Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Really enjoyed AEW Dark last night.

Really loving Lance Archer and he really does have one of the best entrances I have ever seen in wrestling.

He's been badly underused since he lost to Cody which is really pissing me off!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,011 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Really enjoyed AEW Dark last night.

Really loving Lance Archer and he really does have one of the best entrances I have ever seen in wrestling.

He's been badly underused since he lost to Cody which is really pissing me off!

They have a likeable, charismatic and natural sympathetic babyface in Scorpio Sky, I feel him and Archer would make a good programme, which would elevate both, especially if Archer/Roberts get real heat on him. Sky wouldn't even need to go over to get over, so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,344 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

This broad needs to find Jesus quickly :) Britt is awesome.

WWE must have sent a cease and desist to AEW and Billy Gunn for using the full name Billy Gunn.

They are just calling him Billy like they did with Cody without using the surname and using his sons with him to get the full Billy Gunn name out.

Also Britt rocks with the note passing.

Ricky Starks another good signing by AEW.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Ricky Starks another good signing by AEW.

Hugely underwhelming if signed just like Brian Cage and FTR!

Ridiculous how new guys/signings are going straight to title shots.

Feels like The Elite are really starting to hog the limelight lately which is really annoying me too.

Another really solid episode and some great matches.

Orange vs Jericho could be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Kenny/Page vs. Dustin & QT, - solid enough opener, though Dustin took a spot with Kenny, that left him shook like a hand at mass.

I'm curious to see which version of Matt's personality's will Sammy Guevara choose to face next Wednesday? Or will he rotate them and Sammy gets a dose of all of them?

FTR & The Young Bucks, I said what I said last week, keep them apart for as long as possible, though The Butcher & The Blade seem to be the connecting factor between them so far. Sabian and Havoc looked good in defeat. AEW's tag division is loaded.

Not completely up to speed with Ricky Starks, other than he took Cody to the limit, feels like he and Arn are being positioned as heels.

Anna Jay joining Dark Order? Sort of makes sense, given her losing streak, I'm gonna wait and see how this develops.

Britt Baker just continues to be an inspiring role model.

Billy without Gunn after it, didn't sit right with me, hopefully he can get the Gunn part back. MJF is a despicable SOB, but a damned good one.

Him and Wardlow vs. Jurassic Express seems to be something planned down the line.

Glad Best Friends held onto their tag team contendership. Orange Cassidy vs. Chris Jericho, ooh buddy that'll be a good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,841 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Nice of them to remember that Best Friends were Number 1 contenders, though no idea what that means since there have been other tag title matches since they won that match.

Like when Impact does it, I don't see the point in making their PPV just be part of the weekly shows. They're just normal episodes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Genetic Jackhammer

The thing with AEW Dynamite is I would actually love it to be a 3 hour show as they have enough talent on it to fill another hour. Saying that I would tire of 3 hours quick enough and right now they leave me wanting more which is always a good thing. I hope they do not start to over expose the product.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Yeah given the number of ad breaks, 2 hours is spot on I think with PPVs up to three.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Another really good episode for me, enjoyed the tag matches and Cody/Starks. Delighted to see Starks in the company, he did some excellent stuff in the NWA, thought he was presented very well in his debut.

Good jump up in ratings for AEW, NXT bringing some big names from the main roster recently and still getting binned.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

With Florida the way it is with 5000 new cases I really can’t see how they and wwe keep taping going there as this will constantly happen each week the tape

Luchasaurus shooting star press :eek:

AEW commentary team being open that wrestlers are missing due to Covid-19 and not hiding from it.

Orange vs Jericho closing was great and I can't wait to see them go head to head.

Renee has Covid-19 that is why Mox is isolating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

The press conferance was one of the worst wrestling segments I've seen in years. The drizzling ****s.

Codys ego holds no bounds.

Orange vs Jericho closing was great and I can't wait to see them go head to head.

Really would've thought that would've been on Fyter Fest Night 1, but it's on Night 2. Either way, it's going to be a great match.

• Advertisement

The Butcher & The Blade & Fenix and Pentagon vs The Young Bucks & FTR, 8 man tag team match at Fyter Fest, I can't see the Bucks & FTR getting along, given the BTE history of shots being taken against Harwood & Wheeler.

Though it could easily be done as a temporary truce/the enemy of my enemy is my friend situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    The Butcher & The Blade & Fenix and Pentagon vs The Young Bucks & FTR, 8 man tag team match at Fyter Fest, I can't see the Bucks & FTR getting along, given the BTE history of shots being taken against Harwood & Wheeler.

Though it could easily be done as a temporary truce/the enemy of my enemy is my friend situation.

FTR to turn on the Bucks and cost them the match

Wuff Wuff wrote: »
    FTR to turn on the Bucks and cost them the match

Could go that way as well. Add another story thread to their rivalry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭John Hutton

I'd like to see the bucks vs ftr, but only with a hot crowd. Save it for then

• Registered Users Posts: 17,011 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Personally, I'd turn the bucks on ftr. Bucks can actually work really well as heels, (look at the opening 10ish minutes from their match vs Cody and Dustin). Plus, at least from my own perspective, they are legitimately dislikable people, being uber Christians who doubted where Obama was born. Also, the whole Matt Jackson having the strength of ten men shtick just screams egomaniac. I cannot get lost in a match where I see a guy his size hit rolling northern lights suplexes on a 200lb man, or double suplexing two guys bigger than him.

Only issue would be how ftr would work a match as babyfaces - have they ever done this?

I'm calling bull**** on The Young Bucks doubting where Obama was born, I've never read or seen anything stating they doubted his legitimacy as an American.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I'm calling bull**** on The Young Bucks doubting where Obama was born, I've never read or seen anything stating they doubted his legitimacy as an American.

Not them but seen the tweets from their dad which say that probably assuming the yb’s are the same but like it’s not a hard stretch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Just some good pro-wrestling all round, particularly enjoyed FTR/SCU, Luchasaurus/Wardlow and the Jericho/Orange segment. Another great show from AEW.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭BSK

I really enjoy the Butcher & the Blade and I don’t really know why

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Genetic Jackhammer

Orange Cassidy is money.

Advertisement