Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Archer could be their Brock Lesnar if they keep on this trajectory.

Ah here, one's enough. :eek:

Baker really does have the sports entertainment part down. That post match interview was gas.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

• Registered Users Posts: 60,503 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Rusev and the Good Brothers to come in for sure would be my guess if they want to go to AEW.

Maybe EC3, Lio and Sarah Logan as AEW could do with a few more females.

I can't see AEW wanting any of the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

AEW will not be able to afford a major influx of talent themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,968 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I've said before that they'll need avoid a TNA situation and just look after their own first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Yeah I hope they're conservative in who they take. If the Revival managed to sign with them just before this mess then they're haunted. Let's not forget Brian Cage is waiting in the wings too until he heals up. Of that lot, Rusev and EC3 to be MJFs cousin or something could be good craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,117 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Lance Storm as a backstage mentor would be probably top of the list of priorities for me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭ThePott

Does AEW have anything worth watching on it this week?
    Growing kinda tired of the empty arena stuff. Heard Moxley vs Hager was a dud.
    Anyone watched it and got any input?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Archer vs Cabana was a good showcase for the Murderhawk. Commentary put him over huge. Jericho is really great on the headset and Schiavone loves working with him, you can tell. They also did a skit called the Bubby Bunch which is just the Inner Circle talking to each other on phones from their respective houses and it's so camp yet hilarious.

Britt Baker continues to nail down her role very well IMO. Other than that nothing major.

Britt Baker and Adam Cole would be one hell of a heel couple if they ever end up working together.

AEW killing it with there vignettes and video packages and commentary.

The in ring stuff is decent however it really does lose out from not have a crowd I still think they are doing a better job than WWE at but not by much wrestling needs a live crowd.

Actually all sport needs a live crowd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Britt Baker is incredible, I wish rest of women's division would have more character development like her.

AEW 683K

NXT 692K

AEW finshed the night as the 29th most watched original show on cable and for the 6th straight week NXT fails to break into the top 50.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Is that the first time they’ve lost 2 in a row

• Registered Users Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

This is less a war and more two lads fighting in a field.

Most pointless gimmick of the moment award goes to "Empty arena match"

It's mad what a good vignette does for a match.

I missed the opening vignettes on Wed night, tuning in just in time to see Cobana somewhat competitive against Archer, and though, "FFS, Archer should be crushing this guy"

But today I saw the opening vignettes; particularly the one where Cobana did a great job of getting himself over as an experienced veteran, taking the match seriously, laser focus on Archer, etc., etc., and after this, the match had an entirely different tone, and Archer's win actually looked a great deal more impressive.

Kudos, and more of this!

Also, am I the only one who really enjoyed Moxley vs Hager?

AEW 683K

NXT 692K

AEW finshed the night as the 29th most watched original show on cable and for the 6th straight week NXT fails to break into the top 50.
    sky88 wrote: »
    Is that the first time they’ve lost 2 in a row

I can only imagine the harm done by that utterly loathsome ****-show of a tag match with Omega and Nakazawa will take some time to repair. I hope to Christ Khan learns from this.

Are people interested in this warehouse wrestling? Like I just don't know how people watch every week. It's like watching a rehearsal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭HanFiredFirst

Well you feel the need to comment on those who do watch so there is that.

Well you feel the need to comment on those who do watch so there is that.

I think you've taken me up wrong.

I'm curious as to whether or not people enjoy it or are just watching out of boredom or habit, is it ok if I ask?

• Advertisement

I haven't watched the WWE shows, but even adding 5-10 people ringside in AEW seems to make a world of difference.

Plus when they get it right, in terms of story-telling, build, commentary etc., I (at least) don't really notice the lack of a crowd.

I think the little bit of ambient noise helps.

But I still can't get past the atmosphere. Sport without fans I can still just about see because it's pure competition. The inauthentic nature of pro wrestling just feels so off in an empty building to me. The Hardy - Jericho segment epitomised it. If you had people reacting big time, it may save it, but in an empty arena I felt like I was watching children playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Yea it doesn’t matter who the wrestling is just hard to concentrate or care about the in ring work

Monokne wrote: »
    I think the little bit of ambient noise helps.

But I still can't get past the atmosphere. Sport without fans I can still just about see because it's pure competition. The inauthentic nature of pro wrestling just feels so off in an empty building to me. The Hardy - Jericho segment epitomised it. If you had people reacting big time, it may save it, but in an empty arena I felt like I was watching children playing.

I'd agree with you on promos, they're a waste of time in this environment.

Vignette packages to build matches, good commentary and a little atmosphere from some plants, seems to be the best combination.

If Jericho ever leaves comms I'll need to see a counsellor.

The commentary doesn't seem to be live so he could even commentate for his own matches. I'm sure he'd be completely unbiased.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    The commentary doesn't seem to be live so he could even commentate for his own matches. I'm sure he'd be completely unbiased.

That would be FANTASTIC.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Monokne wrote: »
    I think you've taken me up wrong.

I'm curious as to whether or not people enjoy it or are just watching out of boredom or habit, is it ok if I ask?

I dont enjoy it, but Im trying to. Its never ever gonna be close to as good as a fully crowded show, but Im trying to watch because

A , I have a fear of missing out

B, Im conditioned to watching weekly grabs like my Mam watches Fair City.

Ive enjoyed a few matchs, mainly NXT Taleovers matches and some from mania. Havent been mad on AEW match wise since lockdown commenced.

Im becoming more used to it.... but Im watching old **** mostly on the network. Today was WarGames 91. The old WCW saturday night is fantastic, esp the old promos from Flair and Dusty.

I may give it another go.

I haven't been watching the Network of late. Just so disgusted with Vince and his behaviour the last 10 days that I am turned off to the whole company at the mo. I'm sure it'll pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭BSK

Although I’m enjoying the entertainment I can’t wait for the crowds to be back

I think I watch Jerichos entrance with the fans singing at least 10 times a day

• Advertisement

It should just be called AEW Jericho right now.

Tony is such a great foil for Jericho.

Jericho wins the world with a Michael Landon reference.

Jericho and the Bubbly Bunch Flim Flam (rip off the wwe divas ticktok) and the winner gets hand sanitiser :)

Jericho calling it the AEW Galaxy :)

Ah man poor MJF hopefully surgery can save his in ring career.

Wardlow is a big sweaty man that would make Vince roll his eyes in ecstasy.

Advertisement