Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

11 yr/old drag kid worshiped within LGBTQ community (Mod warning op)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,770 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I dont think either of them are taking the piss. Theres enough posters on here who im sure would back them up. This is a part of Irish society now unfortunately.

That's the biggest concern. That these attitudes are no longer confined to social media and America but are now actually starting to seep into everyday Irish society as well.

You see it daily in news reports and ffs we even have a Taoiseach more concerned with his personal profile and twitter account and being "right on" than addressing the problems and concerns of the electorate.

But it didn't happen in this country and his performance complied with the laws of the jurisdiction in which he performed therefore, it is not child exploitation nor is it a child protection issue. If the same thing happen in this country then yes it would be a child protection issue but it did not so it is not in this case.

Morally speaking, you agree with their more lax laws where this happening?

i too am outraged that here, in ireland, this worrying event has occur- what?....

oh really?

no, i just saw the thread title and i...well, yknow hundreds of comments and i, well, naturally...

no it is strange when you think of it, yes.

almost as if they were looking for outrage, yes..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Wind Up

Wind Up

Wind Up.

I wouldn't be so sure. Look at how this has been on mainstream television and nobody batted an eyelid. Strangely, there are plenty of people out there that see nothing wrong with this. It's completely messed up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭DontThankMe

mzungu wrote: »
    How else would you interpret a 10 year old dancing like a stripper in a nightclub and being thrown dollar bills by the clientele? :confused:

I didn't see anything that resembles dancing like a stripper in the video linked in the OP. He is jumping and walking not dancing provocatively. I would interpret it as him expressing himself and doing what he wants to do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

i too am outraged that here, in ireland, this worrying event has occur- what?....

oh really?

no, i just saw the thread title and i...well, yknow hundreds of comments and i, well, naturally...

Anyone care to translate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Keep her lit, DTM.

Morally speaking, you agree with their more lax laws where this happening?

Yes I don't see any problem with it morally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭gw80

oh really?

Ya what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭0cp71eyxkb94qf

Serious bang of Jimmy Saville enabling from this thread

Maybe if Jimmy was a member of a certain community he would have a certain cohort of people defending him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    That's the biggest concern. That these attitudes are no longer confined to social media and America but are now actually starting to seep into everyday Irish society as well.

You see it daily in news reports and ffs we even have a Taoiseach more concerned with his personal profile and twitter account and being "right on" than addressing the problems and concerns of the electorate.

Thats the thing i doubt the majority of people will come out and tell you its ok for children to be abused etc but when you open the gates everyone and i mean everyone is gonna barge right in!

As long as the likes of Leo is in charge in Ireland where going to continue to go down the progressive hill which a lot of people will tell you is great and about time but wait until the crazy's start getting real power in Ireland like they have in America. You might start seeing more people change there stance then!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

But it didn't happen in this country and his performance complied with the laws of the jurisdiction in which he performed therefore, it is not child exploitation nor is it a child protection issue.

Sounds like you should move there

I'll step up

why the fcuk are ye all performing this macabre ordeal about one idiot family on another continent in another society when there is absolutely fcuk all to be gleaned from any aspect of it that has any iota of possibility of impacting upon the life of a single person on boards.ie that doesn't wish for it to do so

its utterly ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 28,770 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

He's trying to deflect from the legitimate concerns expressed by many on this thread because it didn't happen in Ireland and suggesting that people are just outraged for the sake of it.

Deflection, condescending and obvious.

Yes I don't see any problem with it morally.

I used to teach 11-year-olds. The difference between 11 and 13 even is massive, nevermind 13 and 18.

Morally, I think it is wrong. If you were in Cambodia and saw an 11-year-old girl up on stage dancing, I'd say you yourself would be aghast.

I'll step up

why the fcuk are ye all performing this macabre ordeal about one idiot family on another continent in another society when there is absolutely fcuk all to be gleaned from any aspect of it that has any iota of possibility of impacting upon the life of a single person on boards.ie that doesn't wish for it to do so

its utterly ridiculous

Discussion forum, innit?

Discussion forum, innit?

i am aware, im a member of it myself

but anyone extrapolating one isolated example of aberrant behaviour from the states and casting dire warnings about "the way things are going" or any such broadcast view from it is a total mug playing a mug's game

just because you can read about something doesnt mean it impacts you

and just because one thing happened somewhere doesnt mean the world has changed around you while you slept

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

So you don't want discussion of events that don't occur in Ireland, that's all I can get from your comment. You yourself of course could just avoid reading stuff that you have no interest in and allow others to discuss things they wish too.

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    He's trying to deflect from the legitimate concerns expressed by many on this thread because it didn't happen in Ireland and suggesting that people are just outraged for the sake of it.

Deflection, condescending and obvious.

lol

you realise what the phrase 'legitimate concerns' is actual shorthand for, don't you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Morally, I think it is wrong. If you were in Cambodia and saw an 11-year-old girl up on stage dancing, I'd say you yourself would be aghast.

Considering their posts (unless they are a windup merchant) I doubt they would be aghast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

I'll step up

its utterly ridiculous

Ireland is heading in the very same direction.

We have adopted the politics of America more and more thats fairly obvious at this stage.

So its not ridiculous to think there are people who would act the very same living local to me or you.

Sounds like you should move there

Will you buy me a one way ticket?

but anyone extrapolating one isolated example of aberrant behaviour from the states and casting dire warnings about "the way things are going" or any such broadcast view from it is a total mug playing a mug's game

and just because one thing happened somewhere doesnt mean the world has changed around you while you slept

Not really. This isn’t a random upload to youtube. It’s a child who has appeared on American TV, and if the thread is right British TV. Big on YouTube etc.

Also US ideologies tend to be mainstream here within a year or so.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Maybe if Jimmy was a member of a certain community he would have a certain cohort of people defending him.

:rolleyes:

lol

you realise what the phrase 'legitimate concerns' is actual shorthand for, don't you?

Not really, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

People are defending it though, attempting to normalise it. People here, in this country. This kid has also been celebrated on morning talk shows in the UK which, like it or not, can have quite the influence on us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

So basically you have entered this thread just to advocate what should be discussed on any given thread?

Do you do this to all threads? Why specifically this thread?

Because you must be a busy man?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

ixoy wrote: »
    What does this even mean? Do you think there's some sort of governing group that speaks for us? Would you expect the straight community to have to speak up to condemn child exploitation that we've seen elsewhere?
    I take your point I, but they generally do. When child exploitation is exposed condemnation by the mainstream, which statistically would be mostly straight, is pretty quick in coming. And as I noted earlier this "performance" came to light because Gay lads in that club were disgusted by it.
    If you were in Cambodia and saw an 11-year-old girl up on stage dancing, I'd say you yourself would be aghast.
    Indeed. Though the "gay angle" muddies the water for the reasons I outlined earlier. Generally speaking previously marginalised groups get more leeway and that's for the most part a good thing, but it can go too far to the point were the group is seen as a hive mind and oddly almost morally superior. So few Straight people would take offence at the suggestion that there are a helluva lot of straight deviant scum out there sexually exploiting the vulnerable.

However there is a concern among marginalised groups that if they do point out issues within their community, particularly ones that have been used as a stick to hit them with(paedophile = Gay), that it'll be a negative step back. Those outside the groups can feel similarly. Those with ideologies really won't question. Ideologues almost never do. Some may even promote things like this to appear "right on". QV the TV stations. Add in the fear of being accused of being "phobic" and here we are.

It's also a part of the victimhood narrative more and more common today. IE ideas like people of colour can't be racists, women can't be sexists and so on.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Will you buy me a one way ticket?

I’m wondering are you aware that the lack of support and thanks on your posts has nothing to do with your username instruction and everything to do with your posts coming across a little bit rapey.

• Advertisement

Jumbo2018 wrote: »
    Quite amazing that boards is allowing you to even take this position continually and you haven't been permabanned. Pretty sick to be using this kind of issue for a wind up if that is what you're doing

Bad look for the website when one of the mods of the website has taken a similar position and apparently that's OK.

Seems like being tolerant is a lot more important these days than being right.

And who exactly defines what is "right" in this instance is it you? is it what the majority believes is "right". Everything he did was done legally and above board so nothing wrong there but, surely he must be getting exploited and forced to do it therefore it is "true" that it is child abuse. Oh wait there's no evidence or proof of this but it's still the "facts" right no child would willing or voluntarily do what he is doing because every child should act in a certain way and not go against the "norms" that society has set out for him/her.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement