Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭HanFiredFirst

Agreed unless our resident ITK say its so then its not so.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

Never happened lads, just off the blower with Tony.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

The funny thing is you are probably the biggest "Smark" here with the constant posting about "Vanilla Midgets" & calling fans "Smarks"

That's just Ricero working us, at least his gimmick is more entertaining than some of the "legit" in the knows in here. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Officer999

J. Marston wrote: »
    Vintage Jericho...

https://streamable.com/g3yiol

There was a string of insults in there towards The Elite that were just brilliant

That was fantastic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭ThePott

So rumours that AEW have shows taped to cover them till Mid-May

• Registered Users Posts: 60,503 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Whats that 6/7 two hours episodes and 6/7 one hour of Dark.

3 or 4 days of filming should have done that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

History shows tho it’ll be hard to keep kayfabe. Someone is bound to get a new tattoo or change their hairstyle or colour or something now and throw the tapings off

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

History shows tho it’ll be hard to keep kayfabe. Someone is bound to get a new tattoo or change their hairstyle or colour or something now and throw the tapings off

This is only a problem when you have a live show in the middle and the tapings cover the time after.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Monokne wrote: »
    This is only a problem when you have a live show in the middle and the tapings cover the time after.

Not in 2020 with Facebook, instagram,tiktok live streaming etc etc fans will know the second the change happens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Great episode AEW are doing such a good job without an live crowd.

I have to disagree here. AEW do so much right but this week was poor.

Cody and his dog. **** right off.

While Omega and Trent can go, the booking here is all wrong. Firstky 2 faces with no history shouldnt be wrestling a 20 min match on tv. Kenny is supposed to be top of the card and Trent isnt yet Kenny was lushed to the limit. Not a fan at all. The match while technically good had no heat.

Didnt like the Stunt Archer match. Have Archer squash someone else, anyone can throw Marko around. Didnt make him look anymore impressive. A regukar squash would have sufficed.

Nightmare collection is not a team that people want. Dustin is fine but over the hill and QT is blandy mc bland. The team do zero for me and I dont wanna see them.

I liked the Jericho segment. Dunno how Ill feel watching the payoff between them but im hopeful it will be entertaining.

Colt on commentary was a breath of fresh air. Less Cody and his hair loss comments and more Colt.

Brodie Lees antics do nothing for him execot5make him come off as bitter. Hes capable of so much more than these skits.

The main event was ok, wrestling still sucks in an empty ring.

Was thinking about taking a break from the no arena wrestling but I’ll have to watch him on commentary

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-qAxp1Dgbf/?igshid=he0tq45kiolp

• Registered Users Posts: 17,117 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Jericho, all is forgiven for the drone nonsense.

On commentary, you are an absolute gift.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Another pop at the WWE and Vince with the terrible Brodie Lee gimmick. Again its boring, small time and done to keep the smarks happy.

He should change his name from the exalted one to the bitter one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Jericho is the GOAT absolutely brilliant on commentary.

Not usually a fan of Baker but her match with Shida was great. Another delicious squash from the Murderhawk too, fantastic show again from AEW.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,742 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Does AEW air on sky ?

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Does AEW air on sky ?

ITV 4 i think but have not seen them promote it in a while not sure what time it airs

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭fman

sky88 wrote: »
    ITV 4 i think but have not seen them promote it in a while not sure what time it airs

Usually Friday 11pm (ish), 11.05 this week after Rambo. Pretty movable given itv use 4 as their sports channel so if there were any darts going ahead it can slip later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Really enjoyed this show, the wrestlers at ringside thing works. Jericho great, added something to every segment. Britt/Shida was really good, probably Britt's best match and I really enjoyed the main event, fun, played up the history of the feud. I went 4 star on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Jericho's hatred of Pineapple Pete on commentary was gas :D Has Sugar Dunkerton been signed I wonder? Hopefully, he's a good worker.

• Advertisement

Britt Baker once her ring game gets better and it is getting there will be a total package.

I already want to see cross promotion match between Shida vs Io Shirai vs Asuka vs Kairi

Jericho adding another string to his bow as a colour commentator again showing why he is in the running for the greatest of all time.

Britt Baker once her ring game gets better and it is getting there will be a total package.

I already want to see cross promotion match between Shida vs Io Shirai vs Asuka vs Kairi

Jericho adding another string to his bow as a colour commentator again showing why he is in the running for the greatest of all time.

Her improvised mandible claw with the glove spot cracked me up, great thing, turned a negative into a positive.

Would have been a whole lot better show were it not for the tag match. Good lord that was one of the worst things I've ever seen. Nakazawa's shtick is unfunny, stupid, and bordering on perverse (way too much attention on his opponents' nuts, and wtf are miniskirt police?). He dragged Omega - one of the best athletes in wrestling - down with him last night, and it's just an awful waste of talent. Contrast Omega to how the top guys in AEW carry themselves - Moxley, Jericho, Cody, MJF, even Hager and Archer.. it's just night and day. A tight leash needs to be put on Omega to save himself from himself. Probably not too late to fix it, but they need a drastic u-turn in his character, immediately. By all means hint at him having a goofy dorky side, but spend the other 99% of the time focusing on him being a stoic bad-ass Tekken character. Stoic because christ you don't want this guy near a mic.

That said, Jericho on comms, Baker match, decent squash for Archer and very passable main event did some good toward making the show otherwise decent.

I really don't mind Omega having fun with his mates to be honest he spent years in Japan working to be the best in the world and that has probably played toll on his body and mind.

Let him have fun and recharge his batteries while being the in The Elite Fraction and let other wrestlers go to the forefront. He can become " The Cleaner" again down the line when AEW have built other stars for him to have 5 start classics with.

I really don't mind Omega having fun with his mates to be honest he spent years in Japan working to be the best in the world and that has probably played toll on his body and mind.

Let him have fun and recharge his batteries while being the in The Elite Fraction and let other wrestlers go to the forefront. He can become " The Cleaner" again down the line when AEW have built other stars for him to have 5 start classics with.

He may well have a lighter schedule, but he's still taking crazy bumps like the Moxley unsanctioned match. Plus wasn't he denied entry to Japan recently, trying to back and work some extra shows there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Lance Archer looks amazing and has been brilliant so far!

Icing on the cake is his theme tune 'Everybody Die' which gives me goosebumps when it's played!Absolutely love it and definitely raises him to main event level in my eyes.Being a beast obviously helps too!

Really hope he wins the TNT Championship now!

Kudos to Britt Baker as well battling on with a broken nose!Tough as nails and future AEW Womans Champion no doubt!

AEW 692K

NXT 693K

NXT wins by 1k yet AEW ranked 32nd in the top 50 TV shows watched and NXT again failed to break the top 50 finishing at 51st.

AEW 692K

NXT 693K

NXT wins by 1k yet AEW ranked 32nd in the top 50 TV shows watched and NXT again failed to break the top 50 finishing at 51st.

They really struggle to get young people to watch their NXT show.

Archer could be their Brock Lesnar if they keep on this trajectory.

Just one thing - he badly needs to work on his facials. His 'scary face' looks too much like 'soy boy face'.

latest?cb=20200105013148

Maybe a few piercings or something? At the very least, with that shnozz he should be trying to emulate HHH's facials:

HHHMain.jpg

• Advertisement

Having Jake as is mouth piece was a master stroke.

So sad that the wrestling business lost Jake to his demons for 20 years.

DDP is a true hero in the wrestling business.

Advertisement