Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

Tony Khan announced on busted open radio today that double or nothing at the end of the month will be full capacity at daily's place

AEW Super Spreader

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Monokne wrote: »
    AEW Super Spreader

There was already a machine gun kelly gig in dailys place over the last week or so

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I wonder will Blood and Guts get extra eyes on it tonight from casual fans jumping on to see if The American Dragon turns up.

Would he not have a no compete clause?

Loughc wrote: »

You only get that when you're released/fired. His contract expired.

Not that there's any chance of him showing up tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 60,310 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Loughc wrote: »

No is contract with the WWE ended so he is free to work with whoever he wants.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

You only get that when you're released/fired. His contract expired.

Not that there's any chance of him showing up tonight

Wouldn't completely rule out Double Or Nothing though...

It would be an unbelievable get for them, even part time.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

The Blood and Guts hype is real :) I really enjoyed last night's Dark too, some good matches including a great one from Martin and Limelight. Taz and Excalibur were in great form too, pair of total goofs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,814 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Dante always looks so worried. Just has the look of someone who's worried about messing up.

There was already a machine gun kelly gig in dailys place over the last week or so

I saw that yeah. MGK Super Spreader.

Florida has a worse rate of infection than we do presently and I have close elderly family there so this stuff really bothers me. It's not safe yet. F*cking capitalist yanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,873 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Best friends shirt is nicely done

https://global.shopaew.com/kris-statlander-orange-cassidy-best-friends-extra-terrestrial.html

Does the global shop stock AEW jackets ?

• Advertisement

I notice Diamante hasn't won a match lately against anyone who isn't a jobber. Even lost to former jobber KiLynn King, who I know they're trying to build a bit. Thought she would do better away from Ivelisse.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Headshot wrote: »
    Best friends shirt is nicely done

https://global.shopaew.com/kris-statlander-orange-cassidy-best-friends-extra-terrestrial.html

Does the global shop stock AEW jackets ?

They'll be adding more stuff/stock in due course. I'd imagine they can't add everything in one go - I say that with 0 clue as to how webstores add stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

https://ibb.co/N72d4D6

I'm here! Set up looks amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Starting to think every wrestling show should have the audience watch the first hour on screen so they are this fired up to see the main event live

• Registered Users Posts: 60,310 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Fair play to Jericho taking that.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

Tuned in for the last hour there. Thought Omega's promo was ok, went on a bit. Bully ray made a good point on twitter, wouldn't be too happy having Naka-nobody carry my world title around, (barely in shot) if I was Impact.

Thought the Blood and Guts match was really well put together, but the advertising ruined it for me. Missed the ring being pulled apart and how MJF got out of the cage... disappointed with that. Thought the finish was good though. Would have been more enjoyable if the advertising was timed around those two spots a bit better. Overall, I thought it was pretty good. Card for next week looks great too.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

nazmoalex wrote: »

Thought the Blood and Guts match was really well put together, but the advertising ruined it for me. Missed the ring being pulled apart and how MJF got out of the cage... disappointed with that. Thought the finish was good though. Would have been more enjoyable if the advertising was timed around those two spots a bit better. Overall, I thought it was pretty good. Card for next week looks great too.

Thats why you gotta watch it on Fite.tv rather than a stream, you neve rmiss the action.

I enjoyed the match, ran outta steam by the end but the opening exchanges were very entertaining, esp the awesome spanish fly spot with Sammy and Spears. Less said out Sammys both the better but it was well covered.

Monokne wrote: »
    I saw that yeah. MGK Super Spreader.

Florida has a worse rate of infection than we do presently and I have close elderly family there so this stuff really bothers me. It's not safe yet. F*cking capitalist yanks.

Just because MGK went first doesnt mean AEW wont be a super spreader event.

Im shocked its full capacity. I miss it the fans a ton, but its too early I believe.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,047 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Watched last week's show and last night's over last day or so.

There's bits I really like and stuff I absolutely hate. It's a thousand times better than the sh1te on Monday nights anyways though I still prefer Smackdown personally above both Dynamite and Raw.

Thought Page losing last week was really well done, gives him mitigation in the loss with the pre match attack.

Hate the Bucks. Cannot stand them. This week was so much more enjoyable with them only having a brief cameo.

One thing that annoys me a lot is the amount of factions in AEW, between The Elite and The Pinnacle and the Inner Circle

Whatever QT Marshall calls his crew, and Matt Hardy's group

The Nightmare Family and Team Taz and of course the Dark Order, it's just too many (and I'm pretty sure I'm probably missing one or two)

That being said I enjoyed the Parley last week, gave a real fight feel to what was a good, but not great main event at Blood and Guts.

Couple of botches I can forgive, the stuff with the fork is meh though. MJF is a future huge star, best heel in the company bar none. The end of the match was kinda lame, these guys were apparently willing to die to beat each other and they surrender to avoid Jericho taking a what... 8? 9? Foot drop onto a foam stage?

I'm only getting to know the characters properly now mind so giving it some more time to see where it goes. I do like the idea of these mini events in between PPVs such as Blood and Guts.

I enjoyed Blood & Guts. I would go 4*.

The first twenty minutes really captured the War Games spirit, getting as close to that visceral fight feel as you can in modern wrestling where it's so cirque de soleil.

The tearing up the mat took far too long and the payoff was minimal - that was all very contrived and killed the momentum of the match.

They had got it back and it still felt hot but the finish was a bit of a letdown. I'm never into making your babyfaces look stupid and first Jericho following MJF up then losing a fair fight was not great but the Inner Circle surrendering to prevent Jericho being thrown off was really silly given the entire world knew he was going to throw him off anyway.

I was not as bothered by the bump into all the cardboard boxes as others were - it was still visually ok and I'd rather a bump be too safe than not safe enough, however it must be said that from the moment the show started you could see the setup there and you knew it was there for a bump in the main event which adds to that contrived sensation.

The fact the worst parts of the match came at the end is a creative issue though - it should not take from what was a really fantastic War Games match. It was on a par with the better WWE ones of the past couple years.

Speaking of babyfaces being made to look like idiots - Darby Allin picking a fight with two men and ending up getting thrown down the stairs. What a f*cking goof.

• Advertisement

I felt the match started very strong great big fight feel, long entrances and as Monoke said, it felt like as much of a fight as a wrestling match can.

Loved the Spanish Fly spot. Cant stress that enough. Smooth as you like and looked amazing.

The match went down hill once all 20 men entered. It looked slow, messy and contrived.

The ending spot was obvious from the get go. I again agree that I prefer the spot to be more safe than unsafe but it fell flat for me. The ending lacked drama.

Overall the right team won, happy Jericho is getting time away and overall I give it 3.5 outta 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,105 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The big ending of Jericho's delicate bump on to a mattress with a cardboard duvet loses all oomph when you have a guy get thrown down a flight of concrete stairs an hour earlier. That's an actual "Holy shít" moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Shotzi Blackheart coming for them again on Twitter. Props to her if she's managing the account herself.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,105 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Shotzi Blackheart coming for them again on Twitter. Props to her if she's managing the account herself.

https://twitter.com/ShotziWWE/status/1390124361357660163

Lol, she's getting some heated replies. Schiavone is probably one of them with an alt account...

https://streamable.com/9k22j9

Still think the match was too soon. The Pinnacle were revealed, what, yesterday?
    Match itself was good until all 10 were in, then everyone was just trying to figure out how to fill the remaining time. Like how often could that match have been won? Then once it went to the top of the cage, everything in the ring was ignored. How often did we get a focus on the ring after that?

In other notes, Caster referencing Dark Side of the Ring when dissing Varsity Blondes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

I'm as shook as a hand after a Sunday mass but a quick update. It was insane live, the Inner Circle entrance was the best and the place was absolutely rabid for it. The ending of the match was bad live as no one knew what happened, just seemed to end.

Almost everything was pretaped also apart from Kenny and Miros segments and the Darby thing happened live too which was cool. Tony came out ahead of the show to let them know this and offered refunds to those who weren't happy. Also next week is a fully live show too, not taped so should he interesting.

I got to the front row and got into it with Dax, Cash and MJF which was good craic. Met Jerichos bit on the side too who hit it off with my friend and she shared the after party details with us. More on that another time haha. Basically I was meant to go home to Seattle today and now I'm booked on a flight to LA tonight.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Overall, that really delivered for me. It was gory and vicious and felt personal to all the players. Another big thumbs up from me too for the Spanish Fly spot with Sammy and Spears (and I think Spears has come out of this with a bit of much-needed shine).

The ending is a small bit of a blot in their copybook I think, but no one wanted to see a repeat of Matt Hardy with a "late in their career" competitor bumping on an unsafe surface and getting badly hurt. It hasn't taken too much away from the overall for me, but it has definitely taken the cherry off the top - as beakerjoe said, it lacked some drama cause it was obvious from the get-go. A rethink on how to have played it out and better use of their cameras might have made it more impactful.

I'd agree that the FTR guys tearing up the ring took too long, they had to switch sides to get what they wanted. Suggests to me that AEW are simply not spending enough time setting their stuff up properly (cause the explosion that wasn't was a catastrophic let down for them) and it's something that someone needs to get on top of and some more quality control on.

Looking forward to next week, hoo-boy is that a stacked card. Cassidy/Pac will be a banger for sure. Bucks/SCU should have anyone excited. I enjoyed a "play-off" style match to decide who's getting the shot, adds to the sports feel like it's league promotion and it lets you build feuds between the other teams. Miro is gonna rag-doll (a maybe injured) Darby all around the ring and getting that belt could do wonders to finally get Miro really going as a dangerous presence in that locker room.

Cody v QT was better than it had any right to be. I wasnt hyped for it, but both guys worked very hard to put on a decent match. Very impressed with QTs performance, I usually find him bland and uninteresting but I enjoyed his work here.

I liked Agogo's flag gimmick too.

I didnt enjoy the opener at all. Kingston and Mox were far too hammy. I am enjoying the Bucks new looks each week.

Liked OC and Kennys promo, Kenny was excellent.

Enjoyed the small Taz segment too.

No idea why Miro is getting a title match but I Miro v Darby has me interested.

I'm as shook as a hand after a Sunday mass but a quick update. It was insane live, the Inner Circle entrance was the best and the place was absolutely rabid for it. The ending of the match was bad live as no one knew what happened, just seemed to end.

Almost everything was pretaped also apart from Kenny and Miros segments and the Darby thing happened live too which was cool. Tony came out ahead of the show to let them know this and offered refunds to those who weren't happy. Also next week is a fully live show too, not taped so should he interesting.

I got to the front row and got into it with Dax, Cash and MJF which was good craic. Met Jerichos bit on the side too who hit it off with my friend and she shared the after party details with us. More on that another time haha. Basically I was meant to go home to Seattle today and now I'm booked on a flight to LA tonight.

Wait, so the live show consisted of just blood & guts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Officer999

Did the live crowd get the ending with Sammy quitting? I felt he should have had a microphone so the live crowd could hear him quit.

Advertisement