Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

11 yr/old drag kid worshiped within LGBTQ community (Mod warning op)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

It's used with great success on gambling sites, crypto currency exchanges etc. So all of a sudden it's not going to work anymore because it would used to verify minors identities. As long as the site operates within the law whoever is administering it is irrelevant.

Sadly not on Boards.ie it appears.

I don't believe you believe any of this to be honest. You have just dug your heels too far in that you refuse to apply common sense to the point that the more ignorant you come across in your posts, the more you are getting a buzz out of the debate and people challenging your so called opinions.

Classic ........... well you know what word I want to put in here.

Obviously there would be an adult monitoring discussions to ensure that it's all above board.

Obviously to who?
    Nothing I have seen makes this obvious, in fact, quite the opposite

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

I saw this on Good Morning America a while back, and could not believe that everybody in the audience and the presenters thought this as a good news story. If the Child Protection Services had any courage, they should have acted straight after this show.

You where watching a controlled media broadcast!

Everything in the media is one hundred percent controlled to push an agenda.

If you want local examples go download a very popular Irish news sites app....

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Some of the posts of this thread have also been really disturbing - to the point I really hope those posters don't have children.

Well one of them, Brian, freely offered up the information that he has two sons younger than Desmond and that he "doesn't know" if adult men throwing dollar bills at his scantily clad kids gyrating would bother him or not.

Grim.

Omackeral wrote: »
    Well one of them, Brian, freely offered up the information that he has two sons younger than Desmond and that he "doesn't know" if adult men throwing dollar bills at his scantily clad kids gyrating would bother him or not.

Grim.

He said being out late was his only real determined concern!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭DontThankMe

I don't believe you believe any of this to be honest. You have just dug your heels too far in that you refuse to apply common sense to the point that the more ignorant you come across in your posts, the more you are getting a buzz out of the debate and people challenging your so called opinions.

Classic ........... well you know what word I want to put in here.

So people aren't entitled to have different opinions anymore they must agree with what the majority thinks and not see things from different point of view. I see nothing wrong with what he is doing since it is what he wants to do and nobody in this thread has yet to provide any evidence to the contrary it's all heresy and outrage nothing concrete at all and that somehow makes me the crazy one?

So people aren't entitled to have different opinions anymore they must agree with what the majority thinks and not see things from different point of view. I see nothing wrong with what he is doing since it is what he wants to do and nobody in this thread has yet to provide any evidence to the contrary it's all heresy and outrage nothing concrete at all and that somehow makes me the crazy one?

The evidence is in his age!

So people aren't entitled to have different opinions anymore they must agree with what the majority thinks and not see things from different point of view

Not when it is about child protection.
    This is explotation, which is a child protection issue.
    There really is no other point of view

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

As long as the site operates within the law whoever is administering it is irrelevant.

Jesus Christ. Is this legit?

So you'd have no issue with a paedo operating an online site for kids (with parents blocked), as long as the site operates within the law.

Eh no it would be fairly simple to ensure that only the targeted audience get access to the site via a photo verification system in which each participant would be verified through a photo. Obviously there would be an adult monitoring discussions to ensure that it's all above board.

Sounds like you'd love that job yourself.

• Advertisement

No, but you have an answer to everything, and refuse to agree with every issue on a wide array of points that posters have made on the forum connected to the thread topic that can be deemed criticism. I haven't seen you once accept any logical point someone makes, you are just in full defence mode, there is no acceptance of any element of criticism. That is no coincidence. So I refuse to believe you are doing anything but arguing for the sake of arguing at this stage and it is hard to take someone's posts seriously as you know they will reject any sort of critical points proferred around the the subject.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Serious bang of Jimmy Saville enabling from this thread

bubblypop wrote: »
    Not when it is about child protection.
    This is explotation, which is a child protection issue.
    There really is no other point of view

This is the crux of the issue. Have you got proof that he is being exploited? I stand by my previous point in that he wants to do it. So therefore, it is not child exploitation nor is it a child protection issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Sounds like you'd love that job yourself.

I am genuinely not saying this in a humorous way but I really am concerned about that poster's posts, the tone of them is very worrying.

This thread is also very interesting in light of the Surviving R Kelly documentary and how the parents of those children also have a lot to answer for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

Jesus Christ. Is this legit?

So you'd have no issue with a paedo operating an online site for kids (with parents blocked), as long as the site operates within the law.

Do you notice that ''within the law'' is trotted out all the time? It's legal, so no problem.

I find that very sinister. Especially given the quality of some judges, a couple of months for incest or whatever you're having yourself. Not to mention the desire of not a few legislators to be seen as the wokest people in the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Ever read someone's posts and think they are just on a windup ? Doubtful they would try and justify child abuse in the same manner in the off line world.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Ever read someone's posts and think they are just on a windup ? Doubtful they would try and justify child abuse in the same manner in the off line world.

I really really hope it's a wind up.

This is the crux of the issue. Have you got proof that he is being exploited? I stand by my previous point in that he wants to do it. So therefore, it is not child exploitation nor is it a child protection issue.

Kids want to do a lot of things that are not good for them. It's up to the adults in their life to protect them.
    If he wants to be a drag artist, then let him do it at home, in private for friends & family.
    Not for a night club full of grown men for money.
    I'm not sure how you are missing this point?

No, but you have an answer to everything, and refuse to agree with every issue on a wide array of points that posters have made on the forum connected to the thread topic that can be deemed criticism. I haven't seen you once accept any logical point someone makes, you are just in full defence mode, there is no acceptance of any element of criticism. That is no coincidence. So I refuse to believe you are doing anything but arguing for the sake of arguing at this stage and it is hard to take someone's posts seriously as you know they will reject any sort of critical points proferred around the the subject.

How can I agree with anyone's critical points/analysis when I fundamentally disagree with their interpretation of events. I should simply roll over and give in to the pressure of the majority and change my views/opinions simply because posters believe that they are "right" and there is no other possible interpretation of the events.

bubblypop wrote: »
    Kids want to do a lot of things that are not good for them. It's up to the adults in their life to protect them.
    If he wants to be a drag artist, then let him do it at home, in private for friends & family.
    Not for a night club full of grown men for money.
    I'm not sure how you are missing this point?

You do realise that he is a professional drag performer. How can he be a professional if he doesn't perform for an audience his mother was there to supervise his performance to ensure that it was all above board so I don't have a problem with it.

• Advertisement

Wind Up

Wind Up

Wind Up.

Your outlook is very dangerous. "If he wants to do it then it can't be a child protection issue". Apply that "logic" to a young girl/boy who thinks they're in love with an adult. They're doing what they want to do but the reality is that the balance of power is not equal. Could be dealing with statutory rape but sure the minor wants to so, and I quote, therefore it is not child exploitation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Jumbo2018

How can I agree with anyone's critical points/analysis when I fundamentally disagree with their interpretation of events. I should simply roll over and give in to the pressure of the majority and change my views/opinions simply because posters believe that they are "right" and there is no other possible interpretation of the events.

Quite amazing that boards is allowing you to even take this position continually and you haven't been permabanned. Pretty sick to be using this kind of issue for a wind up if that is what you're doing .

Bad look for the website when one of the mods of the website has taken a similar position and apparently that's OK.

Seems like being tolerant is a lot more important these days than being right.

You do realise that he is a professional drag performer. How can he be a professional if he doesn't perform for an audience his mother was there to supervise his performance to ensure that it was all above board so I don't have a problem with it.

The point being that he shouldn't be a professional drag performer.
    He is overly sexual. It's not just that performance, but the whole attitude & tweaking at gay pride festivals etc

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Actually it is a child protection issue, or at least it would be in this country. If we start from as simple as it being illegal for a child to be in that kind of venue at that hour of the morning, I can count at least five or six other abuses of his welfare in a thirty second clip. Children want to do plenty of things, but lack the rights to do them. That’s why adults, who, by and large have the congnitive capacity to make responsible decisions on their behalf, should always have their welfare as no.1 priority. That is except for the disgraceful creeps whooping and hollering at a child in a belly top in the video (and the ones on this thread who see no issue with same)

erica74 wrote: »
    I am genuinely not saying this in a humorous way but I really am concerned about that poster's posts, the tone of them is very worrying.

My hope is that this chap is ripping the p*ss and that the other fella with the two young sons is just a virtue-signaller.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭gw80

The majority of people on this thread think it's wrong, the majority of people offline thinks it's wrong, sometimes when your opinions go against the majority you may want to sit back, in a quiet room on your own, and have a serious chat with yourself,you might come to the conclusion that you were wrong,and that's ok.

My hope is that this chap is ripping the p*ss and that the other fella with the two young sons is just a virtue-signaller.
    I dont think either of them are taking the piss. Theres enough posters on here who im sure would back them up. This is a part of Irish society now unfortunately.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

How else would you interpret a 10 year old dancing like a stripper in a nightclub and being thrown dollar bills by the clientele? :confused:

• Advertisement

Actually it is a child protection issue, or at least it would be in this country.

But it didn't happen in this country and his performance complied with the laws of the jurisdiction in which he performed therefore, it is not child exploitation nor is it a child protection issue. If the same thing happen in this country then yes it would be a child protection issue but it did not so it is not in this case.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement