the majority on that has people questioning your belief system

( or supposed belief system. I think your trying to get a rise, but it’s getting a bit old.).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I didn't see anything that resembles dancing like a stripper in the video linked in the OP. He is jumping and walking not dancing provocatively. I would interpret it as him expressing himself and doing what he wants to do.

Again, you’re too focused on seeing it from the perspective of the child’s wishes and not from the perspective of what is appropriate in an adult setting. Just because is what’s the child wants to do in this moment in time doesn’t make it right. What about in ten years time and looks back at this footage and can’t understand why anyone let him do this, never mind actively encouraged it. We have laws, principles and social standards in place to protect children. Just because a child wishes to twerk on stage at 4am in a highly sexualised environment doesn’t mean we should all bend over (pardon the pun) and accommodate that.

Wibbs wrote: »

Jesus, this - and it's all too common - fall back to the "law". You seem unaware that even in my lifetime you as a Gay man(presumption) your sexuality was illegal in Ireland. It's still illegal in many countries around the world, up to imprisonment and execution. So if a Gay man is hanged in some country out there where it's legally mandated, is that "above board"? Why not? How dare you judge their culture etc...

There's a big difference between a boy performing as a drag queen and someone being hung for being gay you're not equating like for like you're using one extreme example of law in some countries. I obviously would not agree with the law revolving around gay men and women in certain countries but, in this instance I see no problem with the law that allows him to do what he wants to do which is to be a professional drag performer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

It’s not because you didn’t agree with the majority, but what you actually disagree with the majority on that has people questioning your belief system

( or supposed belief system. I think you’re * but it’s getting a bit old.).

I urge you to edit this post. This poster is not worth getting a ban or a warning for for using that word

There's a big difference between a boy performing as a drag queen and someone being hung for being gay you're not equating like for like you're using one extreme example of law in some countries. I obviously would not agree with the law revolving around gay men and women in certain countries but, in this instance I see no problem with the law that allows him to do what he wants to do which is to be a professional drag performer.

He's fcuking 11 years of age twerking for dollars in a nightclub at 4am. Jesus Christ almighty.

You will be raging when Brian returns and you have to up your game for attention here. A battle of lack of wits, so it will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,998 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

This is the crux of the issue. Have you got proof that he is being exploited? I stand by my previous point in that he wants to do it. So therefore, it is not child exploitation nor is it a child protection issue.

how do you know he wants to do it.
    he has been conditioned to do it and knows no better, that is the reality.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Side_Window_Watc_4a481642d4e7e_grande.png?v=1459044384

how do you know he wants to do it.
    he has been conditioned to do it and knows no better, that is the reality.

I believe his mother when she said it's what he wants to do. Have you got evidence or proof of him being conditioned to do it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

The choice of examples are irrelevant - his point is that legality does not equal morality.

A point you appear to be unable to grasp..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

I believe his mother when she said it's what he wants to do. Have you got evidence or proof of him being conditioned to do it?

how are you not getting this? Even if we assume that this is what the child wants to do, we don't let kids do everything they want and that includes dancing in front of adult men for money.

• Advertisement

Omackeral wrote: »
    He's fcuking 11 years of age twerking for dollars in a nightclub at 4am. Jesus Christ almighty.

Not to mention being mentored by a sociopath junkie murderer, mimicing snorting drugs online, being the name behind a website that will 100% attract paedos, isn't getting educated properly, having his parent control his (cough) professional drag artist, 4am gay club sexually provocatively dancing career, uprooting him and separating him from social bonding from his peers and those who he cognitively matches, being sexualised to the point his parents pronounced him gay at two years of age.

But..............it is what he wants to do and the law doesn't dictate against it. (the reason for this is mainly because it isn't normal and a very bizzare anomaly of a case (right now) so you would imagine the law wouldn't have had to go to extremes to introduce legislation on it.

The law does allow to get CPS to investigate this though, but for some f*cked up reason they haven't got involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

This has to be the most disturbing thread i've ever read on boards :eek:

The open condoning and active support of what is obviously abuse of a minor is beyond sickening.

Scary times we live in.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

The whole thing is seriously ****ed up. No kid should be in a club doing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Defaulter1831

The most worrying aspect of it all is how certain sections of mainstream media seemingly have no issue with it.

On the contrary, they seem to be celebrating it.

'My mom doesn't like me drinking caffeine'.

Says it all about 'Amazing Desmond' who is in expressing himself. Not a statement a mature adult would make.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Rennaws wrote: »
    This has to be the most disturbing thread i've ever read on boards :eek:

The open condoning and active support of what is obviously abuse of a minor is beyond sickening.

Scary times we live in.

This thread would have been locked and deleted not too long ago for showing underage smut.

Now it's celebrated openly by perverts coming out of their sleazy dens.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,253 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

gpp8Qtk.jpg

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,488 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

If this is correct his mother should be encouraging him to do it... When he's an adult.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,184 ✭✭✭✭looksee

The whole business of LGBTQ and even the child's gender preferences are irrelevant. He is a child who should be in his own home, in his own bed at any time after about 10pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Defaulter1831

Don't Thank Me

Whatever forum you ever appear on again you'll forever be seen as either a troll or someone who holds ideas detrimental to the protection of children. That's about as mild as I can put it without receiving an infraction.

• Advertisement

This is the same mother that insisted he was introduced as gay at pre-school when he was a 3 year old. Some kids are still in bloody pull up nappies at that age. She's obviously not right in the head. Creepy unfit wagon of a ''mom'. Yet she'll still have her supporters among the fringes. Shameful carry on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement