Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,310 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Don Callis comes across as such a smarmy chickensh1t individual, it's bloody fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Sting in 2020 is just a very “Meh” move from AEW. Reminds me of TNA signing any named star. (Sting obviously was the exception in TNA as he wasn’t ex WWE

The Omega, Callis/impact wrestling angle is brilliant and well done AEW.

Wonder how TNT feel that the huge follow up promo is on a rival tv station tho

• Registered Users Posts: 23,105 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I wouldn't mind the collaboration only for the fact that it will shine a light on the awful Gallows and Anderson again which means I'm 300% against it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

A big night for AEW and for most part they really delivered.

The Battle Royal was very well booked in my opinion, particularly the sequence with Jungle Boy and Sammy. Lots going on with Page/Hardy/Dark Order, Sky/Spears, MJF/Sammy, Miro/OC. Would have rathered Jungle Boy v MJF but Im ok with OC too and it makes no surprise that OC got the nod. Jungle Boy is just my boy right now and the perfect underdog. Miro had a good showing and in turn, some rehab for his character. An entertaining and creative opener.

Jericho v Kaz was ok, Im kinda over Jericho in AEW. Bar his entrance, hes going stale and I do not wanna see him in competition. Kaz is in great shape but he couldnt drag Jericho to a decent match, though he tried. Too many resthold's early on killed any chance this match had, though I did feel the Flux Capacitor on Jericho was impressive it wasn't enough to get me into this match. I did like the towel antics though which do add to the story. Jake Hager in his Arthur Daly coat was a funny sight though.

Bucks interview gave a nice heel vibe, but the Acclaimed strolled in as heels so I wish The Bucks would pick a side. The Acclaimed are a good team but their promo sucked.

Baker vs Legit was fine, Im a huge fan of Baker as a character and she hits it out of the park each time, but shes needs work in the ring. I dont think shes sloppy, but I do feel shes nearlyt too slow in transitions and over cautious when giving offence. That said this match was one of her better showings and Leyla gave a good account of herself. Rosa running in was fine and I hope Rosa come sout on top at the end as Id love to see her and the champ eventually lock up after she beats Baker, though I feel Baker might be go over considering how good of a character she has.

The Cody/Allin vs Team Taz match was good. I like everyone in this match, Allin, Starks and Hobbs all appear to have bright futures..... esp liking Starks as he has an attitude and charisma thats off the charts, reminds me of a modern day Gorgeous Gino. Hobbs wearing Taz colours is a nice touch. A decent tag match that progressed the story. Taz has been a gem for AEW. Never liked him in TNA, but he has really found his groove as a Bobby Heenan type manager with more backbone. Him being the mouthpiece for Hobbs and Cage is a wise choice.

Was surprised to see Sting and was I am in two minds. Oh one side it was a cool moment, one the other I was thinking "do I really wanna see Sting in AEW on a multi year performers contract". I dunno how much he can go in 2020, but I will reserve judgment for how he was used. A one off match would be fine but anything more..... I dunno.

And the Main Event. Before it started the time remaining indictated that we are getting a long, big fight. I was already hyped for it and the entrances and intros gave it that big fight feel even more. Genuinely didnt know which way this could go and plenty of scenarios went through my head, which is exactly where you wanna be as you settle in to watch a big top of the card fight. Arguably the biggest match in AEW yet.

Side nit-pick, I hate Mox's ring gear.... preferred him in the short tights.

Loved Mox's swagger early on and the match was good, nothing spectacular until Mox hit his finisher an grabbed the chairs. Wouldnt it have made more sense for Mox to pin him and then grab the chairs. Why risk the title and your undefeated streak?

After that, the match picked up and it really hit its stride. I could watch Kennys snap suplexs all day. Omega going dirty was welcome and him having to resort to using a weapon works well. The cross promotion stuff with Impact .... I dunno..... while Impact has done well in recent years to get the stink of Dixie Carter, Im not too keen on AEW crossing over to this extent. I guess I will wait and see, but Im not too encouraged as I feel the days of invasions and fed warfare are well past their sell by date.

Overall though a very good show and really enjoyed most of the main event.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Well Impact certainly just got a lot more interesting!

Really liked the main event, started off slow but built up nicely and it was the right time and right person to take the belt off Mox. I love wrestling companies working together so I'm a big fan of the angle. Is there now a possibility Omega could begin 2021 as the AEW World Champion, the Impact World Champion and the AAA Mega Campeon? Don Callis is awesome so with his involvement I'm hoping for really good things to come!

The tag match and the Battle Royal were both really good, just another very enjoyable episode of Dynamite all round. Sting's return to TNT, a new World Champion, a new working partnership - felt like a big night for AEW and a great night of pro-wrestling.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 ciaran2054

That episode was insane. Hats off to Tony Kahn. He gives me exactly what I want even when I don’t know I want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

After that ending with Kenny & Don Callis, and the find out on Tuesday.

uu9pmDP.gif?noredirect

All around bloody good show.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    After that ending with Kenny & Don Callis, and the find out on Tuesday.

All around bloody good show.

I am very curious to see the numbers bump Impact will surely get. Its win-win for Anthem and the rub surely will do them wonders.

It always depends on what the relationship in between the two companies.

I wonder will we see wrestlers switch sides ala WWE's invasion. Sting, Kingston, Hardy... all former Impact guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Officer999

Amazing the Sting debut wasn’t leaked. Great to be genuinely surprised nowadays

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I am very curious to see the numbers bump Impact will surely get. Its win-win for Anthem and the rub surely will do them wonders.

It always depends on what the relationship in between the two companies.

I wonder will we see wrestlers switch sides ala WWE's invasion. Sting, Kingston, Hardy... all former Impact guys.

Bigger picture; it's win win all around and shows that AEW & by extension Tony & TNT are willing to extend a branch and form an alliance of sorts between the other wrestling companies. As Impact have a working relationship with ROH, who have one with NJPW, AEW sort of have with Corgan's NWA.

And perhaps a stupid question, but what's the connection (if any) between Don Callis & Kenny Omega? Other than them being Canadians of course.

Officer999 wrote: »
    Amazing the Sting debut wasn’t leaked. Great to be genuinely surprised nowadays

Clearly keeping a secret/surprise under wraps isn't a lost art in professional wrestling after all.

Bigger picture; it's win win all around and shows that AEW & by extension Tony & TNT are willing to extend a branch and form an alliance of sorts between the other wrestling companies. As Impact have a working relationship with ROH, who have one with NJPW, AEW sort of have with Corgan's NWA.

And perhaps a stupid question, but what's the connection (if any) between Don Callis & Kenny Omega? Other than them being Canadians of course.

Its too early to say its a win for AEW. Did they need the association with Impact.... Id say no, but only time will tell if it's a success. Its started off one the right foot as its certainly created a buzz and they have me curious to see how it pays off.

Having a working relationship with a company is one thing, an invasion us vs them angle on a big scale.... its too early to tell how it will go. Its off to a good start though.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,814 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Jesus Sting still relevant in 2020/21

Love the character and wwe made such a bollocks of his run. Best of luck to him

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Jesus Sting still relevant in 2020/21

Love the character and wwe made such a bollocks of his run. Best of luck to him

Still scratching my head over that Mania result. Vince at his most egotistical.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they were going to use him better until that injury happened.

Really cool moment watching Sting circle the ring giving them all the state.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Still scratching my head over that Mania result. Vince at his most egotistical.

HHH was supposed to have a match with the Rock the following Mania so he had to win the one previous to look strong etc.

What are the chances of Taker ending up in AEW and having a match with Sting?

Never say never.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

The Nal wrote: »
    HHH was supposed to have a match with the Rock the following Mania so he had to win the one previous to look strong etc.

Never say never.

Never

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Never

Remember hearing the same "never" from 60 year old "loyal to McMahon" Ric Flair.

Clearly keeping a secret/surprise under wraps isn't a lost art in professional wrestling after all.

Edge showed that.

• Advertisement

AEW is linking the world of wrestling outside of WWE.

Mox is NJPW US Champion

Omega is AAA Mega Champion.

Deeb is NWA Women's Champion.

Impact partnership.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Edge showed that.

Fair point, had forgotten his return.

AEW is linking the world of wrestling outside of WWE.

Mox is NJPW US Champion

Omega is AAA Mega Champion.

Deeb is NWA Women's Champion.

Impact partnership.

So is Tony Khan Thanos, and AEW is the Infinity Gauntlet and the other wrestling companies are the Infinity Stones in this context :pac:

Nothing in wrestling is original. Rebooting one of the great angles from nearly 50 years ago is the way to do it.

https://twitter.com/TheDonCallis/status/1334536244743852032?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 16,710 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Moxley Vs Omega was great. Overall I really enjoyed Moxley's run as champ. His mini feud with Eddie Kingston was particularly great. It's a shame we never got to see his run in front of an actual crowd though. He's one of the best around in getting fans involved in his angles and matches. His reign wasn't as good as it could have been due to the lockdown but he made the best of it.

I'm sure he'll win the title again down the line and be able to have a proper run.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,815 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Okay the Sting surprise got me. Didn't see it coming, though not sure what I expect from it.

I missed the rules for the battle royal so was confused when the music hit after Wardlow was eliminated. the strange thing about their battle royals is their raised entrance means only 3 sides allow things like skinning the cat. What happens if they land on the apron but their heels hit the platform. Are they eliminated.

As for the main event, what was Moxley thinking with the chairs? Hope someone addresses it with him. He didn't just lose the title to Omega, he lost it to another company in a way. So we should be getting Cody and Tony mad at him. Though Tony looked to be smiling as Don and Kenny passed him.
    I'm curious how Impact's working now. Don't think they're live and they used to record multiple episodes in advance. I guess they could do what needs to be done for this and just insert it where they want.
    So that'll be 3 world titles on Impact, if Moose is to be believed.
    Was trying to think who would be good to see on AEW and I think Jordynne Grace would fit in.
    Su Young vs Abaddon.

Did anything happen with Kingston since he came out after the match?

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Never say never.

I wouldn't rule out Undertaker doing anything if the money is right

Never say never.

I'd say 14 years time, when that new contract he signed last year expires.

So realistically, never.

Does anyone actually want to see broken down 55 year old Taker versus an equally broken down 61 year old Sting?

They might be able to do a cinematic match but a regular in-ring singles match would be a pitiful sight.

• Advertisement

J. Marston wrote: »
    Does anyone actually want to see broken down 55 year old Taker versus an equally broken down 61 year old Sting?

They might be able to do a cinematic match but a regular in-ring singles match would be a pitiful sight.

Cinematic match next year is what I was hoping for. Could of got some good promos out of it at the very least.

Advertisement