Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Hes 21... even though hes legal, Im sure the age gap is almost Anna Nicole Smith like:rolleyes:

Jokes aside he looked good last week.... in a wrestling skills way

Hahaha it's not that bad!! I'm 29!

He looked good in all the ways Beakerjoe!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Hahaha it's not that bad!! I'm 29!

He looked good in all the ways Beakerjoe!

I assumed you were older due to the reading of Power Slam etc. Carry on so. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 53,927 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Max Caster definitely has "Personality"

I laughed so much at the end of that match between "The Acclaimed and Fuego Del Sol & D3

Max has such great charisma

I assumed you were older due to the reading of Power Slam etc. Carry on so. :pac:

:D Luckily my mother worked in a newsagents at the time that used to sell Powerslams, she knew I was crazy about pro wrestling so she used to bring Powerslams, WWE magazines and PWI ones home to give me. I've got them all somewhere in the attic, I'm almost certain that the earliest Powerslam I've got is from 2003, so I'd have been 12 at the time (scary!) but I read those things cover to cover and vividly remember some of the articles (one in a 2005 edition I think about Satoshi Kojima captured the imagination big time!).

Anyway, my point is that while the perving on Hook is just about right on the age limits...I can absolutely continue to perv on La Sombra and Kaito Ishida without shame :p

:D Luckily my mother worked in a newsagents at the time that used to sell Powerslams, she knew I was crazy about pro wrestling so she used to bring Powerslams, WWE magazines and PWI ones home to give me. I've got them all somewhere in the attic, I'm almost certain that the earliest Powerslam I've got is from 2003, so I'd have been 12 at the time (scary!) but I read those things cover to cover and vividly remember some of the articles (one in a 2005 edition I think about Satoshi Kojima captured the imagination big time!).

Anyway, my point is that while the perving on Hook is just about right on the age limits...I can absolutely continue to perv on La Sombra and Kaito Ishida without shame :p

My first Power Slam was 99. Good times. Perv away young LOB, perv away.

Hook is older than I thought. Hes 21 going on 22 next month and I assumed he was 18. I wonder when he will step up. He seems to have the fundamentals down.

• Advertisement

My first Power Slam was 99. Good times. Perv away young LOB, perv away.

Hook is older than I thought. Hes 21 going on 22 next month and I assumed he was 18. I wonder when he will step up. He seems to have the fundamentals down.

The fundamentals down? He couldn't even do a good stomp last week. Where is all the praise for him coming from (see it on twitter as well) before he even has a match? Hold off until we see him wrestle at least.

The fundamentals down? He couldn't even do a good stomp last week. Where is all the praise for him coming from (see it on twitter as well) before he even has a match? Hold off until we see him wrestle at least.

That's easy. He's an excellent college athlete with a dad who was a great pro wrestler and just look at him. Seriously, look at him.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I think it's cool that Hook's got this buzz around him and that they're not paying it off yet (for whatever reason).

I explained to a friend last night that he can watch 2 of AEW's shows on YouTube and he's made up cause he just unsubbed from WWE as it's so poor at the moment. Tell your friends about Dark and Elevation folks! :)

Shiminay wrote: »
    I think it's cool that Hook's got this buzz around him and that they're not paying it off yet (for whatever reason).

No need to rush it..... WWE has conditioned us to expect a quick turnaround on pay offs and story advancement. Rushing to get from 1 - 10.

Let Hook slowly sizzle (stop drooling LOB), let it all build nicely..... there is no rush.

Look at Daniels and Kaz of SCU, we all know that eventually they appear to be splitting once they lose, but they aren't rushing it. Its been simmering for months now and its not even close to the boil. And I love it. When it does happen, it hopefully will mean a lot more than if they rushed it in 3 weeks. Kaz has been slowly showing more and more heelish tendencies and its a nice journey.

I say when Hook finally gets in the ring, it will seem like a bigger deal than it would have had he got in the ring 3 weeks after his debut.

I love how he tosses guys around for fun during matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,531 ✭✭✭savemejebus

I explained to a friend last night that he can watch 2 of AEW's shows on YouTube and he's made up cause he just unsubbed from WWE as it's so poor at the moment. Tell your friends about Dark and Elevation folks! :)
    Dynamite is usually up in full in short order too (tho not sure if it's the broadcast version, last one I watched included Jericho instructing the crowd to start an inner circle chant as they were coming off of commercial)

• Advertisement

Dynamite is usually up in full in short order too (tho not sure if it's the broadcast version, last one I watched included Jericho instructing the crowd to start an inner circle chant as they were coming off of commercial)

Think that was the Fite stream

Cannot say enough about the good value of Fite.tv

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

What is it people see in Hook?

I was entirely neutral on him until I saw him stomping on last weeks Dynamite and he looked like a toddler jumping on a trampoline.

Monokne wrote: »
    What is it people see in Hook?

I was entirely neutral on him until I saw him stomping on last weeks Dynamite and he looked like a toddler jumping on a trampoline.

Multi time World Champ in 5 years max! Write it down.

Multi time World Champ in 5 years max! Write it down.

I wont go that far, but he's just interesting for me. Nothing more yet. A nice side character with plenty of potential. Its very very VERY early days.

I guess for me, it's partially the mystery of will he be any good as well as the look he has and his mannerisms around the ring. He skulks and seems like he's always a threat - like a vulture. He's hanging out with some solid gold characters and gets the rub by proximity and he's Taz's son, who doesn't love Taz? :D Also - Hook - what a name! Feels like he's gonna do something dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Tony Khan on the possibility of AEW Dynamite moving from Wednesday nights, via Busted Open Radio, and Fightful for the transcription.
    I know Wednesday night is our slot and our home. I'm thrilled with our partnership with TNT. It's the lifeblood of our company and our primary revenue source. It's the way most fans get exposed to AEW and see our show. Every Wednesday that we do Dynamite, for a lot of wrestling fans, it's a really important night of the week. I want everyone rest assured that they're not going to have to worry about these kind of major....we have a contract with over two and a half years left for Wednesday nights in this slot. If there was ever an opportunity to move or a deal to be had, I would consider it. If we did something, it would have to be a really good deal for AEW and make sense for us. As it stands right now, that is the spot we're in. If we move, I would certainly consider a deal if there was something in it for AEW.

Let's be honest, with the experience of the Jags and Fulham, the Khan's are no strangers to negotiating television deals. He's got to look like he's open for business which sends a message to the wider business world that they're a group that wants to work with others and not try to be the only player in town.

I keep forgetting that the Khans own the Jacksonville Jaguars & Fulham.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,116 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I keep forgetting that the Khans own the Jacksonville Jaguars & Fulham.

Fulham fans seem fond of Tony...

EFbVgpNXUAECu2x.jpg

It's funny that he fell for a clearly fake sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,385 ✭✭✭Riddle101

J. Marston wrote: »
    Fulham fans seem fond of Tony...It's funny that he fell for a clearly fake sign.

It's even funnier that he responded to it. Like most would just brush it off but he's actually having a go at them for the sign. It's like a heel insulting the fans at a wrestling show to get cheap heat.

• Advertisement

Watching last night's Dynamite now - Page / Cage opened and was a predictably feisty affair. Cage retains the FTW

Bucks vs Sydell's was fantastic - it did display the skill gap a little - the Sydell's weren't outclassed exactly, but you could clearly see why one of those teams were champs and the other aren't. Heel Bucks shithousing is top tier stuff.

Watching Orange Cassidy and Penta now, another great match so far. Penta showing he's well able to do the silly stuff too but with a layer of nasty on top.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,373 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Another great show again this week.

Who would have thought if you put together good wrestlers and let them actually wrestle while telling simple stories that would actually make a good wrestling show.

Mox vs Nagata for the IWGP US title on the May 12th Dynamite I'm looking forward to that hard hitting match.

Inner Circle/The Pinacle segment was top notch.

Another great show again this week.

Who would have thought if you put together good wrestlers and let them actually wrestle while telling simple stories that would actually make a good wrestling show.

Mox vs Nagata for the IWGP US title on the May 12th Dynamite I'm looking forward to that hard hitting match.

I've seen complaints about this online already, along the lines of why are they booking a 53 year old, and comparisons to Goldberg :rolleyes:

Now I'll hold my hands up and say I don't know much about Yuji Nagata, but I'm willing to take a wild guess he doesn't gas as easily, and has more than 3 moves in his bag of tricks, and can go the distance in a match if required.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Inner Circle/The Pinacle segment was top notch.

Jericho was so freaking good

cannot wait for blood and guts

Headshot wrote: »
    Jericho was so freaking good

cannot wait for blood and guts

They were all freaking good, Tully thinking he could cut Jericho's promo, nah mate that's not happening.

Sammy's barbed dig at Shawn Spears as well, about being a failure in AEW, and being a failure in that other place he worked, you could see MJF try not to laugh.

Not going to lie, had a tear or two after that nice tribute to Brodie Lee at the end

My admiration for Darby grows by the week, what a champion

Chris Jericho's generous side shining through again, this time donating $1,500 dollars to Tom Hunting's (drummer for Exodus) battle against cancer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

If Team Taz break up after literally their first win of any note I will have a fit. Brian Cage is the last person who should go solo. Ricky Starks will obviously break out at some point but there's no rush, his chemistry with Taz is so good I don't know why you would break them up now.

• Advertisement

Agreed, I think Team Taz still has a lot of value (even with the ripples of descent they've been teasing between Cage and the others) and the back-stage bit with Christian suggests that he's gonna have a run with the rest of them. However, maybe there's something to Cage and Cage teaming up ;)

Advertisement