Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,933 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Love Max

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I always thought his songs reminded me of the Irish tenors

• Registered Users Posts: 60,392 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Lexy’s facial reactions were great.

I really like the sit down interviews they do with talent be kayfabe or straight up just chatting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

The interviews on Elevation with Wight have been good, particularly liked the Acclaimed one. They have huge face potential for me, something quite likeable about them!

How good is Christian 7 years out and he really is living up to the Out Work Everyone line.

• Advertisement

How good is Christian 7 years out and he really is living up to the Out Work Everyone line.

It's absolute amazing that it feels like he's never left

He's been an absolute superb bit of business by TK. The young guys must be lining up at his door to get that wealth of experience and knowledge of wrestling

• Registered Users Posts: 8,387 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Headshot wrote: »
    It's absolute amazing that it feels like he's never left

He's been an absolute superb bit of business by TK. The young guys must be lining up at his door to get that wealth of experience and knowledge of wrestling

Always knew he'd be perfect for AEW, he's like Jericho in that he has the experience and name value to help AEW but can help to elevate others in the ring as well.

Just found out that Lexy Nair is DDP's step daughter.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I don't know who's running the Bucks account, but the daily changing bios are brilliant. Today's offering....
    Co-founders of AEW. Don’t do limb work in matches so ppl think we don’t know psychology. Wrestling tried to cancel us 10 years ago for not shaking a hand.

Isnt it strange that there's still no build up the Omega v Swann on AEW?

Tony's said it up to Impact to promote it, seeing as it's on their PPV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭ThePott

Still don't think that works and it's just a little odd. I mean the AEW title is on the line tonight and there's nary a mention of it from AEW.
    Presumably Omega is going to be showing up with the Impact title next Wednesday and there's been no acknowledgement of it.
    Doubt Impact are happy with it either tbh. Just feels like a missed opportunity.

Didn't KENTA attack Moxley on AEW to promote their match?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I see the younger brother in Top Flight could be out for 9-12 months with a torn ACL

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I see the younger brother in Top Flight could be out for 9-12 months with a torn ACL

Ouch.... hopefully its not a reoccurring injury. Thats a bad break.

Throwing out a statement

Darby Allin, best champion in wrestling at the moment

Cannot see him losing that belt any time soon

• Site Banned Posts: 1 Jinglepelz

Throwing out a statement

Darby Allen, best champion in wrestling at the moment

Cannot see him losing that belt any time soon

I agree. He's a gem in the wrestling world. Even more amazing is the fact that he was homeless for 3 years and still made it to the top.

So assuming Rich Swann doesn't take the AEW title tonight, who do you think will take each of the titles?
    Thinking Britt for the women's
    Miro for TNT
    Tag, I want to say Santana & Ortiz but they seem to be stuck in the faction feud.
    World title could be Hangman.

I think the FTW belt was defended once?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So assuming Rich Swann doesn't take the AEW title tonight, who do you think will take each of the titles?
    Thinking Britt for the women's
    Miro for TNT
    Tag, I want to say Santana & Ortiz but they seem to be stuck in the faction feud.
    World title could be Hangman.

I think the FTW belt was defended once?

I reckon the FTW belt is going to come good

Cage will break away from Team Tazz with the belt and Tazz will be right pissed and will do everything to get the belt back

Leyla Hirsch package and 2 returns in Anthony Bowens in-ring and Peter Avalon joining Ryan Nemeth on the new Elevation

Ya it was great to see Bowens back

I'm a big fan of The Acclaimed

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Really nice segment from Leyla Hirsh talking about her background and who she is. Then she's in a tag with Ryo Mizunami (who I think is great) giving her a nice bit of a charisma rub which I think she needed. She looks good in the ring and they're setting something up with her and Diamanté

Turner Media looks like it will take the NHL rights for the next 7 years now after NBC dropped out so Dynamite may end up moving night.

Some talk that the NHL will end up on HBO Max if it doesn't then Dynamite will probably have to move nights.

Tuesday Night Wars incoming :)

Lucha Underground reunion tonight on Dark as former LU Champion debuts against Brian Cage.

Marty the Moth vs Brian Cage,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Lads I can't remember but just in case I forgot to mention it, Hook in the wifebeater and those leather pants made last week's Dynamite an easy top 3 ever episode. The rest of the show was fine, some things good, some things OK.

Looks like Dynamite will end up moving nights now.

Wrestling draws bigger viewing numbers however NHL draws bigger ad revenue.

Turner & NHL Ice Seven-Year Rights Deal Including Playoffs, Stanley Cup Final
    Turner Sports and the NHL made it official today: They have inked a seven-year deal for pro hockey TV rights. Along with as many as 72 regular-season games starting next season, it means the the Stanley Cup Final and Stanley Cup Playoffs to TNT and TBS for the first time.

The agreement starting in the 2021-22 season also includes live streaming and digital rights across WarnerMedia, including HBO Max and on myriad devices, and gives Turner highlight rights for Bleacher Report.

The deal comes less than two months after ESPN sealed a deal for the return of the NHL to its fold after 16 years. The league’s 10-year pact with NBC Sports is set to expire at the end of the Covid-shortened current season.

TNT will crown a NHL champion through its exclusive live coverage of the Stanley Cup Final in three of the seven years. It also gets half of the Stanley Cup Playoffs each year — half of the Conference Finals, First and Second Round games — and rights to up to 72 exclusive national regular-season games each season. The network also will air the annual outdoor NHL Winter Classic exclusively, among other live events.

Live game and studio coverage details, along with programming plans, are TBA.

“This agreement with the National Hockey League brings one of the most prestigious championships in sports to TNT and fuels our entire Turner Sports and Bleacher Report portfolio with even more premium content for many years to come,” said Jeff Zucker, chairman of WarnerMedia News & Sports.

Added longtime NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman: “TNT is a proven and acclaimed destination for sports fans, and we will also benefit from the deep connection Bleacher Report has with young digital-savvy fans. Having WarnerMedia join the NHL family as co-rightsholders for the next seven years gives us incredible reach, positions us well for the future as the media landscape continues to evolve, and will fuel continued growth for the NHL and our clubs.”

https://deadline.com/2021/04/turner-looks-to-skate-in-on-nhl-rights-after-nbcuniversal-bails-will-pucks-fly-on-hbo-max-1234744602/

Hoping AEW stays to Wednesdays and will remain uncontested from other popular shows

Keep raking in that million plus viewers

Maybe they'll air the NHL on Tuesdays :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Lads I can't remember but just in case I forgot to mention it, Hook in the wifebeater and those leather pants made last week's Dynamite an easy top 3 ever episode. The rest of the show was fine, some things good, some things OK.

Hes 21... even though hes legal, Im sure the age gap is almost Anna Nicole Smith like:rolleyes:

Jokes aside he looked good last week.... in a wrestling skills way

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭ThePott

He's definitely got a lot of buzz. His chop block looked good, his stomps on the other hand were dreadful to be honest.

• Advertisement

Just finished watching AEW Elevation

A great watch and the time just flies by

Really solid entertaining show. Particularly love Sydel v Janela.
    Sydel is just so good

Advertisement