Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

Shiminay wrote: »
    Danny Limelight's looked alright in this match with the Sydells against Kenny, Nakazawa and Takesheda - not that anyone competent wouldn't look good in the ring with Kenny, but it's nice to see Elevation doing what it's set out to do and help them build their own stars.

I like Limelight's in ring work, he's smooth, charismatic, and has his own distinctive style. He'll need to add a bit of character to push on to Dynamite, as AEW doesn't exactly want for 5'10 guys who are good at wrestling.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

That's exactly it, it'll soon be time to get him on a mic or one of the Paul White interview segments on Elevation to see who he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,996 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Shiminay wrote: »
    That's exactly it, it'll soon be time to get him on a mic or one of the Paul White interview segments on Elevation to see who he is.

I like those segments, quite informative and it's nice to get to know the wrestlers.

Really liked acclaimed on it yesterday and learn some cool stuff about them

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Yea, an interview can be planned and doesn't need to have the intensity of a promo. You never know when you can end up with solid gold like JR and "Mrs Foley's Baby Boy" back in the day. Paul White's got a decent nose for what'll work and there are a lot of experienced heads to help get the most out of these things. I'd nearly say they could split out a separate weekly web segment.

https://twitter.com/ChrisVanVliet/status/1384601351666102280?s=19

This is a signing I'd love to see them make :D

Personally I only like a handful of their themes (not including licensed stuff for OC, Jungle Boy etc), nothing too memorable. Hangman (did he have it before AEW though like the bucks and Cody's themes?) and Stark's songs probably my favourites. Sting and the pinnacle not bad as well.

Any other favourites that people like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,921 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Hmm, I've been looking for a new theme song for when I eventually return to the office

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Hmm, I've been looking for a new theme song for when I eventually return to the office

https://jimjohnston.com/contact :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

https://twitter.com/ChrisVanVliet/status/1384601351666102280?s=19

This is a signing I'd love to see them make :D

Personally I only like a handful of their themes (not including licensed stuff for OC, Jungle Boy etc), nothing too memorable. Hangman (did he have it before AEW though like the bucks and Cody's themes?) and Stark's songs probably my favourites. Sting and the pinnacle not bad as well.

Any other favourites that people like?

Big fan of JJ, but Id fear his best work is behind him....PROVE ME WRONG JIM.

Darby Allins is a tune. Kenny's is a banger too. Ricky Starks an obvious one.

Some grow on me after time, like MJF's theme, Lance Archer and Hangmans

• Registered Users Posts: 60,467 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Young Bucks hinting this could be their new theme

Like the song but its not an entrance theme IMO. Wouldnt suit them.

• Advertisement

The hook at the start of that song would have a live crowd singing and rocking out.

That would be class. Tony Khan doesn't mind licensing music by the looks of it. That's a few songs now.

Hope he doesn't cheap out like WWE when the licensed music wouldn't show up on DVDs and games etc. The network as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

I like Limelight's in ring work, he's smooth, charismatic, and has his own distinctive style. He'll need to add a bit of character to push on to Dynamite, as AEW doesn't exactly want for 5'10 guys who are good at wrestling.

Limelight is like a Dealz version of Rey Fenix for me. Which isn't a knock, Fenix is one of the best on the planet and Limelight can do some really nice stuff in the ring.

Haven't caught Dark yet but enjoyed Elevation, the main was really good, another impressive outing from Konosuke. Was kind of surprised Gunn got the win over Solow in the first battle of the war between factories though!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Like the song but its not an entrance theme IMO. Wouldnt suit them.

Somethings are better left unchanged, and The Young Bucks entrance music is one.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Somethings are better left unchanged, and The Young Bucks entrance music is one.

I wasnt mad on it to begin with, but Im a firm believer that when someone turns heel, they should change their song (perhaps tweek it) and tweek their look.

Id like a change, just not to Kansas. Again, great track but its not a heel theme song IMO.

The hook at the start of that song would have a live crowd singing and rocking out.

And for that reason they shouldnt use it.

That song can only be associated with 1 pair of brothers and it's not the Bucks. Unless they're planning on going demon hunting.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

That song can only be associated with 1 pair of brothers and it's not the Bucks. Unless they're planning on going demon hunting.

Damn you, I came in here to say just that! :pac:

One of my favorite tunes around "Carry On Wayward Son"

Damn make it their theme and ill just rock out

Pretty big match for Ricky tomorrow, cannot wait

• Advertisement

Headshot wrote: »
    Pretty big match for Ricky tomorrow, cannot wait

Is he wrestling Thursday too?:pac:

I seriously though, its a big match and I have no doubt he will smash it with Page. Dont see him picking up the W though.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Is he wrestling Thursday too?:pac:

I seriously though, its a big match and I have no doubt he will smash it with Page. Dont see him picking up the W though.

I just want to be blown away by his performance, get to that next stage that we all know he should be

Headshot wrote: »
    I just want to be blown away by his performance, get to that next stage that we all know he should be

I imagine Cage vs Starks could be at their next PPV..... either that or the actual stable implosion takes place then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,925 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Unreal main event there, pity they involved Ethan Page/Sky at the end of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I've no problem with Ethan Page getting involved, the problem is it's a bit redundant because he's unlikely to take the title off Allin.

A nice bit of history there from JR something I always wondered about but never looked up.

Danno O'Mahony

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danno_O%27Mahony

Im 20 second sin to Dynamite and I swear, I like Tony S, but if he keeps saying STIIING as he does, I'll got nuts.

Starks v Page to kick off though, yay.

I guess Tony saying Sting is the equivalent of JR shouting Stone Cold

I guess Tony saying Sting is the equivalent of JR shouting Stone Cold

JR didnt shout Stone Cold everytime he mentioned him though. Ive no issue with it in the heat of a moment, but simply announcing STTTIIIING mid way through a regular sentence is so annoying.

• Advertisement

Loved the show tbh. Just really entertaining stuff

It's a small thing but we fans wanted Alex Abrahantes more involved with Pento and we got our wish.

Slime ball translator with Penta, just a dream team

Advertisement