Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Speaking of the Battle Royal, Sonny seems to have the commentators a bit confused. JR referring to him as she and when it cut to a rear view someone who was talking reacted with what sounded like approval.

Sonny identifies as male but is happy with She/Her pronouns too

https://twitter.com/SonnyKissXO/status/1083466653709537281?s=20

Also Tyson is 53...not quite a pensioner

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Looks like the Tyson/Jericho segment has already had over 1.2million views in just under two hours on youtube which is what they want i guess

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Looks like the Tyson/Jericho segment has already had over 1.2million views in just under two hours on youtube which is what they want i guess

I thought it wasn’t great but it’s worked and that’s what matters it’s at 1.3m now nearly a million ahead of the next highest viewed video

And this is why aew and wwe will continue to do these stuff it drives good ratings, views and engagements with the brand

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Not sure is it just me but Brian Cage does absolutely nothing of interest for me and the same goes for FTR.Really underwhelmed by both.

I do like Jon Moxley but he hasn't the same charisma as Chris Jericho.No interest in him as champ.

Still hoping they keep pushing Lance Archer as an unstoppable monster.

Really delighted 'Hangman' Adam Page is back as well!They gotta keep pushing the likes of him,MJF,Britt Baker,Orange Cassidy,Sammy Guevara and even Jack Perry has grown on me lately!

Also now that Britt Baker is unfortunately injured for 6 months,I really hope they give Anna Jay a push!Have really high hopes for the 'Star Of The Show'.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Jackie Daytona

This is something going under the radar a bit if AEW could sign Cejudo that could be an amazing get. An Olympic gold medal wrestler and retired two weigh UFC champion.

Cejudo vs Sammy Guevara seems like money to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,016 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Anyone doubting the Revival, just give them one match, and you'll get it. They are possibly the best workers in the business right now. You won't see them pull out many high spots, with them it's all pacing and psychology. You'll be buzzing every time their babyface opponents make a hot tag, and you won't even realise why.

I just hope they have strong enough personalities to fight back against the gaga groupthink in that division. I'm confident they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Holy Shida - there was something about AEW that you didn't like? this is amazing considering how much you sing their praises each and every week. I mean you have never ever ever said even the remotest of bad words about AEW, I assumed you were a super fan!

this sh!t is beyond the point of "getting old" now!

He's not far off being wrong in this case.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

The take here is to hit a 0.32 during the pandemic is a big accomplishment for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Great numbers for AEW, obvious why they brought Iron Mike in.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

This is something going under the radar a bit if AEW could sign Cejudo that could be an amazing get. An Olympic gold medal wrestler and retired two weigh UFC champion.

The issue could be his height. I loved watching Cejudo fight, even if his promos and character (toward the end) were cringey AF. But you have to remember, even if he's a stud athlete and has a good physique, he's 5'4". He's two inches taller than Marko Stunt.

Whatever about buying the likes of Jericho, Angle, Bryan, etc. who were about 5'9", Cejudo would be a tough sell in a business that prizes size and a company that has the likes of Lance Archer and Luchasauras.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭BSK

Britt Baker is brilliant. Aubrey Edwards gets the rub from everybody

• Registered Users Posts: 60,367 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Pensioner Tyson drew double the number of viewers of the NXT cage match.

Pensioner Tyson drew double the number of viewers of the NXT cage match.

Raw doubled aew viewers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

sky88 wrote: »
    Raw doubled aew viewers

And the boring news shows with two people just talking behind a desk DESTROYED all the exciting wrestling action in the ratings. Seriously lads, ye live in Ireland and presumably aren't shareholders in either company. Why argue this stuff so much when it affects you in no way, shape or form?

Knowing the numbers for each show doesn't affect my enjoyment. NXT and AEW both had good showings this week. Just enjoy what you enjoy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Yeh I don't get why people get so butt-hurt over having a bit of craic with the ratings and all, I mean the shows are on the same night so obviously going to be compared, at least it brings a bit of life to the forum! It's pro wrestling at the end of the day, no need to take it so seriously.

However the fact still remains that AEW puts NXT in the bin 99% of the time ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

And the boring news shows with two people just talking behind a desk DESTROYED all the exciting wrestling action in the ratings. Seriously lads, ye live in Ireland and presumably aren't shareholders in either company. Why argue this stuff so much when it affects you in no way, shape or form?

Knowing the numbers for each show doesn't affect my enjoyment. NXT and AEW both had good showings this week. Just enjoy what you enjoy :)

You think here is bad, Reddit is something else entirely. Ratings only scratch the surface of the dick-measuring contest. There's ratings, demos, quarter hour ratings, Youtube views, Google search trends "wars."

I was joking I didn’t even watch raw. I couldn’t care less who wins the ratings at the end only going to make 2 billionaires richer in the end

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

So, Tony Khan says that Hulk Hogan is banned from all AEW events, presumably because of his racially charged melt down from years ago.

But hold on, what's this, world renowned thug and convicted rapist, Mike Tyson, is welcome anytime.

Hmm. OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

sirmanga wrote: »
    So, Tony Khan says that Hulk Hogan is banned from all AEW events, presumably because of his racially charged melt down from years ago.

But hold on, what's this, world renowned thug and convicted rapist, Mike Tyson, is welcome anytime.

Hmm. OK.

Just saw this and had to read it to believe it. Absolutely moronic. Jesus Christ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Tony Khan is just trying to keep the smarks happy as with all things AEW do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

For anyone wondering WHY Tony Khan did what he did, which was only made known, once Tony took the bait in replying to a racist tweet from Linda Hogan. Something sirmanaga conveniently left out of his post late last night........

https://www.cagesideseats.com/2020/6/2/21278398/hulk-hogan-banned-from-all-aew-shows-tony-khan-responds-linda-racist-tweet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    For anyone wondering WHY Tony Khan did what he did, which was only made known, once Tony took the bait in replying to a racist tweet from Linda Hogan. Something sirmanaga conveniently left out of his post late last night........

https://www.cagesideseats.com/2020/6/2/21278398/hulk-hogan-banned-from-all-aew-shows-tony-khan-responds-linda-racist-tweet

It doesn't explain why Hogan himself was barred? And I think the main issue in this thread so far is that Hogan may have been banned because of his own racial slurs, but they also parade a convicted rapist around on TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

It doesn't explain why Hogan himself was barred? And I think the main issue in this thread so far is that Hogan may have been banned because of his own racial slurs, but they also parade a convicted rapist around on TV.

Tony honestly shouldn't have taken the bait in replying to Linda's tweet. This will come back to bite him eventually.

But while Tyson was a once convicted rapist, did time (should've had a longer sentence than 6 years, out in 3 due to parole) but he's got that hanging over his head for the rest of his life being on the sex offenders registers.

Which I'm sure WarnerMedia and TNT/AEW knew about before approaching Tyson.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

Not a big fan of what aboutery, but I have to say, if you told me that I could do business with someone who used racial epitaphs & gave a half hearted apology, or a man who hit, held down, confined and raped an 18 year old girl and never showed any remorse or contrition - I would object to both but I would certainly have more issue with the latter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Monokne wrote: »
    Not a big fan of what aboutery, but I have to say, if you told me that I could do business with someone who used racial epitaphs & gave a half hearted apology, or a man who hit, held down, confined and raped an 18 year old girl and never showed any remorse or contrition - I would object to both but I would certainly have more issue with the latter.

At the end of the day it was 30 years ago, he has always denied it, and he served his sentence and never re-offended. The makers of The Hangover didn't have an issue giving him a job over 10 yrs ago.

He was definitely a riskier proposition when Vince employed him a couple of years out of jail and a few months after effectively ending his boxing career in disgrace biting off Holyfield's ear.

There is another difference too, Tyson was a real life tough guy from the projects of Brooklyn and Hogan was essentially a children's entertainer and All-American hero.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

2ndcoming wrote: »
    At the end of the day it was 30 years ago, he has always denied it, and he served his sentence and never re-offended. The makers of The Hangover didn't have an issue giving him a job over 10 yrs ago.

He was definitely a riskier proposition when Vince employed him a couple of years out of jail and a few months after effectively ending his boxing career in disgrace biting off Holyfield's ear.

There is another difference too, Tyson was a real life tough guy from the projects of Brooklyn and Hogan was essentially a children's entertainer and All-American hero.

Yes, that is specifically the problem.

He is a rapist. He ruined that girls life and is still hiding from it. There are not many crimes that border on unforgivable but rape is one, and even more so when he's never apologised.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,367 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

From Friday Florida will allow 50% capacity at sporting events.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Monokne wrote: »
    Yes, that is specifically the problem.

He is a rapist. He ruined that girls life and is still hiding from it. There are not many crimes that border on unforgivable but rape is one, and even more so when he's never apologised.

From his 2013 book:

I spent most of the six weeks between my conviction for rape and sentencing traveling around the country romancing all of my various girlfriends. It was my way of saying good-bye to them. And when I wasn’t with them, I was fending off all the women who propositioned me. Everywhere I’d go, there were some women who would come up to me and say, “Come on, I’m not going to say that you raped me. You can come with me. I’ll let you film it.” I later realized that that was their way of saying “We know you didn’t do it.” But I didn’t take it that way. I’d strike back indignantly with a rude response. Although they were saying what they said out of support, I was in too much pain to realize it. I was an ignorant, mad, bitter guy who had a lot of growing up to do.

But some of my anger was understandable. I was a twenty-five-year-old kid facing sixty years in jail for a crime that I did not commit. Let me repeat here what I said before the grand jury, during the trial, at my sentencing, at my early release hearing, after I got out of prison, and what I will continue to say until they put me in the ground. I did not rape Desiree Washington. She knows it, God knows it, and the consequences of her actions are something that she’s got to live with for the rest of her life.

-

Seems a long time to stick so firmly to a story, I'd imagine he would have had plenty more propositions in his 15 years of partying post-release as a worldwide household name but not so much as a Me Too mention since. Kicked booze and drugs, went vegan, still no budging.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Britt Baker in the crowd in a Role's Royce Wheelchair!

She really is the best thing in all of wrestling!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,016 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Decent show this week, first hour flew.

Advertisement