Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,409 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Cage walking away with the FTW belt and Team Taz chasing after him to try and get it back could be fun.

889k.

It was up against Biden's address to Congress so pretty good numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

I'm really looking forward to seeing Blue Justice on Dynamite, this is the type of thing I wanted to see with the New Japan link. Any comparison to WWE using Goldberg is just lazy and ignorant really, Nagata is a former IWGP and GHC heavyweight champion, and a G1 winner, he can go with the best. He's one of the best active wrestlers in the world over 50 for me along with Minoru Suzuki and Masaaki Mochizuki. Plus being one of the few wrestlers left to have wrestled on Nitro gives the appearance on TNT another layer, should be a cracker.

A very good Dynamite, the Inner Circle/Pinnacle segment was great. Wasn't expecting Cage to beat Page but I liked it. Just another very enjoyable episode of pro-wrestling from AEW.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Who is comparing Yuji Nagata to Goldberg? The man has been having absolute bangers for years over the age of 50, his New Japan Cup match last year vs Minoru Suzuki is an easy ****1/2 match.

The idea of seeing Nagata back on TNT, on a mainstream US TV wrestling show is insane! I'm delighted for him.

It's so cool. You get Konosuke Take****a a few weeks ago, you get Nagata now. I love it.

And, no surprise, I loved this week's Dynamite too.

Roll on Blood and Guts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Who is comparing Yuji Nagata to Goldberg? The man has been having absolute bangers for years over the age of 50, his New Japan Cup match last year vs Minoru Suzuki is an easy ****1/2 match.

The idea of seeing Nagata back on TNT, on a mainstream US TV wrestling show is insane! I'm delighted for him.

It's so cool. You get Konosuke Take****a a few weeks ago, you get Nagata now. I love it.

And, no surprise, I loved this week's Dynamite too.

Roll on Blood and Guts.

I had seen the comparison on Twitter while Dynamite was airing, and as I said previously, I don't know much about Nagata, but I'm willing to bet he doesn't gas easily, and can go the distance, and not rely on 3 moves unlike whoever made the silly Goldberg comparison.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I randomly stuck on a Sammy Guevera vlog vid on YouTube and it's got all sorts of strange backstage skits including a surreal bit with Dustin Rhodes giving (Alabama's favourite Luchador) Fuego Del Sol a pep talk and telling him he's possibly his dad... Nice idea to let the mid and lower card characters express themselves a bit in a very daft way.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Brian Cage going over Hangman really surprised me. It wasn’t exactly clean but it wasn’t overly dirty either. I feel AEW do a tarnished finish well at times. Either way, was happy to see Team Taz pick up a big and relevant victory on Dynamite because it’s been a while.

Darby, despite me not being mad on him initially, continues to excel in his role as fighting champion. Again, the mask tearing was shades of grey but it worked. I look forward to his matches every week.

I hate the Young Bucks but it’s finally in a way that I’m supposed to hate them. They’ve nailed it. Kenny as the egomaniac is great too. Cutler and Nakazawa adds a great layer of geeks to the mix. Good Brothers are alright as heaters too and Don is Don, sleazeball.

Was delighted to see both Kris and Penelope get a featured match like they did. They were both good in their showings and it was a nice bit of story too. Statlander looked fitter than ever.

The Parley was fun but would’ve liked either a line of security between the squads (which they both had) or else a length of chained fence.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,870 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'm thinking Kenny will lose the AEW title before the Impact title.

• Advertisement

Bryan keeps saying in these interviews lately that he'd love to wrestle in Japan, Mexico etc and hopes WWE will let their wrestlers do so in the future. Never going to happen! If he wants to do that then he'd have to leave. Contract is supposedly up in September

I'd love to be wrong but I can still see him re-signing with WWE.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,957 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Lithium93_ wrote: »

oh up against Smackdown, will be very interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Headshot wrote: »
    oh up against Smackdown, will be very interesting

To be honest it's not. Smackdown on Fox will do a massively higher number. If Smackdown were not on Fox you'd imagine based on pre Fox numbers, it being the clear number 2 show and their declining viewership pre Covid it'd probably be doing around 1.3 million total, maybe a little less and around what Dynamite does in the demo.

AEW need to get these off Twitch and back to wrestling the honeymoon is over.

Hopefully speedball can get his visa sorted now his ban is up.

E0OUcE2XsAQ_wer?format=jpg&name=medium

Tessa and her husband close to signing being reported tonight.

https://twitter.com/WrestleTalk_TV/status/1388225965130752002?s=20

That's surprising I thought all that negative press would keep AEW away

Reported by who though?

Ah just seen the tweet you posted.

Seems the husband is coming too

No idea who he is though

Maybe Tully will reign her in if she gets too bigheaded

• Advertisement

I'd prefer Veda and Speedball if you are bringing in a wife and husband as I said earlier.

TK gave Ivelisse a chance to show she had changed her ways and when she didn't he let her go.

Tessa has a huge upside if she can change her ways and be respectful and show she has learned from her past she would be a good signing.

Daga has links to AAA, DDT, LU & Impact.

https://twitter.com/WrestleTalk_TV/status/1388225965130752002?s=20

When I started watching Impact for a year or so when Callis and D'Amore took over I thought she was brilliant. Doesn't sound like a great person in real life though (reports of bullying and racism) and they've just got rid of one headache in Ivelisse so I'd be shocked if AEW signs her. Sounds like a recipe for disaster with the husband signing as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The site reports that “AEW officials have discussed the idea of acknowledging Tessa Blanchard’s prior ‘issues’ on television and presenting her with a redemption storyline of sorts”.

That would be a heart-warming angle.

And Scott just referenced her indirectly on Impact this week when talking about Kenny and not wanting another problematic champ

• Registered Users Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭ThePott

Have to imagine this is them testing the waters.
    J. Marston wrote: »
    That would be a heart-warming angle.
    Can't tell if you're serious or not

• Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

ThePott wrote: »
    Have to imagine this is them testing the waters.

Can't tell if you're serious or not

My bad, sarcasm can be lost over text.

A part of me wants to see what a shítshow it would be though. "A Diamond in the Rough; A Racist's Redemption."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭ThePott

J. Marston wrote: »
    My bad, sarcasm can be lost over text.
    A part of me wants to see what a shítshow it would be though. "A Diamond in the Rough; A Racist's Redemption."
    Phew, you had me worried. Yeah of all the inspirational stories; How I overcame being a big old racist isn't a great one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Moxley announced as appearing on next week's Strong, teaming with Chris Dickinson against the team of Yuji Nagata and Ren Narita, which has the makings of a really good tag match.

Still, a pity that a certain Shooter isn't around to back up the Death Rider.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,644 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

It’s Tony khans money and aew can spend what they like on whoever the like, but I wouldn’t be bringing tessa in unless she can prove she’s changed her attitude.

• Advertisement

NJPW President Takami Ohbara had an interview with the NJPW website, touched on the alliance between AEW/NJPW/Impact/Ring Of Honor. Important bits here and the interview will be linked if anyone wants to give it a read themselves.
    Between AEW, IMPACT and ROH, things are very fluid between promotions in the US at the moment. Talent crossing those boundaries is another interesting aspect.

Ohbari: Well, I think that topic is something that doesn’t just apply to STRONG but NJPW at large. For me to say ‘NJPW is doing business with company X, so you need to go over there and wrestle’, that’s backward to me. I will say this until I’m blue in the face: this is a star driven business, and the wrestlers are the focus. So if our wrestlers say ‘I want to wrestle that guy’ ‘I want to test myself against that guy’ ‘I want to show that I’m better than that guy’. Then it becomes our job as a company to do what we can to back them, make it happen and make it successful.

–Is that a case by case scenario?

Ohbari: We’re in the dream business. Presenting them, and making them real. Having a linear approach to business, that only restricts us and it stops fans getting invested.

–And STRONG can be a good avenue for those scenarios to play out.

Ohbari: When you look at things overseas right now, especially in the US, there are a lot of wrestlers who want to come to Japan, and can’t, right? Even if you get into the country, you have to quarantine. But STRONG is there for those guys. That is authentic, genuine New Japan Pro-Wrestling. If you want to be in NJPW, and you’re good enough, this door is open: come in, come do what you can do, and we’ll make sure the world can watch it. That goes for the fans too; if there’s a match you guys want to see, we’ll do what we can to make it happen.

https://www.njpw1972.com/96100

Advertisement