Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Monokne wrote: »
    No-one is saying that? Like what are you basing that on?

All the coverage I have read or listened to has been critical of AEW for continuing just as it has WWE.

I think there’s been more for wwe but I think it’s mainly for the wrestlemania side of things and well there more shows but both hopefully don’t tape after this week it’s just not worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 28,964 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I haven't been watching Dark, but is it just the same as Dynamite or do they pad it somehow?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

sky88 wrote: »
    I think there’s been more for wwe but I think it’s mainly for the wrestlemania side of things and well there more shows but both hopefully don’t tape after this week it’s just not worth it

Of course there has been more criticism of WWE, they are a far far bigger and better known brand. But I certainly haven't seen this swathe of pro wrestling analysts, commentators or podcasts claiming AEW are progressive and/or cool for doing the same, and I am genuinely baffled as to where LoughC is seeing this. A twitter egg maybe???? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

Is AEW going to be taping Dynamite in advance? They really should. Travel restrictions are only going to get tougher in the USA very soon and they’ll quickly find themselves unable to get talent to the tapings. Set up a full week of tapings that will cover 2 months worth of shows. It’s unfair on the wrestlers to have to travel when all the medical people are advising against it.

As for WWE, they have placed themselves on a higher pedestal. Always boasting about the good work they do with charities etc. They need to show that this is genuine and put the health of everyone before profits.

They are already driving people in rather than flying for the most part.

Still, it's irresponsible and they should just shut down production.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Monokne wrote: »
    No-one is saying that? Like what are you basing that on?

All the coverage I have read or listened to has been critical of AEW for continuing just as it has WWE.

Go on twitter and Reddit. That’s where I’m basing it on.

You can find people expressing literally any opinion on twitter or reddit if you look for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,964 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Seeing Cody on Dark, that new tattoo on his neck and with how he holds his head it looks like a really uncomfortable shirt collar.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,151 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Vintage Jericho...

https://streamable.com/g3yiol

There was a string of insults in there towards The Elite that were just brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Ah that was fantastic. In the hot tub in the skinny jeans! So many zingers too. Jericho is the best thing about AEW still.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

That Brodie Lee Vince McMahon parody was the drizzling ****s.

Once again small time stuff by AEW taking pot shots at the WWE to try keep the smarks happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

ricero wrote: »

Once again small time stuff by AEW taking pot shots at the WWE to try keep the smarks happy.

Was it? That's your opinion. I thought it was great. Gets the sinister, unhinged nature of the character across.

You're telling me WWE have never made pot shots at another company before?
    huckster-nacho-man.jpg?w=450&h=225

That was 26 years ago lol

Jericho was brilliant

the brodie lee stuff is garbage for me the odd shot is fine but every week just crap

wrestling was good but just lifeless without the crowd hope all wrestling should be just put on hold till this settles

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Wrestling companies taking pot shots at one another.... Jeez what a shock :pac:

surprised-pikachu-640x480.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,116 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Problem with last night is that there wasn't a peep out of the heels in the crowd. Sabian, Havoc, Ford and Baker demonstrated the collective personality of a dropping tap last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Jericho is definitely upthere with the greatest of all time.The man's a legend!

Really liked the look of Anna Jayy.She has something bout her and has a great look.

Really hope AEW sign her and use her properly if they do!

• Registered Users Posts: 60,500 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Great episode AEW are doing such a good job without an live crowd.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Completely agree the Brodie Lee thing is making AEW look very small time.

And has completely ruined the dark order which still had legs if it was booked better than this crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭HanFiredFirst

The funny thing is you are probably the biggest "Smark" here with the constant posting about "Vanilla Midgets" & calling fans "Smarks"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Really liked the look of Anna Jayy.She has something bout her and has a great look.

Really hope AEW sign her and use her properly if they do!

I take from this that she's a rocket?

2ndcoming wrote: »
    I take from this that she's a rocket?

77268070_161207548313219_6534874902977872583_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.cdninstagram.com&_nc_cat=111&_nc_ohc=S261io0k0g4AX_ykgIg&oh=c3b15766eb37190a5319ab5c0f41e08c&oe=5ECAAF34

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Your constant "edgy" opinions are hilarious. Very apparent no one takes any notice of you in the real world :P

Your constant "edgy" opinions are hilarious. Very apparent no one takes any notice of you in the real world :P

tenor.gif

Ratings dropping on all shows let’s wrap it up And take a break

AEW 685,000
    NXT 590,000

AEW still making the top 50 original shows on cable.

NXT hasn't been in the top 50 for a month now.

Reports that Vince and the WWE reported AEW to the police to try and get there tappings shut down.

Now that is small time if true.

Of course just rumours right now however I would not put it past Vince.

The police did turn up and AEW had the right paper work in place to be able to continue filming.

Reports that Vince and the WWE reported AEW to the police to try and get there tappings shut down.

The police did turn up and AEW had the right paper work in place to be able to continue filming.

In one way i dont put it past vince hes a petty little man but in the other way i dont put it past aew leaking it was vince to make him sound worse

nothing would surprise me in the wrestling business though

If the rumour came from Big Dave Meltzy it’s all lies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I'll wait til I hear from Big Monokne until I make judgment.

Advertisement