Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I would have put someone like shida instead of Britt.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,895 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I believe the most reigns and longest reign is for Shida

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Patrick Mahomes

Should be a great show tonight and with it being the 5th anniversary show I’m sure there will be loads of surprises and returns.

Regards,

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

What's MJF up to these days?

Shooting movies is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

There's no real big free agent debuts available, is there? Jinder is the biggest one out there right now and he is still on his 90 days.

So yeah, it'll be a return and MJF is the biggest return they can do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭ThePott

Yeah as far as surprises we could get some Forbidden Door stuff maybe to set up that but most have been in AEW before so won't be too surprising.

Could see the return of Jamie Hayter though or MJF but who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,395 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

AEW following WWE's KotR change, with Owen Hart Cup champs now getting world title shots at All In. Makes sense.

Hangman return?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,395 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

An MJF return early on - great build to it with the little video package and music pop. A little bit surprised just how heel'ish he went though, particularly after taking out a heel Cole. Thought he might hold back just a little and play it more as a shades of grey 'intensely driven', rather than calling the crowd 'marks' and stuff.

He is awesome though. With so many top guys now they could really do with splitting the roster and making Collision a proper thing, like they intended with Punk.

Ospreay winning the Cup then. Put all the titles on Will. Jamie Hayter returning to win the Cup and then win the at All In. That will send the crowd home happy with to UK world champions at All In.

Regards,

P.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Officer999

Not seen all of it but from what I’ve watched already you really do have to hand it to Tony and AEW, they really knock their PPVs out of the park.

The MJF return was excellent. Although he probably needs to lay off the fake tan!

Sting had his baseball bat, now Darby has his flame thrower. What an incredible spot with Perry that was.

Where the best wrestle!

Regards,

P.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Edge confirming he's fractured his tibia, and is out for the forseeable future.

Not surprised, terrible landing he basically just fell straight down onto his feet. At his age especially that was a a silly spot but the landing did him no favours. Sounds like he's saying his body hesitated when his brain was saying to go for it. Serious injury to come back from at his age. Shame he couldn't have put Malakai over in that case, mind you Tony must be licking his chops at the thought of another tournament.

I hope it's not another tournament, maybe 4 way match of the last 4 challenges for the title

The Owen Hart Cup will probably start soon so maybe they won't do another tournament. Some misc. news about AEW today.

• On the new TV deal front it sounds like according to Matt Belloni of Puck News that Tony isn't happy with the deal WBD offered them. Come July WBD loses their exclusive window to negotiate a new deal. Sounds like they're still on good terms and Tony is probably negotiating to get a better deal. Should they not get a good deal and get to negotiating it will be interesting to see where they could feasibly go that wouldn't be a step down. I reckon they won't go anywhere and a deal will be worked out.
    • The AEW video game Fight Forever is confirmed to be coming to PS Plus in June so if you have PS Plus already you can get it for free. Might be a good deal if you've been holding out on buying it like myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,968 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

To bring the discussion from the News thread here about Toni and Mercedes.

For Toni, I think she's not even a face, heel or tweener. She seems to be more of a comedic character, like Broken Matt Hardy. She entertains but didn't need the title. Though if they hadn't given her the title it might have killed the character. Now the character would survive without the title and give her a change. A new motivation, to use the actor term.

For Mercedes, I thought she was already a heel. Or maybe that's just how she always comes across even when trying to be a face.

Meant to say as well, I wonder how Leyla's girlfriend felt about Mariah's unique offence in their match. 😀 Mariah is one of the good things to come out of the Timeless gimmick.

Arn Anderson has announced he will be leaving AEW when his contract expires on May 31st

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Did I see something about Mark Henry leaving as well?

• Advertisement

Mark Henry and Arn Anderson's contracts are boht expiring.

Jake Hager is gone as well.

Another person that left, NXT Spoilers:

Ethan Page showed up in NXT last night too but there was already talk they were going to be gone.

Post edited by ThePott on

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Officer999

Wasn’t Hager competing in MMA for a while during he’s early AEW stint? And doing quite well from what I can remember

Young Bucks addressing the TNT championship tonight, they're definitely gonna attempt to give it to jack

Please no, and that's coming from someone whose an aew fan. The only thing is if they did, I would get rid of rampage then

Another tournament for the TNT title with the finals in a ladder match at Forbidden Door

Surprised they are gonna do Swerve vs Osprey so early, cant see Swerve dropping the title which would mean Osprey gets his first loss?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Okada was top notch in this. He's hilarious and this is perfect for him for now to get into the swing of things. Good to see Lio back for a look too, something tells me he might be showing up as a surprise at a certain promotion in Portland very soon 👀

• Registered Users Posts: 28,968 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Didn't they just have one of those gauntlet matches a few weeks ago? Now let's see how they decide the women's contenders.

Remember when they said the rankings were coming back?

As for a 3 hour show, sure haven't they stuck Rampage just after Dynamite a couple times before?

Speaking of Rampage, when Christopher said Friday Night Dynamite, I just assumed Dynamite was moving nights for a week.

• Advertisement

Stephanie Vaquer! Where the best wrestle.

Regards,

P.

Advertisement