Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,126 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The next Takeover will be telling. If he loses the belt I reckon he'll go. If not, no chance he's leaving.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

I'd be very surprised if WWE don't offer Cole a decent contract to stop him signing with AEW but with his relationship with Britt and ties over there from his ROH days it won't be any shock if he did leave. I wonder what the contract status is with the rest of the Undisputed Era

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Would be a great get for AEW if they could nab Cole from WWE. Looking at the pics, Tony Schiavone was having the time of his life, you love to see it!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,881 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Cole's been NXT champion for a while and he and the rest of UE are doing well in NXT. I'd say he'd be better waiting to see how he gets treated on the main roster.
    If he went to AEW, what's there for him apart from Britt. He could get the title shot early on like Brodie and Cage, though maybe TNT title instead.
    Personally I think they've already got more than enough on their roster.
    Like maybe they're on Dark, but I can't remember the last time I saw Private Party before Saturday's match. And looking at their audience, there are ones there I only see in Battle Royals.
    And speaking of Saturday, they had 9 guys in a ladder match and 10 in the main event.
    And that's before we get the rumoured new signings.

Is Kylie Ray the only one who they've signed that has left?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,038 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Yeah, I actually struggle to whittle the AEW male roster down to 20 to do a G1 style tournament;

Adam Page
    Brian Cage
    Brodie Lee
    Chris Jericho
    Christopher Daniels
    Cody
    Darby Allin
    Dustin Rhodes
    Frankie Kazarian
    Jake Hager
    Jon Moxley
    Jungle Boy
    Kenny Omega
    Lance Archer
    Matt Hardy
    MJF
    Pac
    Rey Fenix
    Sammy Guevara
    Scorpio Sky
    Shawn Spears
    Trent

That's 22; I guess you could maybe get rid of one of SCU (maybe Daniels given his age / injuries) and then Dustin, again just because of his age.

And keep in mind, this is also leaving out Colt, Kip , Luchasaurus, and Wardlow

The numbers and the talent are definitely there; they just need to start using them more efficiently.

• Advertisement

Also leaving out Pentagon Jr. Is he stuck in Mexico?

Going by wikipedia, the roster counts for the men are around the below numbers (I say around because I may have lost count. :)):
    Raw - 33
    Smackdown - 35
    NXT - 37
    NXT UK - 32

AEW - 57

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭BSK

So on the latest episode of being the elite the villain marty scurl made his return with them all acting as if they didnt recognize him
    Marty's deal with Roh allows him to work elsewhere do looks like the villain is aew bound

Isn’t he a “booker” there too? I reckon he could go anywhere except NJPW, WWE, TNA or WWE. Just indies I reckon.

I wonder what they’re Sting fascination is, just a tease for “clout” or something brewing.

He seemed confused by where these lost matches went

https://twitter.com/sting/status/1265043811769569280?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Loving Ortiz more and more every week.His comedy timing is perfect and he always makes me laugh.

Stadium Stampede Champions t-shirt segment involving the Inner Circle there was simply brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Thought the debut came off a bit meh tbh

But will be one hell of a match when it happens

Britt Baker is just destined for greatness!!

Gets better and better every week.

Out till September judging by her back at 'All Out' comment which is a balls.

Really hope she is kept on the t.v. every week.

• Advertisement

Britt Baker is just destined for greatness!!

Gets better and better every week.

Out till September judging by her back at 'All Out' comment which is a balls.

Really hope she is kept on the t.v. every week.

She is tremendous

Really enjoyed the battle royal and Orange Cassidy is still so over popularity wise!

Jungle Boy doing really well lately so happy with him winning even if he has zero chance of winning next week.

MJF and Wardlow were excellent tonight again.

Jericho truly is a legend!Delighted he wasnt knocked out by Mike Tyson again!

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭undertaker fan 88

Really enjoyed the battle royal and Orange Cassidy is still so over!

Jungle Boy doing really well lately so happy with him winning even if he has zero chance of winning next week.

MJF and Wardlow were excellent tonight again.

Jericho truly is a legend!Delighted he wasnt knocked out by Mike Tyson again!

Jericho just has us all in the palm of his hands. Reckon we will be seeing more of iron Mike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

The whole Jericho and pensioner Mike Tyson absolutely sucked. It was an insult and parody to one of the most iconic segments in wrestling history.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Jackie Daytona

Interesting to see Triple C in AEW even if its for a night, think thats a serious piece of business from AEW getting a 2 weight UFC champion who's just retired in, gets the UFC fan eyeballs on the product for sure..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

FTR :D Love it, what a cracking tag-team division AEW have!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

ricero wrote: »
    The whole Jericho and pensioner Mike Tyson absolutely sucked. It was an insult and parody to one of the most iconic segments in wrestling history.

Holy Shida - there was something about AEW that you didn't like? this is amazing considering how much you sing their praises each and every week. I mean you have never ever ever said even the remotest of bad words about AEW, I assumed you were a super fan!

this sh!t is beyond the point of "getting old" now!

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭weareallmarks

FTR............boring as a shopping trolley. They have the hardcore support...... but if a casual (lapsed fan) looked at them theyd turn off....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

FTR............boring as a shopping trolley. They have the hardcore support...... but if a casual (lapsed fan) looked at them theyd turn off....

I'd consider myself a casual fan. They have my support

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I'd consider myself a casual fan. They have my support

id consider myself causal enough fan knowadays and im in between on them in ring theyll be great everything everything else about them not great and the debut was really poor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,126 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

You could tell Tyson was out of it. He was either high or drunk. It was sad watching trying to tear his shirt.

Cejudo retired and the resounding response from people was "Whatever". Nobody cares about the guy despite his achievements.

"You being an alien is a crock of shìt." Britt Baker is the highlight of AEW.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,898 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

sky88 wrote: »
    Thought the debut came off a bit meh tbh

But will be one hell of a match when it happens

Unfortunately due to the lack of audience any debut like this wont be as powerful a it would have been. I hope they slowly build up the Bucks vs FTR match to have it at All Out in September as there is a bigger chance of them having a group for the PPV.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,434 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Britt and Tony are awesome.

JR again this this week having another dig at the AEW talent this week with did you every think you would have a move called silly string.

This is a man who had no problem calling the two of most stupid finishing moves in wrestling with the Rocks elbow and Cenas fist drop and never once on air said a thing about them.

JR will kill the product the more the longer they leave him on air being the voice of AEW.

JR again this this week having another dig at the AEW talent this week with did you every think you would have a move called silly string.

This is a man who had no problem calling the two of most stupid finishing moves in wrestling with the Rocks elbow and Cenas fist drop and never once on air said a thing about them.

JR will kill the product the more the longer they leave him on air being the voice of AEW.

surely tony khan is is telling him off after the shows that he cant be doing that it makes no sense

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭Officer999

ricero wrote: »

You say that but I’ve seen a lot of mainstream media reporting on the angle which raises the profile of AEW. Pensioner or not, Mike Tyson is a global household name.

Far from an insult it was actually highly successful for AEW last night.

Interesting to see Triple C in AEW even if its for a night, think thats a serious piece of business from AEW getting a 2 weight UFC champion who's just retired in, gets the UFC fan eyeballs on the product for sure..

This is something going under the radar a bit if AEW could sign Cejudo that could be an amazing get. An Olympic gold medal wrestler and retired two weigh UFC champion.

Not being a UFC fan, I only knew Tyson. But when googling Tyson Jericho 2010, it was the top auto complete.
    But now I want to know why was Tyson there? They announced in advance he was there so what was his reason?

Was there meant to be audio with that Omega/Page bit?

I knew there was a reason I disliked Aubrey. Thank you Britt! But be nicer to Rebel. :) Treating Tony fine though.

So am I the only one confused as to Kip/Jimmy getting the tag title match when Best Friends won a no. 1 contender's match on Saturday?

I know we always knew who they were from their first appearance, but I had forgotten about Butcher and Blade. Clearly so has Ally since she seems to have gone back to being Ally.

What was Ruby Riott doing in that Battle Royal?
    (The librarian was compared to her. Which I guess means he also looks like Richard Harmon as that's who I think she looks like)

Speaking of the Battle Royal, Sonny seems to have the commentators a bit confused. JR referring to him as she and when it cut to a rear view someone who was talking reacted with what sounded like approval.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Not being a UFC fan, I only knew Tyson. But when googling Tyson Jericho 2010, it was the top auto complete.
    But now I want to know why was Tyson there? They announced in advance he was there so what was his reason?

Was there meant to be audio with that Omega/Page bit?

I knew there was a reason I disliked Aubrey. Thank you Britt! But be nicer to Rebel. :) Treating Tony fine though.

So am I the only one confused as to Kip/Jimmy getting the tag title match when Best Friends won a no. 1 contender's match on Saturday?

I know we always knew who they were from their first appearance, but I had forgotten about Butcher and Blade. Clearly so has Ally since she seems to have gone back to being Ally.

What was Ruby Riott doing in that Battle Royal?
    (The librarian was compared to her. Which I guess means he also looks like Richard Harmon as that's who I think she looks like)

Speaking of the Battle Royal, Sonny seems to have the commentators a bit confused. JR referring to him as she and when it cut to a rear view someone who was talking reacted with what sounded like approval.

That was an ad break on TNT, It was something for Fite TV.

He cosplayed as her a few years back.
    D0D8gsvV4AIoDi7?format=jpg&name=360x360

• Advertisement

Really good jumps for both shows this weeks

https://twitter.com/jeremylambert88/status/1266098231949365249?s=21

Advertisement